• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I just get this case open.... no joke, the ebay guy I called was laughing on the phone...

Quote:
  • What link to what description?
  • Arrived late - Paid on Friday, shipped on Monday Priority Mail, arrived Wednesday...
  • Not able to give honest feedback?? - Left pos feedback with "This experience sucked"
  • Picture (12 high quality photos from all angles) were misleading?
  • Description said "OK to Fair Condition"

lol8[1].gif
I see no reason why this wont be an easy win for buyers remorse when I escalate it in 3 days but got a good laugh out of it. Oh yea... and welcome to the black list buddy.
Won & Done - That was easy.

Melbush

Reaction score
I shipped a pair of shoes on May 28th, and the only (and last update) I got when I track it on USPS website is:

May 29, 2014 , 1:48 am

Depart USPS Sort Facility

MERRIFIELD, VA 22081

Your item departed our MERRIFIELD, VA 22081 sort facility on May 29, 2014 at 1:48 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Does that mean it has been held by the customs for two weeks now? Or should I just disregard USPS tracking info?

Brianpore

Reaction score
I shipped a pair of shoes on May 28th, and the only (and last update) I got when I track it on USPS website is:

May 29, 2014 , 1:48 am

Depart USPS Sort Facility

MERRIFIELD, VA 22081

Your item departed our MERRIFIELD, VA 22081 sort facility on May 29, 2014 at 1:48 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Does that mean it has been held by the customs for two weeks now? Or should I just disregard USPS tracking info?
Need more info...where did you ship it to/from, what service did you use? Unless you used express mail or registered mail, shipping international is a huge gamble as there is no sure fire way to get tracking updates from my experience.

Have you tried using http://www.trackitonline.ru/

Melbush

Reaction score
Shipped from DC, chose the cheapest option (priority mail I believe)

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a lot of 4 ties and today they arrived bunched up in a priority mail tyvek bag. WTF, if someone is going to go to the extent of shipping priority for a package under 13 ounces why not put the damn things in a box or at worst a flat rate cardboard or padded envelope? But no, a non-shaped tyvek bag.... Christ. /rant off.
I've bought about 5 tie lots on ebay. For each lot, they've either

A. Been packaged really well, but full of frays and snags that weren't in the photos
B. Would have been in great shape, but the seller jammed them all in a way-too-small box/bag.

Brianpore

Reaction score
Shipped from DC, chose the cheapest option (priority mail I believe)
From DC to ?????

Not trying to pull teeth but if you want correct information you need to supply all the details of the shipment.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope all goes well for you.

In other news! SHELL! - I want to sell a pair of C&J Shells, but I honestly know nothing about shoe  repairing etc. Its a bit dinged up. Should I just put a lightly damp cloth around the whole thing and snap some pics. OR should I learn how to repair / clean up shoes for a better ROI

Wipe down shell, then brush a little bit. Depending on what C&J shell you might have flakey finish so you don't want to treat them like Aldens. After brushing apply reno if you have it or a similar cleaner / conditioner. I find reno just dries out C&J shell more but if you are selling them it doesn't matter as it should make shoe look a little better. If you have cordovan creme or VSC that also works a little bit better. Could help a bit more if I saw shoe condition. Also maybe add some edge dressing if sole edges need it

Brianpore

Reaction score
Quote: You may get lucky, but I would not ship anything international unless you use Registered Mail or Express Mail.

Switzerland happens to be an E-Delcon country so if you printed the label out online (though ebay or the usps website) then it should have the e-delcon barcode for them to scan. Read more about E-Delcon here http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

I have had it though when shipping to Australia that e-delcon did not work correctly and the package never showed delivered. It actually Sat at the post office waiting for the import duties to be paid for weeks until it was returned. The buyer did not know it was sitting there as the last scan as similar to yours.

I would contact the buyer and make sure the 110% check with their post office every couple of days. You might not see another scan at all, or until it item is picked up. If you want to protect yourself selling on ebay you NEED to use Registered Mail (priority or 1st class) OR Express Mail. Either way def. suggest also insuring the item for the full value.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ******* mailman sucks!!!!!

Always leaves packages that are in plain sight on my porch and yet I'll get emails from USPS saying they were picked up.

This is at least the 4th time.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I purchased a label directly from usps.com (not via eBay or PayPal), and I don't use it, will it eventually be voided and I'll be refunded? I know you can void thru eBay shipping but cannot find any such link or info on usps.com, and I can't eat the cost of an unused label on this one.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you can void it within 24 (or 48?) hours. I'm guessing you made an account on USPS before purchasing the label. In your activity history, you should see the labels you've created. I'm 100% sure I've seen the option to void it within a certain time frame under <Actions> in the Transaction Details. If you're not seeing the link to void, perhaps the time window has passed.

Brianpore

Reaction score
My ******* mailman sucks!!!!!

Always leaves packages that are in plain sight on my porch and yet I'll get emails from USPS saying they were picked up.

This is at least the 4th time.
Leave some cookies with a "thanks for all the hard work" note next time, I'm sure s/he will double check in the future to grab them.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wipe down shell, then brush a little bit. Depending on what C&J shell you might have flakey finish so you don't want to treat them like Aldens. After brushing apply reno if you have it or a similar cleaner / conditioner. I find reno just dries out C&J shell more but if you are selling them it doesn't matter as it should make shoe look a little better. If you have cordovan creme or VSC that also works a little bit better. Could help a bit more if I saw shoe condition. Also maybe add some edge dressing if sole edges need it
I understood maybe 2 of those words.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads