• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
With the new defect ratings, is anyone gonna opt out of hassle free returns? With returns dinging you, I'd probably just want to PayPal refund someone and take the final value fee hit instead of having someone open a return and getting me a ding.
I would call ebay and ask. I dont deal with returns but I think they said something about hassel free returns (with no case open and no low star ratings) not affecting your defect rating. Call and ask, they should be able to tell you 100% in under 3 min.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. If I wanted to list a lot of 2 shirts - do I put it under mixed lots - or just shirts?

Thanks

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just do it in whatever category you would sell them, in this case shirts. That's what I've done and it works.

Lirum

Reaction score
1. Search for something similar to what you have. See which category has more results.
2. Check brian's, wes', and spoo's listings for items similar to what you have. Note how they list theirs.
3. Make decision.

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I'm being paranoid or scammed.

Bid and won a Breville Barista BES860XL Monday morning in a 24 hour auction. Immediately paid. As the seller and I are both in the same city, I offered to meet for local pickup to save them some shipping costs (auction was free shipping). Monday afternoon, the seller put up another auction for the same item, which sold for $100 more than mine did. Got kind of suspicious, so I started looking through his closed auctions. The seller hadn't been selling kitchen appliances until May 23rd - between then and June 3rd, he listed 13 various appliances, almost all using stock photos, and made almost $8800 in 12 days. And none of these recent auctions has left feedback, so theres no way for me to know if he shipped nay of these items.

So here's the paranoid part. It's Thursday, I've messaged the seller twice and heard nothing. No shipping notification. I can't open a case until 10 days after auction close, and the seller then has 10 days to respond. Any chance this guy has run a big scam, built up some feedback and then run a bunch of sham auctions? Here's a link to his prior sales activity. So, am I totally nuts, or is there something here? Also, since I can't open a case yet, is there any point in calling ebay?

So, looks like this guy was pulling quite the scam. 4 negative feedback in the last three days. Thank goodness for ebay buyer protection.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, looks like this guy was pulling quite the scam. 4 negative feedback in the last three days. Thank goodness for ebay buyer protection.

I wonder if these people actually somehow keep the money. Your account is linked and I assume they'll just forcibly take the money back?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to keep reminding myself that for every asshole you sell something to, there's hundreds of perfectly reasonable people. After just getting this last neg overturned because, luckily, the buyer made a super dick move, I'm walking on eggshells when anyone contacts me with the slightest issue/question with a sale. Not going to bother with the details, but I'm def. rolling over a lot quicker than I used to, thankfully I have the volume to justify it, as well as an ever growing blocked list.
That is all...

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Withdraw money, close account, cancel credit card...before cases start opening.

He'll get his tho - karma is a *****.

I always assumed PayPal worked with the credit bureau and would **** up your **** for stuff like that.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always assumed PayPal worked with the credit bureau and would **** up your **** for stuff like that.

Dude's **** was probably already on the way to being fucked up. And depending on the amount of the scam could see felony charges if caught. As OP said, thank goodness for buyer protection.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude's **** was probably already on the way to being fucked up. And depending on the amount of the scam could see felony charges if caught. As OP said, thank goodness for buyer protection.

Assuming all of the auctions over the 10 day period in question were fraudulent, the seller scammed almost $8,800. Sounds like grand theft to me.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DUDE! Quickest BIN ever for me. Thanks!!

Charvet...how I love thee

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251553808424?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure I would describe that as "pristine" with the damage to the tip and the corner. Hopefully they don't ding you with a defect.

9/10 condition. maybe 8/10 i guess? im fairly new to this. we'll see. it has worked out so far

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads