1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Senior Member

So this is a new one for me, dude bought a sweater from me last week, and I just looked at his profile and he's relisted the item. Which I wouldn't care about, but he's used my pictures and word for word the same text/description stuff. Is there anything I can get ebay to do about this?

2. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior Member

3. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

No. And you shouldn't. Some will see it as you pestering them and they may give you negative feedback.

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

I bought the one I have listed right now based on how well yours were doing, and ONLY because it's a pretty amazing tie IRL. Still pass on 10 of those a day, this one was special, thought I'd take a chance.

Yup, search the thread here, the guys should have found the cheapest deal on ebay, or do your own research, there's always market inefficiency, someone will be selling for less.

Thanks, I will add that (amended) blurb to my listings

Congrats! It's a great brand, and a great time to be selling those colors.
    Most I have right now is also on a very timely Ferragamo tie - 26 watchers
    Followed very closely by a timeless Charvet tie - 21 watchers
    Dunno, think you just saved yourself a return. I had a woman contact me about a return for some DJP shoes, but it was past the time frame, so I had to say no, but offered that she could use my listing and pictures. She didn't, posted some horrible phone pics and sold the shoes for about 1/3 of what she paid for them.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

FTFM

6. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

My interpretation of Spoo's point is that 1) if you've only got 10 people who haven't left you positive feedback you are doing pretty fucking good. And 2) I'd say my feedback rate is at absolute best 65% and usually closer to 55. You are fighting a losing battle. Put your energy toward listing more.

7. DanM

DanM Distinguished Member

I don't recall receiving one of these before from Linda. Her response to the new defect rules?

[​IMG]

8. ChetB

ChetB Distinguished Member

I think you guys are after "proof of authenticity"?

My concern with putting that in every listing is that it might sew seeds of doubt where there maybe would have been none otherwise. ("Oh, people fake these things? Guess I'll steer clear.")

Last edited: May 3, 2014

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Exactly.

10. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Senior Member

Yea, I realized that might be the case like an hour after posting that.

11. DanM

DanM Distinguished Member

How much did he relist it for? Same or more?

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

That is in fact a reportable infraction, but ebay likely won't do anything about it since your original listing has ended. They would if you still had it listed and someone else listed the same thing and swiped your pics and/or text.

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

Any GarageSale users have issues with images not correctly uploading to eBay. I have so many auctions where 1 picture did not make it into the listing or eBay viewer...and usually its an important picture like a maker tag or brand.

I am getting viewers messaging me asking if I am actually going to prove the maker by showing the tag or not! Its frustrating to not know if images have fully uploaded unless I got through each listing separately.

So, anyone have this issue?

14. R01gt

R01gt Well-Known Member

Is Top Rated Plus a must-do? I'm especially curious about the impact it has on best match sorting. I'm not too worried about offering returns but the 1 day turnaround vs 2 may be a PITA. Anyone switch and notice a big impact?

15. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

Well, it's a nice thing to strive for...and has some benefits. The 1 business day shipping isn't as hard as it seems - I ship most things Priority flat-rate and know what can ship in what sort of package, so if something sells I'll print the label and schedule USPS to pick it up; the tracking # gets uploaded to eBay automatically and it shows as being shipped even though it's usually the next day...in the interim I'll pull the item and pack it up before USPS gets here. On the rare occasion it's a pair of shoes or something I'm not sure of on shipping cost, I have that "one business day" to weigh, pack & schedule or ship from the local USPS. You're given some leeway by eBay - you don't have to ship 100% of items in 1 business day - but I forget what the acceptable rate is.