Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Send it back.

If you try to clean it yourself, you lose your leverage with ebay and can't send it back because it won't be in "original condition"

If you decide you want to keep it, take photos, send to the seller and ask for a specific refund. If he accepts, you live with the results if your cleaners can't fix. If he doesn't, you return it.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That is known as a "Three & Three" weave. I often refer to it as a Diamond Plate weave, because of it's appearance....but that hasn't really caught on yet.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

3. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I've just mailed my 5th or 6th pair of shoes to 4xxx Express Lane, Sarasota, Fl. They've always been the Paypal address so I've never had a problem with this.

I googled the address and checked out the consolidator's ads. The price in their estimator was higher than USPS express to Japan.

You guys ever have problems with these types of companies?

4. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

I used a freight forwarding service to the Philippines before upon the buyers request and it worked fine. However I don't know why it would be needed for Japan where the shipping service is reliable.

5. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

Muchas Gracias Amigo

6. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

A buyer opened a return before talking to me. We came to agreements before he/she shipped the item back but the return is still lingering there. How does one go about closing the return? The buyer said they weren't sure how to close the return.

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I think it will time out after a while....but I'm not sure. Is there anything under "Dispute Return" for a mutual agreement? I don't have any open returns right now to investigate it.

8. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Nope. I've never returned an item either so I don't know if the buyer has an option to close it. I may just tell them to leave it be, I think they do time out.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Just annoying to see it there. I know that feeling. Kinda like having a neutral feedback on your dashboard for a year.

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Found it..

"Occasionally, you and your buyer may decide that a return isn't necessary. If this happens, you can't close the return yourself.
    If you and your buyer have communicated through Messages in My eBay, and you've determined that a return is no longer necessary, ask the buyer to close the return. The buyer can close the return if the return shipment isn't already in progress.

If your buyer has already printed a return shipping label, but hasn't shipped the item back to you, the buyer can simply disregard the label. No shipping charges occur unless a label is scanned by USPS."

11. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

People probably use it to combine shipping from different purchases. Sarasota FL sounds like MyUS, I know they offer repacking and I think they can store your stuff for a while too. If you make several small purchases it might save you some money.

12. shirtsnmor

shirtsnmor Senior member

Quick question regarding flannel suits / sport coats. If I'm correct, worsted flannel feels almost akin to a cashmere. I've picked up others that I usually describe as a rough flannel on my listings. They are fall / winter weight items that feel course / rough to the touch. Not like a tweed, but a suiting fabric. Are these just considered flannel?

13. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Don't think the buyer is responding anymore so I'll let it time out, I suppose. Not much else to do.

Got that neg feedback revised, glad to have 100% feedback again.

14. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

You can roughly divide flannel into worsted flannel and woolen flannel. The difference is that if you look closely, worsted flannel will have a twill pattern to it, along with a slightly raised nap. It can also feel scratchy sometimes, but not necessarily. Woolen flannel will simply have a raised nap to it, and can feel coarse or soft depending on how the wool is carded.

Quote: Worsted flannel is a type of weave and cashmere is a type of fabric/material, so the comparison is not apt. Just like wool, cashmere can be worsted (smooth to the touch, some sheen, best for suiting, etc.), or it can have a raised nap to it, making it cashmere flannel (softer, more appropriate for sportjackets, etc.).

15. shirtsnmor

shirtsnmor Senior member

Thank you!