1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Lirum

Lirum Senior Member

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

So had my high bidder today send me a email asking to cancel his bid because he thought the Tribute set of coins I was selling were real. The coins if real would be worth $1,000,000 so he bid $202.50 on them and was surprised they were replicas? WTF???

Anyway I replied I couldn't cancel his bid and he would have to retract it and I pasted the site to do that.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

He sent another message asking for me to cancel his bid and again I pointed him to that page. He hasn't done it, and the auction ends in about 6 hours and I want to get his bid off. Is there anyway I can do it, can I call eBay and have them do it? Cause if he wins it I have a feeling either he wouldn't pay or open a SNAD or some shit.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

3. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

Why can't you cancel his bid?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

At the bottom of the page where it shows all the bidders, click on "See how to cancel bids."

EDIT: jgill's is a more direct route.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

5. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

Excellent, thank you I thought he had to retract his bid. Than I saw this

[​IMG]

and thought I was screwed. Happy I was allowed to cancel it. Thanks for your help!

6. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior Member

What box do you ship a Fedora in? Seems to fit perfectly in a RRB box, but that's expensive for such a light item.

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

Only other option is to find a RR B size box, and ship priority by weight and size...

8. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

See above.
    Fedoras fit well in the 14x10x6, with plenty of bubble wrap to keep the shape.

9. jebarne

jebarne Distinguished Member

I would use the RRB box and put priority mail stickers, white labels, or opaque tape over the RRB. Post office won't care if you send it that way. In fact, I had a postal worker tell me that.

I was going to get equivalent sized RRA boxes and he told me to put stickers over the RRA. Makes it simple because I can prepackage almost everything after I measure it.

10. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior Member

Wow, that makes life really easy. Thank you.

11. capnwes

DEFECT RATE RANT

I have 3 returns started this week. All 3 are because the buyers didn't like the color, yet they are returning the items as Defective. WTF!

12. DanM

DanM Distinguished Member

^im thinking ebay doesn't want top rated sellers anymore. That, or we should get comfortable with people buying items to try them on and then sending them back.

13. capnwes

I was already comfortable with that, but losing my shipping discounts over it is going to be hella expensive. They need to revamp the system before it begins.

14. jebarne

jebarne Distinguished Member

I have a return on nwob AE Waldens.

12c. I had a note in there saying the hand sewn last runs a half side smaller than normal. I gave the inside measurement. I explained they were seconds.

He said "they are defective because they have been sized wrong" and that he has a bunch of ae's and he knows how they fit so these were made wrong.

I laid a tape measure on the Allen Edmonds printed chart and the inside measure is exactly a size 12 +3/8 inches for toe room.

I sent this to the guy and he ignored it.

Worth it to challenge the defect claim with ebay?

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

May be worth it on the grounds of you providing information to prove the shoes are in fact not defective due to the sizing chart measurements via AE.

Now the ball is in his court to dis-prove your fact, and show evidence on the premise of actually being defective....awe who am I kidding, this is ebay...goodluck!

EDIT: I'll edit this post, to inform you that I have personally handles shoes from AE that are stamped defective. They differ from second stamps, in fact they are found inside the shoe. Now, if you can find a statement or email an Allen Edmonds representative backing this statement up, then use this to your advantage. Inform eBay / the buyer that there are no markings represented on his newly acquired pair of shoes, thus rendering his argument moot and invalid for further discussion.

- I'll try and find a picture of a pair I sold that had that stamp.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014