1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior Member

Wife and I went to the mall last weekend and parked outside a Macy's entrance. As we were walking through the Men's department to reach the mall itself I stopped and checked a price tag on a RL Short Sleeve Polo and about lost my lunch. What the hell $85+, I can't even begin to imagine paying that.

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

I know I am going to get screwed here, just got an email from a buyer of a coin set.

3. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior Member

So from my experience, this is going to go to eBay to be reviewed more than likely. Since your post was comprehensive it seems (I didn't look at the entire listing) but you did specify the final sale, and returns are not offered this may go to buyers remorse is my guess. "No returns" from what I learned don't mean much on eBay. They are just combinations of letters and words that don't hold much value to be honest.

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

can't even shop discount, except for occasionally the outlets, and only if I can figure out how to resell enough items to pay for the ones I'm keeping. No joke.

Man I hope not, I will lose what little faith I have in ebay. Stupid should be punished, there's no way they should be able to return that.

Thrift brag or did I price too low? I'm happy, yet it sold so freaking quick.

5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

Nice sale!! I can't speak to pricing but I hope you'll spring for a RRA box. :)

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

You did great with that sale. [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It would be so awesome to work 40 hours a week. Maybe when I retire.

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

You're young, smart, with a full cart. I think many of us would still go thrifting / antiquing / attending live auctions / etc even if we won Powerball and could retire worry-free many lifetimes over. Thrill of the chase. Hell, I know I would - give ol' Barry Weiss a run for his money.

9. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

So this guy opened a case, I am not sure of what to do. Should I ignore it and wait for him to escalate or respond with this:

Quote:

10. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior Member

If you respond, make sure NOT to seem snarky at all. I would respond and be very clear and concise with reason as to why you are not accepting a return. He already opened a case, ensure to be cordial, clear and consistent regarding the situation. Then I suggest requesting that eBay review the case to help settle the dispute as you have provided numerous clear examples as to why this is a case of buyers remorse. There are many examples of evidence showing that you have stated the type/condition and specifics of the item.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I want Barry's bubble car and the 46 Cadillac.

12. Lirum

Lirum Senior Member

Even with the new defect policy, I still don't think it's worth fighting returns. I seem to get a return every 17-20 items, and so far, the customer relationship has remained healthy. Every now and then I'll get a positive feedback with reason being that I was easy to work with. I work with an auction model though, so lower sale prices/more volume which might make it different for a BIN model.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

13. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

NOICE!

14. My Main Man

My Main Man Distinguished Member

I've had basically more eBay bullshit to deal with in the last 12 hours than in the last 10 years combined. Some I'm okay with (buyer is returning a suit because he found a hole in the butt area, another buyer found a small spot on a tie and asked for partial refund - I'm cool with both of those because it is completely feasible that I missed both of those things even though I'm usually very thorough when I check items) some I'm annoyed with (sent two winning bidders messages 4 days after they won auctions. both responded saying that they can no longer buy the items. small enough where I'm fine relisting, but neither of them have accepted the cancellation request even though they were messaging with me) and one that's pissing me off that I'm in the middle of right now where buyer claims an item is a counterfeit and is asking for a partial refund. Spoo helped me out and assured me that the item was legit.

Also still waiting for 52% negative feedback man to get his item so he can leave me negative feedback and then spend 30 minutes on the phone with eBay trying to get it removed.

15. concealed

concealed Distinguished Member

Bro, you need to let it go, this is the fucking breaks of this game. Don't take this stuff to heart, deal with the problems as they arrive, expect to get screwed a tiny bit once in awhile, but remember you are making plenty of money on all the vast majority of deals that go smoothly. Cancellation requests eventually are cleared automatically, returns happen, we all miss stuff, if an item is legit and the buyer is claiming its fake, take it back and resell it later, if someone leaves bad feedback consider if there is anything you can do to change your procedure to avoid a repeat, and don't let your feelings get involved.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014