Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Pics look pretty good right out of the box. I think the tie came out best - maybe because it has the most color.
    The best way I learned about my Canon DSLR was using the manual. Not joking. I'd want to do something not covered in auto mode so I'd page thru the manual and try it out with manual in hand. Made the learning stick better when I did it that way.
    Time for a new point-n-shoot for me. My Canon has a speck of dust on the lens (inside) causing a halo/smudge on darker items. Annoying as hell, and the camera was not cheap.

I meant the little icon, and the page that says:

[​IMG]

...but I do see the icon etc is not as "fishy-looking" as it used to be. Think I'll change mine today - thanks!

What?! Why would eBay even allow that as an option for an auction?

Oops - sorry - I did not know that was you! I was browsing Ben Silver ties on my phone and the little preview pic looked like either a finger or someone's naughty self-pic.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Has anyone had success with reverse auction style listing? (i.e. shorter BIN listings with automatic relist and price drop)

3. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Yeah, the shirt in particular was hard to get good color representation on for those whole piece shots.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to the manual. [​IMG]

4. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

"ISW" seems to run a pretty extensive business. I've sent them a question regarding sizes before and they responded that they will be forwarding the question to their sizing department, and from there someone from that department got back to me quickly with professional language/tone. Their feedback also seems very positive. I remember them specifically since they include ISW in all their listing titles. Catchy and also an easy way to search for just their auctions.

5. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

A Canali Linen shirt for myself, this is how I received it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am cheap too, but this is hoarders/dumpster diving cheap. Come on, be a fucking professional and ship it how you want to receive it. I think I spend 14¢ per shirt shipment 9¢ for a poly bag, 2¢ for resealable bag and 3¢ worth of tissue paper (these are guesstimates). That is nothing when you compare it to getting a pissed off buyer whose new shirt smells like lipton vegetable soup (mine doesn't but psychologically I expected it to so I received a phantom whiff of it). In the end there was nothing wrong with the shirt, but I was embarrassed to receive it in the mail and will not order from this guy again.

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Thank goodness you hadn't ordered a leopard print banana hammock or something!

7. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Things like that I ensure to message the seller and ask for a brown paper bag around my item!

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

More amazing is that you have a cent symbol on your keyboard.

9. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

You hVe to give the guy credit for out of box packing

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

The Omega Symbol on the editor gives you the special character ability the ¢ is in there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Anyone having a down month

I sold 6500 in April and only 1500 in may ....

12. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

No Worries.

Quote: I am assuming its a DSLR. Take lens off, turn it upside down and use the air bulb blower. That should loosen the debris. You can also buy those sensor cleaning swabs. Plenty of Youtube tutorials if you are hesitant.

I just cleaned a Nikon D70 i picked up from thrift store and did this method. I think it looks pretty good.

13. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

Manual allows you to enjoy your camera to its full potential. Jump in its easy.

http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/ helped me a lot.

14. DanM

DanM Senior member

Yes. General traffic to my auctions seems down, despite getting a bit more aggressive on dropping my prices.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief