• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wilay05

Reaction score
Guy bought a pair of sneakers...never paid and just backed out right now. Left me a neutral feedback...can I fight this?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Guy bought a pair of sneakers...never paid and just backed out right now. Left me a neutral feedback...can I fight this?

did you open an unpaid item case?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit was free shipping- other shirt was not- I sent an invoice for combined shipping but no response.

Since the suit was free shipping I should ship now shouldn't I
Yes, I think it can affect your ebay stats if you have 1 day handling and don't meet it.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think it can affect your ebay stats if you have 1 day handling and don't meet it.

You technically only have to meet that 1-day handling time 90% of the time or better. You fall below top-rated standards if it drops below 90%, after which you have 2 evaluation cycles to get it back to minimum standards. I don't think I've ever missed the 1-day window, but it's nice in case something comes up. Worst case I always buy the label, which uploads the tracking # and eBay considers it shipped, even if I can't get it out until the next business day.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap, just had my first case opened on my because I measured the sleeves wrong. Should I start measuring all my shirts from the neck down the shoulders to the sleeve, or just sleeves?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap, just had my first case opened on my because I measured the sleeves wrong. Should I start measuring all my shirts from the neck down the shoulders to the sleeve, or just sleeves?
I use this guide and I put a link to it in my listing so they know exactly where my measurements are taking.

eBay guide.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Did you ask him to measure it the way you did?

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you ask him to measure it the way you did?
Just realized I got super lazy on the listing, and ended up just guessing the sleeve length, my mistake! I figured it was a 35 (not sure why).

Oh well, I gave him a full refund when I recieve the items. Hopefully he doesn't give me a negative feedback

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just realized I got super lazy on the listing, and ended up just guessing the sleeve length, my mistake! I figured it was a 35 (not sure why).

Oh well, I gave him a full refund when I recieve the items. Hopefully he doesn't give me a negative feedback
I measure like Dhoeluv's link suggests, however I also convert that to traditional shirt sizing, usually in the title and description by halving thr shoulder measurement and adding it to the sleeve from shoulder meadurement. So, 16 in neck with a 19 inch shoulder and a 25 inch sleeve becomes a 16/34

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use this guide and I put a link to it in my listing so they know exactly where my measurements are taking.
Damn thats genius. I think I'm going to put together my own measuring guides for each category of item I list, then include links in all of my auctions.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I measure like Dhoeluv's link suggests, however I also convert that to traditional shirt sizing, usually in the title and description by halving thr shoulder measurement and adding it to the sleeve from shoulder meadurement. So, 16 in neck with a 19 inch shoulder and a 25 inch sleeve becomes a 16/34
I actually measure the same. To be honest, not sure why I made such a rookie move to just say (35 sleeve, 16.5 -42)

And that was pretty much the whole description. Hope that doesn't **** me over in the end.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn thats genius.  I think I'm going to put together my own measuring guides for each category of item I list, then include links in all of my auctions.
I've got this little template picture I include in every listing that illustrates how I measure items so buyers can compare an item that fits them well with the measurements of my item. Used to be pretty janky till jebarne came around and, out of the goodness of his dumb ole heart (guess the movie reference?), made one for me that not only looks much more professional, but also mathes the "leather" template I use in Garage Sale. What a guy, right? Anyway, this is just to say that anyone who wants to click through to my eBay store in my sig and steal it from one of my listings for their own use is more than welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned..

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got this little template picture I include in every listing that illustrates how I measure items so buyers can compare an item that fits them well with the measurements of my item. Used to be pretty janky till jebarne came around and, out of the goodness of his dumb ole heart (guess the movie reference?), made one for me that not only looks much more professional, but also mathes the "leather" template I use in Garage Sale. What a guy, right? Anyway, this is just to say that anyone who wants to click through to my eBay store in my sig and steal it from one of my listings for their own use is more than welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned..
THEFTED IT

(also, thanks)

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the measurements template!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads