Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Yes I know how to edit in bulk, but this particular option is not available in the bulk editing screen.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I want to have my items realist automatically 3 times for free. This is a new feature eBay added for regular joes.

So if I do a listing off of eBay the option is available to check. Within ebay listing tool (i.e. if I click sell one like this) I see this at the bottom of the page.

[​IMG]

So I want the free relisting automatically but there is no corresponding check mark within Garagesale where I do my listings.

I can't edit this particular field in bulk editing mode, the only way I have found to do it is to revise each item one at a time and it gives you that option on the confirmation page.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

4. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I put the unsold ones in a single folder, select them all as one, press relist button. If you want them to relist at a specific time, just call up the 2nd tab of the info page and plug in the time and hit relist. It will load them up.

Sign up for the user group on yahoo. GarageSale_Users. probably 5-6 emails a day but usually informative and they give you links for downloads and the software designers answer questions directly and on 2 occasions have written a quick script for me to put in my listings to make it format properly.

5. DanM

DanM Senior member

According to the new seller standards, I'll only be "above average". Knocked out by an asshat that opened an "item not received" case when my auctions state two day processing, he paid with an echeck, which took over a week to clear and ebay said not to ship until it cleared Paypal. And despite shipping the package on the second business day, case opened...

6. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Picked up this Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Custom Tailored Blazer last week.

It has a golden fleece button that I haven't seen before that mimics some of the corneliani and brioni buttons I've seen.

I need 6 or 8 more for the sleeves of the coat. Have you guys seen these before? Anyone have any they'd sell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I've done this before. Because the shipping system defaults to whatever you pop in as your choice at the beginning of the auction, you have to remember if you needed a different package to update the label and not to just just hit pay and print.

8. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Yeah I used to do it like that as well, but I have some ending everyday and it would just be more convenient to realist automagically.

Just signed up for the group, will post the question there.

9. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

If you look at the inspector, the last tab on the right is the "auction" tab. About half-way down you can click on automatically relist and that will do it. I think the auction has to be running at the time, so you probably want to group them by when they expire so you edit them all as one.

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

No that gives this warning and is what started this whole chain by me

Quote: So I had a BIN last night and this morning woke up to the same auction listed again even though it had sold.

11. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

It has a tie to inventory. If you've set up a quantity of 1 in your inventory, it will stop the relisting because it knows you don't have it to sell.

but if like me, you haven't previously set up an inventory, I can''t see how to add it.

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

If we now decide to opt out of hassle free returns, and process everything manually, will this help our "not as described" returns and our rating?

Because this is bullshit for standards...

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Oh, I see. That wouldn't work out well if you run 10 day listings, but would be nice for 7 day.

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Yeah, all of my free listens are 7 days. Although I am not sure why it would be bad for 10? I think they are free even if they cross into another month.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Well, if you want your 10 day listings to end on a certain day, Sunday for most of us, having them relist automatically on Sunday night would have them ending on Wednesday the next time.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014