Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. DanM

DanM Senior member

Even dog ass smells wonderful in the life of a man who thrifted a Ferrari. [​IMG]

2. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Hey all. I've had no experience with PayPal returns so I'd like to ask about this.

Customer wants to return an item. Used Not as Described on PayPal saying "jacket is too short" (apparently he can't read measurements). I selected "refund when buyer returns item". It's been 4 days since and I just got an update. Here's what it looks like:

Quote: What happens next
    Once we confirm that the merchandise was delivered, we'll process a refund based on our protection policies.

Basically he put in no tracking information. Fairly sure he isn't planning on returning it as he hasn't responded to communications since. How can I protect myself in this case?

3. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

The burden should be on the Buyer to prove he returned the item. Even then you should be able to to note if the item was altered.

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

How can you tell if a zipper is repairable or not through pictures?

There's a jacket I'm interested in but the main zipper is missing the 'pull'. The zipper still works, but that part is missing. Fixable? $$$$?

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

@SpooPoker I LOL'd. Fantastic Picture. I wish my little girl was at the barbie doll age...right now its doodle on printer paper with a pencil if I'm lucky...I just have to be sure to catch her before she makes it to a wall...But again, we find a way to work around it, and make it happen! We are just grooming them to take over the business when they get older!

6. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Should be fixable for fairly cheap. You may be able to do it yourself. I've taken a zipper pull off of torn jacket and used it as a replacement.

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

8. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

9. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

USPS didn't scan the package I dropped off, and now I'm worried it's going to disappear. I hate my local post office.

10. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I work next to this every morning

[​IMG]

11. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Which one are you?

12. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

The invisible guy on the computer working to provide for these spoiled bitches.

And I love it.

Last edited: May 15, 2014

13. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Originally Posted by jebarne [​IMG]

great!

the three people I escalated to refused to do it and claimed it cannot be removed.

you're giving me hope.

Called back, bing bang boom escalated and removed, no defect, cannot leave me negative feedback, case closed.

NB: the folks that ask for the eBay customer service # to get an "American rep": not sure why, but I always get an American-sounding person, when I use the "contact us" link and the PIN. I would not be surprised if eBay reserved certain reps for people with stores, or top-rated, or sell a certain $ amount (or combination thereof), but I cannot remember the last time I spoke to anyone that sounded off-shore...

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Bought a gorgeous pair of cole haan made in italy suede captoes last week. The suede is amazing and they're the nicest suede shoes I've ever handled, even better than benchmade in italy PRL.

Sadly, they're marked as Factory Defects. The seller didn't advertise this...so I'm sending them back. Oh well.

15. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

To sum up, I was selling a Visvim jacket a got an offer from guy for a relatively good price. The guy says he's American temporarily based in South Korea. No feedback, told me he has another account with 14 feedbacks that was restricted because he didn't pay for some items. I have been trying to tell him that buying Visvim stuff when you're in Asia doesn't make sense but he won't let it go and absolutely wants to purchase this jacket. Anything I can do? Needless to say I have doubts about him.