Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

3. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Accepte puis tu vois s'il paye, t'as rien à craindre. J'ai un type avec 1 évaluation qui m'a fait une offre directe vendredi que j'ai acceptée, j'attends toujours son paiement...

4. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Maybe. Thinking so because even the shoulders measure smaller than a 46 should/would (18 inches).

Super confused.

5. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Thanks for the feedback on how ties are shipped. I'll burn through these 100 boxes I just bought and see how much time it saves. Otherwise back to Small flat rate into a tyvek. The tie inside is in a self sealing waterproof bag regardless of the outside.

Anyone found a decent method for getting hard folds or crumbles from being piled into a tyvek bag and shipped out of silk ties? Not sure if ironing through a towel or something along those lines would work?

6. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

You're right. I work on the assumption that if the buyer has 3 offers total, they'd want to use them all. So many times it happens that I get an offer, I counteroffer (reasonably), expecting them to respond. And that's it, they're gone. You have 2 more offers FFS, just send me your same offer earlier with a note that it's your max offer, and then I can decide whether to let go of the item at a reduced price to make space in my closet. There are times when this dance plays perfectly (get offer of $50, I counter with $80, they counter with $65, sold!). Now when I get an offer I have no clue if this person is planning to play the game, so to speak, or is he the kind to make just one offer and be done with it.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm regretting the last few counteroffers I made when I would've been quite happy to get rid of the items at the original offered price.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

One method I use to try to determine if it is their "final offer" on the first offer is if the combination of their offer + the posted S&H price equates to an "even" $5 or $10 increment. For ties with S&H at $2.50 I often receive offers of approximately $12.50 or $17.50. It's the psychological thing of "I'll pay up to $20 for this shipped to my door, but not $20.01."

9. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Thanks. I do offer free shipping on most things, though, and all of the offers I get are in $5/$10 increments. [​IMG]

10. McPryon

McPryon Well-Known Member

I submitted a few offers on a pair of J&M shoes recently. My final offer was $30 and it was refused after a day of waiting. I think the BIN price was $32.50.

Some people just make no sense.

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I dunno man...offering $30 on a $32.50 BIN? As a seller I would have accepted...as a buyer I would have sprung for the extra $2.50 if I wanted them that much. Makes little sense on either side.

12. McPryon

McPryon Well-Known Member

$30 was my third offer. I ended up using BIN to get it after that...

13. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

If you'd have been happy to et rid of the item for the original offer, why didn't you accept it?

14. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I have had to wonder at why some sellers even chose the OBO option. I was looking at camera lenses, and the person basically said that they only had $5 wiggle room on a $100+ item. At that point, just price it at $95 to start or whatever, and drop the OBO. That's a complete waste of time. It wasn't like I was lowballing either. My first offer was 75% of the BIN price, and they countered with $2 off. That didn't make any sense.

15. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

d'accord