• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you can void it within 24 (or 48?) hours. I'm guessing you made an account on USPS before purchasing the label. In your activity history, you should see the labels you've created. I'm 100% sure I've seen the option to void it within a certain time frame under <Actions> in the Transaction Details. If you're not seeing the link to void, perhaps the time window has passed.

Got it - thank you! It was under "Activity History" - had to click around a few times to find the "Request a Refund" link - done! Said the refund request has done within 30 days of printing so I should be good. Thanks!

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leave some cookies with a "thanks for all the hard work" note next time, I'm sure s/he will double check in the future to grab them.

yes, i suppose being nice is better than leaving nasty notes.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My ******* mailman sucks!!!!!

Always leaves packages that are in plain sight on my porch and yet I'll get emails from USPS saying they were picked up.

This is at least the 4th time.

Call your local PO, speak to the manager - USPS makes their best profits from package delivery (after junk mail). Let them know you spend hundreds or thousands per year on shipping. UPS or fedex would take your business too.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have good source of black and horn suit buttons?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eThrifted 6 EZ shirts and received them today. First, is this legal stacking two boxes and having only one label:

If so I have lost some money with shipping.

Second, the shirts all smelled horrible. They actually smelled like they were stored in a barn, they smell like a friends horse barn. I have actually had to open several doors to try to air out my house they are so bad. I am trying to wash them and remove the smell, but damn. What do you think is the proper response? Neutral or Negative feedback?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second, the shirts all smelled horrible. They actually smelled like they were stored in a barn, they smell like a friends horse barn. I have actually had to open several doors to try to air out my house they are so bad. I am trying to wash them and remove the smell, but damn. What do you think is the proper response? Neutral or Negative feedback?
Just my $0.02 but never ever leave negative or neutral feedback without first contacting the seller.

FreedBird

Reaction score
You can stack USPS boxes as long as they are not flat rate, so yes you have probably lost some money on big packages before. Sorry to hear about the shirts though... See what the seller is willing to do for you after you contact him.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^you may be able to stack USPS boxes, but I'm pretty sure that's only when postage is calculated by weight. There's no way you should be able to tape two RRA boxes together and pay the cost of one RRA box (assuming that's what happened)

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^you may be able to stack USPS boxes, but I'm pretty sure that's only when postage is calculated by weight. There's no way you should be able to tape two RRA boxes together and pay the cost of one RRA box (assuming that's what happened)
Yeah, this is the only way that makes sense. In which case, you probably haven't lost a TON of money, but no doubt some.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, shill bidding is absolutely rampant over at the UK Ebay. Most Items I've picked up there lately, I've initially lost, only to receive a second chance "Buyer backed out" offer. (It doesn't really mater to me though, as I always place my max bid on auctions)

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Man, shill bidding is absolutely rampant over at the UK Ebay. Most Items I've picked up there lately, I've initially lost, only to receive a second chance "Buyer backed out" offer. (It doesn't really mater to me though, as I always place my max bid on auctions)

I've had this happen to me a couple times here on US eBay. Recently the seller got a whole 50 cents out of me. Just 1 more reason to snipe yet again . . .

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the new defect ratings, is anyone gonna opt out of hassle free returns? With returns dinging you, I'd probably just want to PayPal refund someone and take the final value fee hit instead of having someone open a return and getting me a ding.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the new defect ratings, is anyone gonna opt out of hassle free returns? With returns dinging you, I'd probably just want to PayPal refund someone and take the final value fee hit instead of having someone open a return and getting me a ding.
Even doing a return outside of eBay, you could still get dinged with the buyer leaving you 1-2 stars on 'item as described' or something. I feel like seeing the hassle free returns on a listing, buyers are more likely to buy. To me, it seems like a risk worth taking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads