Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Thank you! And txwoodworker

2. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Sucks, all my item not received cases, were for items that were received the day after the case was opened. I don't think an opened case should count until it is escalated.

4. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

+1000

Right now, if someone opens a SNAD because something doesn't fit and because we know ebay will side with the buyer, we refund the item and eat the shipping etc. we still get the defect. That's BS.
    I also don't see how it is a seller defect if the USPS loses a package. It isn't the buyers fault, so they should have recourse, but provided the item was shipped in the stated time frame, and with appropriate tracking, the seller has done all he can do.

5. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

My 3 defects:

1. buyer won two items and paid for one. I cancelled/refunded so that I could invoice him for both to save shipping costs. he messaged me back saying that he was a new buyer and thought that once he won an item, he had the option to pay for it so he had been bidding really high on a lot of items that week and hadn't run into any issues yet. I'm guessing his week got really shitty a few days later.

2. sold a distressed Diesel jacket. took decent photos and mentioned that it was intended to have a distressed look and the buyer said that the jacket "wasn't in the best condition" in his neutral feedback.

3. Sold a pair of 9C boots (photo of the size and listed 3 times in listing) and got neutral feedback saying that they were actually size 8. I talked with eBay and they saw the photos and said I was right, but they wouldn't remove the feedback. <-That one pissed me off.

6. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I just looked at mine. I had 4. 1 is legit (shipped ties to the wrong buyers, 1 guy was happy with the wrong tie, the other person never responded to my several offers so I cancelled, refunded and he kept the tie I sent. Both were Zegna's. .

1. Guy returned a pair of AE shoes because they were too small. He didn't know his size in that last. They were advertised as 12C. They're marked 12C.
    2. Guy Claimed Damage 2 months after receiving. Ebay closed the case right away because he was outside the window.
    3. Guy moved, forgot to change his address, an a pair of shoes went to his address of record. Full records provided.

If this is going to count against me, I'm going to have to be more serious about challenging things.

jb

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, apparently so, unless they change the way it's set up. I don't see how this is going to work.

8. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

you've got an advisor that checks in with you. Can you get them on the phone and let them know that the new rules are going to drive more sellers to fight these things because if opening counts against you, you only get out of it by winning the case.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I think they discontinued the seller outreach calls, I haven't had one in probably 6 months. I don't think winning the case helps. I won all my cases and they all still counted against me.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

10. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

I won a case against a seller Monday. Feels good to be the beneficiary of eBay's buyer favoritism for once.

I won't leave negative feedback, tempting as it is, since I understand that things go wrong sometimes, and the dude is a Styleforum member. He fought me tooth and nail, though, even though it was pretty clear he was in the wrong.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I received a call last week about the new updates. It was brief, but informative to a certain extent.

He may read this thread, but hopefully in the future its for the good : /

12. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Can anyone help please?? @capnwes

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Right, but usually at the end of those calls they would schedule another call, where a special eBay rep and fellow seller would review your account with you and let you know some tips that might help.

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I use my 14x10x6 box to ship cowboy boots. But knee length will be a different story. I've used two of my 13x10x4 boxes taped together end to end.

15. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Hey Wes

Where do you buy the boxes from?