Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

I am starting wonder if allowing offers is working anymore for me or if I should just move to a flat pricing. I kept it on because I would say about once a month I would have a buyer not even bother making an off and buy at the full asking price, which was a nice margin. As of late I haven't seen that and wonder if just dropping to regular BIN listing at the lower price would attract more interest. Had anyone experimented with these two methods?

2. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

what tyvex are you buying? unline has 10x 13 at $30/100 and 12x15 at $43. plus you add fairly expensive shipping.

With the 3x3x6 box costing about $.30 delivered, its probably a hair cheaper than the tyvex wrap.

Now, I get it if you're using the txwoodworker method and pre-packaging all your items immediately. You have everything staged in SFR and then if someone opts for 1st Class, throw it in the tyvex.

3. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

OK, maybe 'quite happy' was an exaggeration. 'Not disappointed' would be more like it.

4. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Are most of you guys using true "Tyvek" bags or just the poly bags? I've used these poly bags for a long time with no issues and they're much cheaper at about $0.07/ea. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-10x13-W...3?pt=BI_Mailers_Envelopes&hash=item2a1254d295

5. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

how funny that 99% of the time when I meet Americans they only speak English ahah

6. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Florian, What part of PQ are you in? I lived up there for a couple of years back in the late nineties. I would attempt to rap with you guys in Quebcois but my abilities in the French language are long gone.

7. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I'm illiterate in 4 languages.

Southern English is my native language, Italian I was fluent but now rusty. Can read and follow convo's in French and Spanish. At one time, my survival french was pretty good, but 20 years later, not so much.

8. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

9. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

To be fair, that is 1/3 of the national languages on the continent. Not sure many Europeans could say the same.

10. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Buyer wants to return a suit (size didn't fit, even though I gave all measurements) because it didn't look like the pictures in my ad. The jacket was pinned, which he says is the main reason he wants to return...he basically thought it was going to be slimmer around the waist.

What would you do? It was a sale done on craigslist, he wired the money to me via bank...

(Practically every big seller seems to pin the jackets on Ebay, didn't know it was a reason for return?)

11. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Every seller of clothing except street vendors pin clothing.

12. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

You should tell him about tailoring.

13. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Well, In my ad I stated that I would not take any returns, unless the item was damaged or not as described.

I then gave him detailed measurements, which he said looked good. Also informed him that one usually has to get some work done, before the fit is good.

Now two weeks later I get a mail stating that it didn't fit AND that it didn't look like pictured, and pointed out that it had to have been pinned on the pictures. So he's using the later as a reason for return, even though it's obvious it's because it didn't fit like he wanted it to. For all I know he's used it for some event, and figured he could just return it afterwards.

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

15. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member