1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sparrow

sparrow Distinguished Member

Story by spoo ?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

saving that for the book.

3. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

Can't believe I still have this....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

I've won a few like this, sellers messaged me saying they will cancel and refund because it did not sell for as much as they wanted, in so many words. Sellers like this deserve all the negatives they garner - leave a negative and report to eBay via phone call. A record of doing this will get their seller account suspended or cancelled.
    Sorry to say you probably won't get the item; seller will likely initiate a transaction cancel, which you can ignore but if you do will automatically close in 7 days in the seller's favor.
    I've sold my fair share of $.99 or $9.99 items that I wish had sold for a lot more, but thems the breaks - I honor the sale and leave positive feedback through gritted teeth. [​IMG]

5. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior Member

Just received the following message in my inbox.

"It's not worth it to me to ship this jacket for $1.04...I am canceling the transaction and refunding your money. My apologies for the confusion."

=\

6. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

Pretty sure you can escalate the case. There's no reason for this guy to be auctioning things at a low bid if he doesn't plan on honoring it unless he gets a satisfied outcome. That's why reserve prices and the ability to have a higher starting bid are for.

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

Confusion? I would let the seller know that you are not confused; you won the auction and paid and are looking forward to receiving the item. No confusion on anyone's part!

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

It matters because the instep is very different.

In any event, I tend to be super picky about what I buy especially on here where I don't want to step on toes.

Realistically, I just bitch too much. Working on that...

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

And add him to the black list!!

10. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior Member

I'm not familiar with the black list, but I tattled on him to eBay and they are messaging him to resolve the issue. If he does not I will report him and leave a neg. I also messages him and said I wasn't confused. :slayer:

Thanks for the help, guys.

11. masaccio

masaccio Senior Member

This reply might be too late, but I've seen that referred to in other EBay listings as "Ralph Lauren Signature Label." And yes, it is generally referred to as a precursor to RLPL.

12. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

I typed the pants up as "good used condition - slight general wear"
    and got a case opened with "

"hi, it seems the pants were previously worn cuffed.. there is wear and discoloration, fray marks, and lines around the heels. some holes forming etc. ""

I'm just going to give him the partial refund - Should I clearly detail the wear next time I post up items?

I really want to avoid cases..

Thanks fellas

13. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

That's kinda a given. Normal wear means nothing. Everyone wears shit differently. I beat my stuff into the ground because they're cheap and replaceable. You should really try and give an accurate description, especially of any and all damages.

14. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

I agree. I'm a very small timer but only buy (and sell) things that are in very good condition. It's not worth it to me to sell worn stuff that will potentially get me in trouble. I'll occasionally sell things that have one minor flaw that is easily described. I'll then use a pencil to point to the flaw in my pictures and use objective words to describe the flaw (e.g., "pull in fabric, please see picture with pencil pointing to pull"); saying "pull" or "imperfection" and providing a picture is a good objective way of conveying condition. When you start using words like "minor pull" or "small imperfection" you start walking a very fine line. Point to the flaw and let the pictures do the talking. No misunderstanding there.