1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I have closed auctions early when they relisted and my family was going on vacation. I had 4 items with bids when I closed 2 days early, 3 paid before we left but the last I had to pack up and bring it with me then ship it from Florida.

2. tben

tben Senior member

OK, cool. So relatively normal and not so much alarming. I just had no idea that could be done.

3. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

It could be in response to a family emergency. It is easier to end the auction and offer an attractive concession (like free shipping) than to constantly worry about ongoing listings.

4. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I don't know how else to highlight the weave. If any one else has any tips on that, let me know and I'll get that done.

Anyways, green stripes. Grenadine?

Thanks guys

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I vote no. - but I'm still not a pro @ gren. The few I've handled have been slightly different. Looks like different weaved pattern.

is that isaia?

1 person likes this.
  6. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

I need to figure out how to magnify the pictures in high resolution. The weave looks pretty similar to my navy garza fina that I bought from Wes, but not exactly the same. But I really don't know

And yes, Isaia. Bought in Spain for mega discount.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  7. concealed

concealed Senior member

not grenadine, nice isaia

2 people like this.
  8. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Agree.

9. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Where do the larger Ebay stores get all the brand new high-end stuff from?
    I see some stores that stock up on huge loads of Kiton, Belvest, Isaia, etc.
    Granted, some of the stuff seems to have very strange patterns and colors, so it could come from liquidation sales, or steep sales. But some of the stores get in that stuff on a fairly regular basis, year round.

Especially Belvest seems to fall under that category on Ebay. 2-3 sellers that are selling 95% of Belvest items on Ebay, and there's almost never a staple item to be seen.

Directly from the factory/makers?

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

People source from everywhere. Factory, sample sales, liquidations, stolen from back of truck, consignment, stolen from back of truck, store buyouts, stolen from back of truck.

4 people like this.
  11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Ive been so fried typing listings I get silly too. But Andy is a great guy and has probably sold and bought over 10,000 Hermes ties lifetime, probably much more. Stand up dude.

SUPER LEGIT!

Left :
    Vintage 1992 Gianni Versace Black Label Couture Harlequin Barocco Silk Tie

Right:
    ICONIC Vintage 1994 Gianni Versace Scarf Print Gold Barocco Silk Tie

4 people like this.
  12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Yea no doubt! I know he's had an amazing eBay run, and always did his Hermes thing. I wonder where he's going, or what he's gonna be doing now...

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

14. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

:worship: :cheers:

15. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I do know that Frieschkys buys out stores and whatnot that are going under. Dude bought a couple things from me, then offered me a job listing stuff on their behalf, if I moved to Milwaukee....we traded a few messages and I found a few articles about them online. I didn't take the job (didn't want to move to Milwaukee, but I did post here about anyone living in or around MLW wanting to make some extra $ who had eBay skills - no takers). Dude and his partners clear an easy million a year, and said he was overwhelmed - couldn't list everything he had on hand.

16. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

17. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Here's a question for you guys that buy and sell lots internationally:

About 5 weeks ago I sold a suit to a fellow SF'er worth 400$, and I made the blunder of the year by shipping the box as a letter, not tracked. By doing that, I of course didn't send any pro forma/sales invoice with it, but wrote that it contained one suit worth 400$ on a smaller customs sticker.

Two weeks later said SF'er opened up a paypal claim against me, and won it one week after that. That is understandable, as the only thing I had was pictures of the package, but no tracking number.

The member seems legit, and has lots of trading feedback, so I don't think he's scamming me. I'm 99% sure that it's with US Customs, since it obviously contained a valuable item, but no sales invoice.
    By my estimation, it must have arrived the US 3-4 weeks ago.

Could of course also have been lost, but who knows. I've shipped hundreds of packages to the US, as letters and tracked shipments, but have never experienced anything get lost.

What's the longest time US customs have held your incoming shipments?

18. SpooPoker

starting to know that feel

3 people like this.
  19. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Been had that feel.....

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

2 months for a pair of Zonkey Boot, USPS could not find it during that time but also didn't confirm lost. Only time I've ever had to pay customs on an USPS package

Also sold a item via grailed to a hotel, USPS says undeliverable as addressed, anything I can do in terms of holding package? Previous times it was due to being on wrong truck but it seems buyer will only be in town this weekend