Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

When I saw that it seemed like an easy way for a return to be managed. I also thought "who sells on sears?"

2. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Based on my few returns, I'm not convinced that people read my listings anyway. Particularly those who use mobile devices. They look at the photo gallery and the details and that's it.

On almost every item I get a size question. And on that item there is a table of measurements, measurement guide, and an "about sizes" section to talk about measurements.

"Just a note on sizes.
    The tag on this suit says its a 42R, but it isn’t even close to that. It measures like a 40R. On top of that it has an 8 inch drop which makes it an athletic cut. You’ve got to go by the measurements. The actual measurement of the chest is 42" and that actual measurement maps to a size 40 jacket. The pants measure 32.5”. The pants have maybe 1.5" to be let out. I encourage you to measure a suit that fits you the way you want and then compare the measurements to the ones in the table below."

My last question on this suit was "is there room to let out the pants"

3. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I am Sooo terrible at determining colors. This is a cotton brioni suit (possibly some silk?) but what color is this?
    Tan? Light light green? A mixture of both?

Help please! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I have one, but it's somewhat slow. Like 30 minutes to upload a full 8gb card. But it does work. I normally rotate two regular cards between my camera and in my laptop so I can shoot while one is uploading.

Plus, I couldn't figure how to make it quit launching canons photo software which I hate. I have my iPhoto library on a separate 2 tb drive and the canon software was putting them on my main hd. Fixable, but 6 months later I haven't taken the time to figure it out.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  5. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

That color is called could be called Stone, Linen, Almond, or Beige .

6. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I Fucked up. I listed a 8MM projector using the wrong template and some dude in Norway bought it in less than 10 hours. This template was for a smaller item that would fit in a flat rate box. I had charged $45 international shipping to Europe and Australia... I am so screwed, shipping will be $76.50. So instead of a $30 profit I stand to break even or lose a few bucks.

Purchase price $6.50

Sale price $49.99 + $45 shipping = $94.99

- $9.50 ebay fee
    - $4 paypal fee

= $81.49
    -$76.50 USPS shipping on 18lb 16x12x12 package

= $4.99

- $6.50 purchase price
    - $0.80 for custom box

== -$2.31

Welcome to the joys of eBay selling, can I cancel this transaction since I made a mistake and didn't mean to allow international shipments?

7. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I'd suck it up and honor the auction details without a mention to the buyer. It stinks to lose $30 but in the grand scheme of your business it's only $30.

8. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Thank you!
    Is it weird that it looks to have a slight greenish color to it? Am I the only one seeing that?

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

+1 on just take the loss and ship it. You can cancel it but just be prepaired for feedback reflecting you not honoring a sale (contract) on ebay.

If it was something like a $1,000 item you listed for $10 by accident that would be a different situation.

10. Brianpore

There is a new "report a buyer" link....which takes all of 10 seconds to fill out. Was told by ebay this is suppose to help them review buyers who have ongoing issues as sellers can not leave neutral/negative feedback. If you dont use the link though, ebay will never find out....just FYI

11. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Could you post the link, or is it personal to each of us/buyer?

12. Brianpore

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I'm so upset. Every listing from this past week had the last photo not load at all...and this is now the 3rd week in a row this is happening sporadically.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Did you write GS directly?

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Or, until theres a fix, you can make the last picture when you create your listings just a black color block….