1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

I ship the same but wrap in bubble wrap vs paper. No compliments but no complaints either.

2. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

You will receive free insertion fees on the first 150 listings per month (auction or BIN)
    You will be charged 25 cents insertion fee per auction (20 cents per fixed price) listing above the 150, It is 30 cents per listing for no store sellers.
    You get a customizable storefront page with up to 300 store categories (then you can get a domain to point buyers directly to your page.)
    You get the selling manager, and markdown manager.
    You get to pay lower FVFs than a seller without a store.
    You will be able to put your store in vacation mode.

Here is the link to see how your fees will play out in comparison.

3. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

Something to keep in mind is the current 50 free comes with more free things. I think the 10 days or the scheduled listing part is free. The only thing free with an eBay store is the listing and picture pack.

4. capnwes

Right, and they are not really that free either, since you are paying for the subscription anyway. Filling in your numbers as accurately as possible into the fee illustrator is the only way to know which is best. Of course keeping in mind the tools that come with the subscription as well.

Last edited: May 6, 2014

5. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior Member

Thanks for your thoughts on these! I first of all thought it must be a joke as I've never known there could be a fault like this - buyer seems to find it unbelievable that I didn't know they squeaked. I have 100% feedback power seller etc I wouldn't knowingly sell something with a fault, undisclosed. How could a brand new perfect pair of handgrade CJ shoes have a fault causing a squeak?! Thinking i might be best to offer a fullreturn and refund to avoid any problem, still waiting for the recording to be sent through! Can't wait ;(

6. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior Member

Squeaking b/c of the heel or from his sock RUBBING against the leather?? This typically occurs (from what I've seen) if the shoe is slightly too big.

7. capnwes

Problem is, they will no longer be NWOB if he wore them outside, and technically a return in condition other than the condition they were sent is not usually permitted.

8. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

But if there's a defect, whether he knew about it or not, Ebay will force the return.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not if they are not in the same condition as received.

10. Fueco

Maybe I'm jaded by lack of Ebay reps giving a f--k when I deal with them. It might be a 50-50 chance for someone with less than 1000 feedback.

11. Fueco

I'm pretty sure that not SNAD trumps not in same condition. But what do I know?

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If the buyer altered the condition of the shoes - i.e. wore them outside, they are not eligible for seller protection. Someone lost a SNAD (which he would have anyhow) for the sole reason that he said that "he even polished the shoes so when you sell them again you can get more money".

13. Fueco

I see what you're saying. But why doesn't Ebay follow their policies consistently?

14. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

Quick pricing question: I'm becoming a big BIN guy, but business is slightly slower since I tend to shoot a bit higher in hopes of an offer.

Do you guys usually set the BIN prices above and beyond what you want- or what your minimum would be - or just do auctions?

Heres my ebay for now - its a bit amateur atm, but I plan to clean it up a bit when I buy a store.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/jdrizzy01/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Please feel free to critique on anything (prices especially) - I'm trying to make the most out of running a store, and would appreciate the wisdom of experience!