1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Probably very true. I just think of paypal/taxes/accounting as things I don't like to screw with and make sure it's done right.

2. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Well, yeah, of course, but there are a number of consignors on this forum who have probably tackled this problem before me, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to get some guidance from someone here before I took the problem to my accountant. Make sense?

In any case, What Snoogz says below rings true, but ethically speaking, I'm not just "sending money to friends & family". I consider some of my consignors friends, but that's not why I'm sending them the money. I'm sending them the money because they sent me clothes to sell for them, and that's money I owe to them because they sent me those goods, and I performed that service.

3. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Paypal's way of holding true to their policy's, are wording that money transfer exactly as they have it "friends and family" - anything other than that...they wan't their cut.

Is it illegal to send a client payment as "friends and family" - hell no, Paypal is not the law. But, if you want to use their services, then they expect you to stay within their guidelines. I am not sure what the repercussions are for that said act, but I'd assume the first instance may be a warning.

--
    Does PayPal calculate the goods & services transfer of funds with the same tier we are use to via eBay transactions? I'd assume so...

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I think the OP is looking for info above and beyond doubts and assumptions, and I would suggest a call to a tax pro or CPA who is versed in online sales (my last tax lady sucked - didn't know what the PayPal forms etc were).

5. concealed

concealed Senior member

in regards to the consignment payment. you have to send via paypal goods & services, its not a family and friends payment. whether you cover the fees or you consignees do is up to you, business decision.

2 people like this.
  6. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Well, I mean, banks aren't the law either, but if you break some of their rules, you still go to jail. Going to check in with my cousin the accountant and report back.

Thanks to all who chimed in on the subject. I appreciate the group's knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  7. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

hgeeres;t the skinny hug who asked

yiu neeed to b e honest about the thing about payaokla consignment

2 people like this.
  8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Well someone is lit! [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Best Friday night post ever.

1 person likes this.
  10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I send checks to all domestic clients, and anyone overseas who needs a payout gets a paypal payment with no fees deducted for them. You shouldn't send it as a payment for goods and services as if you are paying a consignor, you are not paying them for any goods and services. I attach a PDF of their consignment receipt to the payment which matches the payment to the penny.
    Heh he…fire..fire! Heh heh… /Beavis

11. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Is there a name for this type of pattern other than maybe acid trip? Chanel, Chanel, older Gianni Versace if it matters:

Edit: Maybe ancient madder on the first two?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  12. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

^ Madder is also a feel. I've seen it described as 'chalky' and that echos the only Madder I've handled. Top one definitely looks like it could be described like that.

Oh, and write ACID JAZZ instead. Been wanting to use that for awhile.

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I am such a trend setter, happy anniversary to me...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

15 yrs, very nice!

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Long time! Member since: Nov 24, 2001

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  16. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I didn't get anything like that.

Of course I have 68 feedback over almost 16 years, so...

17. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Wow, going on 16 years for you. I think it is just for me, did you notice all of them at eBay are wishing me the very best. It feels so personal when they address me as nashvilleclosets...

18. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Ahahah I was like "wow the CEO himself sent him an e-mail" ahahah

19. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Only nine years for me. Didn't even have a computer when I started selling. Would take my pics and go to the free library to upload and write descriptions.

2 people like this.
  20. DanM

DanM Senior member

Member since 2002, first sale in 2007.