Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

You have 14 day return window ... honor that, then fight it, at least I would.... call ebay.... you say tagged 33 and shoe a picture of the tag and provide measurements. If he cant ship it back he has to open a case and from my experience as long as you speak with an ebay rep and make sure you say "you feel its buyers remorse" etc etc etc you should win.

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Please post the buyer ID so I can block. Anyone who asks for a partial refund on a pair of pants that don't fit is suspect in my book.

3. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Thanks guys. That's what I thought, too.

4. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

How do some of you dish out. 40 cents per listing for 10 days x 20-200 items. Doesn't that heavily cut into profit, or do you find that having the 3 extra days is more beneficial and results in a higher return? For

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

5. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Stores have cheaper listing prices.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Why didn't you list tagged size in title? Photo on my phone is pretty hard to see and buyers never read descriptions

7. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Do you have an exact amount on how much 10 day cost on a basic store? Haven't found it on the sites table

8. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

For the title, I usually go with true (measured) size, and only tagged if it's within 1 size of true (which yes, would fit this case; must have missed it). Really reconsidering that now.

You're saying the photo of the size tag is difficult to see? I need to start getting close to the tag if so.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

9. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

globbus

Alright, going to fight it. Thanks guys!

10. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

In this guy's defense, I'd ask for $15-$20 (depending on what I paid) refund assuming it was the seller's fault and there was a clear discrepancy between the listed measurements and the actual pants. My tailor would charge me $15-30 to take in or let out a pair of pants depending on if it just needed alteration at the waist or at the seat as well.

11. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Sounds really confusing to me. If the tag says it is a 33, just list it as a 33 and add measurements. I know I need a 30X for Levis pants and 29X32 for J. Crew, and therefore all I want to know is the size on the tag, and that's probably the same for many people. If I see a pair of Levis jeans listed 30X32, I'm assuming it's the size on the tag. I don’t want to have to go through the whole description to find out it’s actually a 31” with 30” at the waist.

12. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

I figure I'm going to get soo many more returns because of that though. I'm like you but I think we're minority. Much easier to defend in an ebay case though, but is easier defense worth more returns?

Another reason why I'd like to switch ties only.

13. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Don't assume and you wont have a problem. One of my complaints with ebay buyers is that I spend a ton of time, measuring, inspecting, and listing items, and they make a rash 5 second decision and then when they make a mistake they expect ebay (or me) to fix it. Its even worse when I run auctions.

This is a $35 w/ free shipping pair of pants. Basically the guys wants them for free.....