Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

Some (maybe all?) Zegna Softs are also fused.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Oh, my bad... I didn't scroll past all of the description.

The label looks fine to me based on others that I've seen.

What others have said is absolutely correct. Plenty of stuff is fused. This guy got a coat off you super cheap and either doesn't know how to tell whether it's real or not, or is trying to scam you into a free coat. Fight for all you're worth, or take the return. It's your pick. If he's willing to return it, he's probably not scamming you...

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Looks genuine to me, but, I think the buyer is just giving you a heads-up that they will be returning it and they're being nice enough to not jump right to opening a SNAD case. There's not much (if anything) you can do about it...even without a return policy, you still take returns - every seller does. The buyer can open a SNAD case as counterfeit / replica and that's that, whether merited or not. I had a SNAD return on a genuine item before, took it back, refunded, resold for more later. You as the seller are probably right, and the buyer is probably wrong, but selling on eBay means sometimes taking returns. I would rather take a return done this way vs. a case being opened.

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Only other thing I'd say on this is that the MAKER LABEL is not clear at all. In the future, you should try to get clear pictures of the maker labels. Would save you in a case like this.

5. SchoolyardBully

SchoolyardBully Senior member

Thanks for the insight guys, I'm going to issue the refund but at the same time tell him that the sportscoat is genuine. No point escalating a $30 sales and ruin someone's impression over this. The maker label was cut off, so i couldn't get a good picture of it if i tried =/.

6. TheNeedMachine

This is driving me insane...the eBay mobile app very frequently loses and/or fails to display images in my listings. Sometimes it will show all of them, sometimes 1 or 2 will be missing...sometimes it's the preview image, which shows up fine when you click the item...sometimes all the images are there and an hour or two later 1 or 2 of them will go bad/disappear.
    So I sit here at my computer and delete them all, re-upload, check on my mobile until fine...and later 1 or 2 will go missing again.
    By "bad" or "missing", I mean you get that gray generic bad photo icon instead of the actual picture.
    All the pictures upload fine and display fine on my computer, but fail to display on mobile - or more maddening - display fine then "go bad" later.
    I do my listings and image uploads from my computer, not mobile. I do all my images the same way / same camera & software, same resolution, same file size more or less, etc.
    Does this happen to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong? (I don't think I am, as sometimes all the images will show up and stay there when viewed via mobile, though that's the exception.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Mine constantly get grayed out, as in only half the picture is showing. It happens on other peoples listings too, so I am not overly worried about it.

Any of yours doing it now? If so send a link and I will check from my phone to see if it's doing it on my end too.

Last edited: May 14, 2014

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Not disagreeing with you, it definitely works for some, and others just plain make it work. When I wrote my post yesterday and hit submit, I noticed you had posted while I was posting mine. So, my comment was in no way targeted towards yours. 6 months+ is where it starts to get really interesting with the crawling and walking, from there it's holy terror time!

9. TheNeedMachine

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one.
    I don't think any of my active listings are doing at at the moment, but I'm loathe to check as I'll just obsess and get even more irked...it's been happening a lot with items I am scheduling to start tomorrow night, tho - nearly every listing has at least 1 pic gone awry on the mobile app but looks fine on a browser. I'm not going to worry about it any longer...it is what it is - eBay's problem and I can't do anything about it.

Merci.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

OK, ready?

LuxeSwap as you know it :
    [​IMG]

LuxeSwap behind the scenes :
    [​IMG]

TRUE STORY

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Best. Post. Ever.

12. TheNeedMachine

Condition: 8/10 (smells like dog ass).

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It ended at $9.99.

14. DanM

DanM Senior member

[​IMG]

15. SpooPoker

My dogs ass smells wonderful. No joke.