• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any GarageSale users have issues with images not correctly uploading to eBay.  I have so many auctions where 1 picture did not make it into the listing or eBay viewer...and usually its an important picture like a maker tag or brand.  

I am getting viewers messaging me asking if I am actually going to prove the maker by showing the tag or not!  Its frustrating to not know if images have fully uploaded unless I got through each listing separately.

So, anyone have this issue?

I had this happen once when I was uploading from a remote location (St. Maarten) and the wifi sucked and the uploads didn't all pass through. Was your connection bad when uploading? The only other time this happened to me was when it was a known ebay error that the gallery image didn't make it, so they had to can the auctions and re launch once the bug was de bugged.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am having a power weekend listing 100 or so items while the wife and kids are away. Does anyone here use the Eyefi? If I have to grab 1 extra picture and transfer the ******* files than later try to take a picture with the SD card still in my laptop again I will scream. I think I have inserted and pulled that ******* SD card 50 times today. It would totally be worth the $80 for a decent Wifi SD card. Does anyone recommend them?

P.S. I have a headache cause I was to lazy to go get some decent beer and have been drinking my wife's Mikes Hard Cranberry Lemonade. A lot of them

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For this reason, my first photo of an item is with the store tag and a receipt. Wes recently told me he thought a pair of jeans were fake so I photo'd the saks store receipt and the markdown price tag for the record in case it is ever challenged. Also, the major stores can often print replacement receipts if you have the cc you used when you bought it.

Real, but no fighting it...I had someone claim counterfeit on a NWT Jack Spade bag I bought at Marshalls - I had the receipt - didn't matter since there way way to attribute the receipt to a specific item, because I had removed and tossed the Marshalls store tag.  
Sorry you're getting it returned, but as you said, hopefully just refund and relist with no hassles.  

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't recall receiving one of these before from Linda. Her response to the new defect rules?

When I saw that it seemed like an easy way for a return to be managed. I also thought "who sells on sears?"

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you guys are after "proof of authenticity"?

My concern with putting that in every listing is that it might sew seeds of doubt where there maybe would have been none otherwise. ("Oh, people fake these things? Guess I'll steer clear.")

Based on my few returns, I'm not convinced that people read my listings anyway. Particularly those who use mobile devices. They look at the photo gallery and the details and that's it.

On almost every item I get a size question. And on that item there is a table of measurements, measurement guide, and an "about sizes" section to talk about measurements.

"Just a note on sizes.
The tag on this suit says its a 42R, but it isn’t even close to that. It measures like a 40R. On top of that it has an 8 inch drop which makes it an athletic cut. You’ve got to go by the measurements. The actual measurement of the chest is 42" and that actual measurement maps to a size 40 jacket. The pants measure 32.5”. The pants have maybe 1.5" to be let out. I encourage you to measure a suit that fits you the way you want and then compare the measurements to the ones in the table below."

My last question on this suit was "is there room to let out the pants"

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am Sooo terrible at determining colors. This is a cotton brioni suit (possibly some silk?) but what color is this?
Tan? Light light green? A mixture of both?

Help please!

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am having a power weekend listing 100 or so items while the wife and kids are away. Does anyone here use the Eyefi? If I have to grab 1 extra picture and transfer the ******* files than later try to take a picture with the SD card still in my laptop again I will scream. I think I have inserted and pulled that ******* SD card 50 times today. It would totally be worth the $80 for a decent Wifi SD card. Does anyone recommend them?

P.S. I have a headache cause I was to lazy to go get some decent beer and have been drinking my wife's Mikes Hard Cranberry Lemonade. A lot of them

I have one, but it's somewhat slow. Like 30 minutes to upload a full 8gb card. But it does work. I normally rotate two regular cards between my camera and in my laptop so I can shoot while one is uploading.

Plus, I couldn't figure how to make it quit launching canons photo software which I hate. I have my iPhoto library on a separate 2 tb drive and the canon software was putting them on my main hd. Fixable, but 6 months later I haven't taken the time to figure it out.

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am Sooo terrible at determining colors. This is a cotton brioni suit (possibly some silk?) but what color is this?
Tan? Light light green? A mixture of both?

Help please!
That color is called could be called Stone, Linen, Almond, or Beige .

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******** up. I listed a 8MM projector using the wrong template and some dude in Norway bought it in less than 10 hours. This template was for a smaller item that would fit in a flat rate box. I had charged $45 international shipping to Europe and Australia... I am so screwed, shipping will be $76.50. So instead of a $30 profit I stand to break even or lose a few bucks.

Purchase price $6.50

Sale price $49.99 + $45 shipping = $94.99

- $9.50 ebay fee
- $4 paypal fee

= $81.49
-$76.50 USPS shipping on 18lb 16x12x12 package

= $4.99

- $6.50 purchase price
- $0.80 for custom box

== -$2.31

Welcome to the joys of eBay selling, can I cancel this transaction since I made a mistake and didn't mean to allow international shipments?

Last edited:

cdgreg

Reaction score
I'd suck it up and honor the auction details without a mention to the buyer. It stinks to lose $30 but in the grand scheme of your business it's only $30.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That color is called could be called Stone, Linen, Almond, or Beige . 

Thank you!
Is it weird that it looks to have a slight greenish color to it? Am I the only one seeing that?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
******** up. I listed a 8MM projector using the wrong template and some dude in Norway bought it in less than 10 hours. This template was for a smaller item that would fit in a flat rate box. I had charged $45 international shipping to Europe and Australia... I am so screwed, shipping will be $76.50. So instead of a $30 profit I stand to break even or lose a few bucks.

Purchase price $6.50

Sale price $49.99 + $45 shipping = $94.99

- $9.50 ebay fee
- $4 paypal fee

= $81.49
-$76.50 USPS shipping on 18lb 16x12x12 package

= $4.99

- $6.50 purchase price
- $0.80 for custom box

== -$2.31

Welcome to the joys of eBay selling, can I cancel this transaction since I made a mistake and didn't mean to allow international shipments?
+1 on just take the loss and ship it. You can cancel it but just be prepaired for feedback reflecting you not honoring a sale (contract) on ebay.

If it was something like a $1,000 item you listed for $10 by accident that would be a different situation.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
There is a new "report a buyer" link....which takes all of 10 seconds to fill out. Was told by ebay this is suppose to help them review buyers who have ongoing issues as sellers can not leave neutral/negative feedback. If you dont use the link though, ebay will never find out....just FYI

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a new "report a buyer" link....which takes all of 10 seconds to fill out. Was told by ebay this is suppose to help them review buyers who have ongoing issues as sellers can not leave neutral/negative feedback. If you dont use the link though, ebay will never find out....just FYI
Could you post the link, or is it personal to each of us/buyer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads