• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the 2nd time, my mailman left packages on my doorstep that were meant to be picked up. they are sitting RIGHT in front of my door.

of course, i again got the email saying my packages have been picked up. so goddamn annoying!

I'd call your local Postmaster - they won't be doing that again.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd call your local Postmaster - they won't be doing that again.

looks like next time it happens this is what ill do. it must mean those emails are auto generated which is a fairly poor business practice.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a same issue with suede bluchers. Maybe you have a low instep and the shoes have a high vamp.

Yeah, that's the other option. I think you're probably right.

I guess I could probably sell them after I give them a good cleaning, I'm sure I'll get more than I paid once they're cleaner. They're pretty nice and the soles are excellent.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the 2nd time, my mailman left packages on my doorstep that were meant to be picked up. they are sitting RIGHT in front of my door.

of course, i again got the email saying my packages have been picked up. so goddamn annoying!
This has happened to me about 5 times. I live in an area that has not been re-routed for a full-time mailman. Its what they call an auxiliary route, and is picked up by a random driver daily. I too get the auto generated emails stating the status is complete, which is bullshit.

I'd call your local Postmaster - they won't be doing that again.
+1, did that. He made the driver come all the way back to my house to get my packages. I was still furious.

looks like next time it happens this is what ill do. it must mean those emails are auto generated which is a fairly poor business practice.
Call them, they will take care of it.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why aren't sellers innocent until proven guilty?  eBay doesn't put the burden of proof on the buyer?  After all, he is the one who holds the item, not us.

Serious answer:

My theory is that it is a combination of these factors:
1. Buyers determine sales volume on ebay. There will always be plenty of sellers. So ebay values buyers more highly than sellers.
2. A seller is more likely to be a business, so they are somewhat accustomed to the concept of the customer always being right.
3. As a practical matter, ebay must choose one side and be consistent. They do not want to have to devote the manpower necessary to thoroughly investigate and judge every dispute. So they make simplified ground rules, which of course are easily abused.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Serious answer:

My theory is that it is a combination of these factors:
1. Buyers determine sales volume on ebay. There will always be plenty of sellers. So ebay values buyers more highly than sellers.
2. A seller is more likely to be a business, so they are somewhat accustomed to the concept of the customer always being right.
3. As a practical matter, ebay must choose one side and be consistent. They do not want to have to devote the manpower necessary to thoroughly investigate and judge every dispute. So they make simplified ground rules, which of course are easily abused.

Pretty much. It's too bad they don't give some autonomy to the eBay reps who handle feedback disputes. In my case I was willing to issue a full refund (without ever getting the item returned back to me) simply because the post office didn't track it correctly, and they still refused to remove the feedback.

Oh, by the way, the eBay customer service phone number is going to be discontinued this month (they have a recording that tells you this when you call in). It sounds like they will not publish another number, meaning all disputes will be handled online. That should be fun. As a seller, without access to that number so you can immediately and clearly make your case, the buyer has even more control.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a pair of nwt polo golf cords. Made in Italy. Would those be corneliani?

Possibly. Do you have pics of the tags?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads