Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah it's a no feedback buyer and he didn't respond to any messages, just a hassle but it's not counting against me. Might try calling ebay again

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Another Garagesale question, I guess for those without stores this feature is new:

[​IMG]

Is there any way to set this up in Garagesale yet? Right now I have to revise each one individually which is boring.

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I found a new laser printer on the porch when I left home this afternoon. This is going to seriously speed up my process!

4. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Thanks everyone for the garagesale feedback. I use a pretty darn basic html template now, which I know I should spruce up, so maybe that will be one of my next projects. Also, @COtoKS , I actually had not thought to search the thread. For some reason, I thought garagesale was a fairly new software release, lesson learned, and I'll dig back through later, thanks!

On an unrelated note, I ran across some potential shady business today, wonder if this is a common practice for some trying to save on postage? I received a suit today from a "Top Rated Plus" seller. When it arrived my first thought was wow, I'm surprised he did not put it in a RRA box, this box is larger than a RRA, so it must have cost him more. My first glance was to check out the measurements of this box...
    [​IMG]

From there, I figured maybe he displayed postage, I'm curious how much this cost...
    [​IMG]

I then saw "Regional Box A" on the label. I'm guessing a lazy post man doesn't check, just scans and puts the box in the outgoing bin. I wonder if the guy does this with the shoe box as well!

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Why would you do them individually through garage sale? There is a bulk edit option on your ebay unsold items page.

I suppose the seller might not realize that is for a specific flat rate box.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

There are definitely lazy postal workers out there... I recently received a First Class shipment that was in a Priority box.

7. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

It may just be for those with a store or Selling Manager Pro, neither which I have because I don't have an option to do this that I can see.

8. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

So I have gone on a spree of listing things since eBay is giving you 25K free listings for the next 10 days. I listed a vintage toy robot and in the listing I state "No battery, charger or darts". 30 minutes after listing it I get a BIN for full price and then 2 minutes later "Hi, I just purchased this item. I have a question. It is fully functional correct?" [​IMG][​IMG]

So even though I specifically state in the auction "Please ask all questions prior to bidding, if you would like different pictures or more information on the item please ask before bidding." he still did it.

So since I am trying to do eBay as a small side business I politely responded "I don't have a battery or charger so this is untested, if you don't want it in that condition let me know and I will cancel this transaction".

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Wow, really? That's kind of an odd upgrade item.

10. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Only just recently opened a store and have been editing unsold listings in bulk long before that.

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

What are you editing anyway shoeluv?

12. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Yes I know how to edit in bulk, but this particular option is not available in the bulk editing screen.

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I want to have my items realist automatically 3 times for free. This is a new feature eBay added for regular joes.

So if I do a listing off of eBay the option is available to check. Within ebay listing tool (i.e. if I click sell one like this) I see this at the bottom of the page.

[​IMG]

So I want the free relisting automatically but there is no corresponding check mark within Garagesale where I do my listings.

I can't edit this particular field in bulk editing mode, the only way I have found to do it is to revise each item one at a time and it gives you that option on the confirmation page.

15. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I put the unsold ones in a single folder, select them all as one, press relist button. If you want them to relist at a specific time, just call up the 2nd tab of the info page and plug in the time and hit relist. It will load them up.

Sign up for the user group on yahoo. GarageSale_Users. probably 5-6 emails a day but usually informative and they give you links for downloads and the software designers answer questions directly and on 2 occasions have written a quick script for me to put in my listings to make it format properly.