1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. thefastlife

thefastlife Distinguished Member

messing around with a new photo locale for shoes anyway

i think it looks decent considering its shot with a camera phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ATLjon

ATLjon Distinguished Member

This was after I put the standard measurement listings in the jacket.

Quote:

3. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Distinguished Member

a camera phone?! Are you kidding me?

4. Lirum

Lirum Senior Member

5. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

Anyone use a UV/Blacklight to help spot stains? Thinking of picking one up to ease the stain-finding process. Any recommendations on lights?

6. thefastlife

thefastlife Distinguished Member

hope you're meaning it looks decent. i think so.

at first i didn't think i'd like the look of being outside but i feel it makes it unique. i know some other people on here do it as well and it works well. kind of separates from the crowd a bit.

7. FlorianQC

I mean it's awesome yeah for a smartphone! It's even better than my shitty REAL camera lol (pretty old).

Outside pictures are really nice I do agree. Natural light is da shit

8. FlorianQC

WTF is that?!
    Last month I listed more than 25 SCs and I never had any message...?!?!

Attention Sellers:

Buyers have high expectations when purchasing brand name items on the site. To make sure sellers are able to meet these expectations, limits are sometimes placed on sellers' accounts.
    You've reached your limit for the type of item you're trying to list, and you won't be able list any more of these for 30 days. However, you may still list other types of items. These restrictions apply to all sellers, so please don't feel that we're singling you out.
    These restrictions will remain on your account until you’ve received 25 positive selling feedback and completed 90 days as an active seller in good standing.

9. HansderHund

HansderHund Distinguished Member

This is a limit for all new sellers. They limit accounts based on how much you can list each month either by €/£/$, number of items, and/or number of items per category. You can dig around this thread, a lot of people have been faced with this. It normally means a call to ebay to ask for limits to be increased. You can do it once per month, I believe, assuming you have a positive track record. On another note, I noticed that you use "new without tags" often on your listings. I'd be careful with this unless these are things that truly were purchased new, never used and then you're selling. I personally don't like the label if I receive something that isn't new. It only takes one person to leave negative feedback and impact your account/sales. Just a friendly tip.

10. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

I was given the NWOT advice too and I'm pretty sure it's saved me a bunch. In my hundreds of listings so far I've never used NWOT except for one item I bought from Marshalls (Brioni tie) to resell. I kept the tag and the receipt incase a case ever came up.

11. FlorianQC

Hmmm maybe I'll call them to see if I can increase my limit but it's true I'm a new seller.
    Thanks for the advice. I tend to list only items in perfect condition, and a lot of them really look NWOT (even if I wash them and iron them for photography purpose I still think that means they are NWOT).

However I'll go through my styff again just to check because it happened to me in the past to overlook the 'condition' box when I list the items and NWOT was already there.. Thanks!

12. HansderHund

HansderHund Distinguished Member

My pleasure. Like @hbkshin, I reserve the designation for true NWOT items, often from my own closet. Personally, if I remove tags and wash it, it's used. If pants are left unhemmed and untouched, they're new without tags. I'm big on transparency with buyers, I never want them to walk away from me thinking I was trying to hide something. A buying/selling relationship built on mistrust is one that won't go anywhere.

13. FlorianQC

I totally understand and I really ask myself the same question everytime I list an item or even when I thrift and I'm like ''holy shit is it new or what?''

But for example I don't agree on one thing : if I wash a NWOT item to remove the f'ing smell of thrift stores, I'm still cool with it being NWOT..

14. COtoKS

COtoKS Senior Member

If the item is washed it is most certainly not NWOT.

15. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

Agreed. NWOT should be reserved for things that truly are and you have knowledge of it being so. The seller can use "flawless", "looks unworn" etc. I'd be suspicious if someone had a lot of NWOT items in different sizes.