Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I prefer to think I'm talking to the REIers, EMSers, LLBeaners and EMSers of the world... [​IMG]

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Looks like my surprisingly long streak of 100% received payment on auctions will be coming to an end...one clown said "sorry, I didn't realize I was in the UK, I need to cancel this order", presumably meaning he didn't realize he was in the UK but I was in the US, and he didn't want to pay the shipping...two others no pay yet, maybe the eBay unpaid item nudge will loosen some purse strings. Checking - guess it wasn't that long of a streak - Nov 2013 was the last unpaid I had.

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That's why I talk to all of em. Gamblers get the first go 'round, then the Kohl-ers get the leftovers.

Last edited: May 7, 2014

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Weird, this past week was the first time in probably 6 months that everyone actually paid.

Maybe he was kidnapped and never realized he had left the states.

5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Your volume is like 10x mine tho - I'm lucky if I get 20 or 25 auctions together one week and not everything gets a bid. You list and sell a ton more than I do. Must be nice to be young and full of that vim and vigor.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Everyone paid me last week too. That quite the rarity. This week is looking less promising. I have two holdouts, one with zero feedback from India.

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Well, I don't feel that young most of the time. Just walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes, while listening to an audiobook and am contemplating taking a nap.

Last edited: May 7, 2014

8. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

So I want to try and sell my shoes on ebay but I'm not sure how to list the item in order to protect myself in case someone tries to make a return. If I tried it on for fit is that technically used or can I still list it as brand new? The soles are new and it's unworn but technically they've been on my feet for a few seconds. I really just don't want to deal with the hassle of a return and am planning to list it with No Returns / Final Sale.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

If you go to the store and buy a NEW pair of shoes, there is a good chance someone tried them on before you. I would still consider them new. Unless they show wear, or your feet stink very bad, they would still be considered new.

10. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

11. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

Bought a white shirt that were listed as "like new." When it arrived, it had a bunch of stains on the collar and sleeve. Opened a case asking for a refund since seller didn't offer returns. Was expecting some sort of communication to try to work things out, buy instead, got a full refund and looks like I don't have to return the item. So now it's time to see if I can wash this thing and remove the stains! Also, eBay removed some feedback I had mentioned earlier without me having to request that it be removed! Good day, also sold an item at asking price that I had listed as a BIN with best offer. Live it when that happens! I find that sometimes, probably around 10% if the time, people either don't care or are too lazy to negotiate, so they just but it now!

12. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I've got a listing question. I've got a BB tan poplin suit ready to go up tonight. I'm guessing 1980's.

No holes, stains, frays, or any typical signs of wear, yet to me it looks a bit tired.

How do you describe that? I'm thinking Very good condition with general signs of wear......But wanted to see how you guys deal with it.

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

General signs of wear sounds good. I have a BB tie like that, silk is in perfect condition but the tie just looks limp... I am going to steal that.

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

What are my responsibilities here.

I bid on a Hugo Boss Linen jacket for my son, it is very cheap but he loved the color and cut. I was looking at it again and noticed that it was a J. Crew thin cord picture when I zoomed in. So now what are my responsibilities? Do I say nothing and just take the item than open a SNAD and get all my money back [​IMG] (i kid, i kid) [​IMG]

15. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Did you win already? If not, maybe post a link to the auction and hope someone outbids you. If not, if your son loved the color and cut, I'd say just keep it and leave no feedback.