1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

Are you allowed to deform a RRA box? I am putting another box inside that is slightly wider and it fits but there is a bulge in the box.

2. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Distinguished Member

I've sent plenty of RRA and flat rate boxes that were bulgy on the sides. If it fits, it ships, and they don't define "fit."

3. Shoeluv

Awesome, because the price difference was really large, like $5 for a free shipped item. Thanks!

4. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

All the time...plenty of tweeds or suits make the box bulge. Extra tape is added, and away it goes!

5. Shoeluv

Laser Printer warning:

I recently purchased a Samsung SCX-3405W from Walmart for ~$100. Could be the worst electronics purchase I have ever made. It was supposed to save me time and money cause toner is cheaper and labels print faster. Both are true when the stupid thing works, it has serious trouble coming out of sleep mode. Than if it has trouble printing it prints an error report on your label... I have lost ~6 sheets in the last week with these stupid error reports and that includes turning them around and using the second label. So I wrote an email to Samsung customer support explaining my issue and got back a message that can be summed up as "Gee that sucks we will tell someone, oh and by the way please fill out our survey".

edit:

Forgot to add they also said I could call this number (852)3698-4698 which at first glance seems like a US number but it isn't it is Hong Kong. Also the hours they list for live chat and phone calls are all Hong Kong time but they don't state the timezone anywhere. Finally I click on the chat with a live rep and get a error page...

[​IMG]
    It is like amateur hour in the support department, just a warning if you plan to purchase any Samsung products.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

6. Snoogz

That sucks. I try and stay away from companies who produce electronics in too many departments...samsung phones, TVs, computers, washer dryer, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and now printers?? They have never stood out to me as a top flyer in any of those areas (except maybe smart TVs), so its hard for me to back any. I prefer to put my money and faith into a company who specializes, say brother printers, or HP printers. Now I know HP has more products, but nothing to the extent of samsung.

So I guess I would suggest you return it lol. And purchase a nice brother printer?

7. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

I second Brother as a decent laser jet. Mine is performing flawlessly so far.

8. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

Many Asian companies are conglomerates with arms in diverse industries. Just look at the range of products Yamaha and Mitsubishi create. Siemens is similar in Germany. In such large companies core competency is extensive and their diversity is not an indicator of lack of focus or expertise.

9. My Main Man

My Main Man Distinguished Member

Randomly clicked on a buyer's feedback left for others and noticed that of his last 25, he has a 52% rate of leaving negative feedback. Kinda making me nervous.

10. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

Kinda?
    Run, Forrest, Run!

11. Snoogz

wtf, thats terrible. I almost feel like blocking him!

I understand your point, as I had a friend who drove a mitsubishi and watched one.

It may be that my thinking mentality may be biased. But that is just my thought process. Its like any other industry, they just slap their name on most things produced in different factories altogether. Tis what it is, but that does not negate my recommendation on looking to purchase a printer from a company who specializes in that department and that is their man product.

12. Shoeluv

Just wanted to send a shoutout to @capnwes for his advise on shipping. Made my first purchase through ULine and using my own boxes instead of USPS I was able to ship a few things first class mail instead of priority and have saved over $9 in shipping today (For me that is huge since I am only shipping 7 things today).

13. Shoeluv

Shipping in a 4x4x4 box, the label looks like this. How do you guys normally handle this? I put the barcode and buyers address on one side and folded my address above. Do you trim the side with scissors or just fold it over?

[​IMG]

Edit: The above I pulled the label off and repositioned it like I said above, this one I had folded it at the buyers address.

14. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

I purposely only use boxes that the labels fit on, without cutting.

15. Shoeluv

Does it fit on the 6x3x3 you recommend? I bought some of those as well but used this size because it was a pair of laptop DIMMS and fit easier.