1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. wilay05

wilay05 Senior Member

Guy bought a pair of sneakers...never paid and just backed out right now. Left me a neutral feedback...can I fight this?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

did you open an unpaid item case?

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

Yes, I think it can affect your ebay stats if you have 1 day handling and don't meet it.

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

You technically only have to meet that 1-day handling time 90% of the time or better. You fall below top-rated standards if it drops below 90%, after which you have 2 evaluation cycles to get it back to minimum standards. I don't think I've ever missed the 1-day window, but it's nice in case something comes up. Worst case I always buy the label, which uploads the tracking # and eBay considers it shipped, even if I can't get it out until the next business day.

5. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

Crap, just had my first case opened on my because I measured the sleeves wrong. Should I start measuring all my shirts from the neck down the shoulders to the sleeve, or just sleeves?

6. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

I use this guide and I put a link to it in my listing so they know exactly where my measurements are taking.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Did you ask him to measure it the way you did?

8. jdrizzy

Just realized I got super lazy on the listing, and ended up just guessing the sleeve length, my mistake! I figured it was a 35 (not sure why).

Oh well, I gave him a full refund when I recieve the items. Hopefully he doesn't give me a negative feedback

9. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

I measure like Dhoeluv's link suggests, however I also convert that to traditional shirt sizing, usually in the title and description by halving thr shoulder measurement and adding it to the sleeve from shoulder meadurement. So, 16 in neck with a 19 inch shoulder and a 25 inch sleeve becomes a 16/34

10. DanM

DanM Distinguished Member

Damn thats genius. I think I'm going to put together my own measuring guides for each category of item I list, then include links in all of my auctions.

11. jdrizzy

I actually measure the same. To be honest, not sure why I made such a rookie move to just say (35 sleeve, 16.5 -42)

And that was pretty much the whole description. Hope that doesn't fuck me over in the end.

Last edited: May 5, 2014

12. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

I've got this little template picture I include in every listing that illustrates how I measure items so buyers can compare an item that fits them well with the measurements of my item. Used to be pretty janky till jebarne came around and, out of the goodness of his dumb ole heart (guess the movie reference?), made one for me that not only looks much more professional, but also mathes the "leather" template I use in Garage Sale. What a guy, right? Anyway, this is just to say that anyone who wants to click through to my eBay store in my sig and steal it from one of my listings for their own use is more than welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned..

13. DanM

DanM Distinguished Member

THEFTED IT

(also, thanks)

14. richnet12

richnet12 Distinguished Member

Thanks for the measurements template!

15. wilay05

wilay05 Senior Member

just opened up one today...i had only been a few days since the end of the auction