Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

And how far you had to drive to get it and how much the "rent" was for the space you use to take photos :teach:

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Then you have to know what percentage of the area you are paying rent for is compared to the entire area you pay rent for. Can't write off a 10,000 sqft hours for your 400 sqft of space used for storage/pictures.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

ProTip : Leave shit all over the house, you write the whole thing off :laugh:

(my kid is in charge of shipping)

4. mainy

mainy Senior member

this is disturbingly accurate for me right now :fu:

working on leasing a place, lol

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

6. chiron

chiron Senior member

7. SpooPoker

Agreed! But, I don't quite have the advertising budget of eBay. :(

8. chiron

chiron Senior member

What you do have is a loyal following of your Target audience. I don't know if you are on ask andy as well but they are also in your target demographic. Have you tried the free 100$ in Google AdSense ads?

9. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Wow, I can imagine people who only list a few items being mildly annoyed, but that's probably a pretty big hit for you in regard to time and watchers/bidders. Have you gotten it sorted yet? I'm not sure if it's well-known or appropriate to ask, but is this your full time job or a lucrative and time-consuming hobby?

Condolences on the setback, that's insane.

eBay.de has been messing with their payment system and I've had to go through to make sure that I paid the correct fees and actually received the money for the items. It's only been about 15 auctions though, can't imagine your troubles!

10. SpooPoker

21 in total I think, got the hit. I should have known something was up when I had about 40 messages yesterday asking why I wouldn't ship to the USA, when it clearly says worldwide shipping. But, to just can the auctions is a nightmare. I had some of those listed specifically because other items which are up complimented them. Plus, it spans 5-6 consignors.

11. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

I had 19 auctions ended. Very disappointing.

12. DePakkenKoning

DePakkenKoning Member

I've just recently started selling stuff on ebay. I thereby have a new account without any feedback. ebay therefore limits my listings on a monthly basis. I guess you all know about this.

the problem I have been facing is the following. I have reached my limit this month so I have to wait another month or sell some stuff te be able to list more. This isn't really the problem ( even though it's quite annoying ) the problem is I can't revise or change my current listings. so I have already payed to list, but if I revise my add I can't list the changes. It just says; "you can't list... you have reached your monthly limit"

this is quite annoying. I have payed for these listings but now I can't change them or drop the price.

is there something I can do except for selling stuff or removing already payed for listings?

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Call, customer support. Sometimes they will lift the limit for a day or so, so that you can make your changes.

14. DePakkenKoning

DePakkenKoning Member

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on doing that tomorrow. I was only wondering if there was another way.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Was viewing feedback left for others on the bidders currently winning my auctions and came across this gem

:facepalm:

and another...

HONER EBAY LAWS!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012