• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever had the idea to run 3 day auctions, relisting Sunday stuff (Wes?) thank you. That's $400 extra for my vacation next week.

Also, if any of you gents were among the purchasers, you have my deepest thanks and all paid items will be shipping Thursday evening.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bid early bid often. That's my advice as a seller.
wink.gif

Well, of course. I'm a seller myself, but I'm just curious about early bidding. What purpose does it serve for the buyers?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, of course. I'm a seller myself, but I'm just curious about early bidding. What purpose does it serve for the buyers?

Sometimes I'll place a bid early just so I get a reminder if I get outbid. Also if no one else bids, you get the goods cheap.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll place a bid early just so I get a reminder if I get outbid. Also if no one else bids, you get the goods cheap.

Plus if a seller seriously under prices something he can't cancel a listing without penalty (I think) if there are already bids.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, those reasons make sense. Just making sure there's isn't some sooper sekrit auction strategy that I don't know about.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, those reasons make sense. Just making sure there's isn't some sooper sekrit auction strategy that I don't know about.

There is. It's called sending the kids packing, and letting the grown-ups play. Big $$ items will have an early bidding war to inform e-thrifters or non-serious buyers that this item is not for them. It will send many people to at stear away due to pricing thresholds.

borbor

Reaction score
what sort of items do you guys run an auction, and what sort of items do you guys do BINOBO? I assume the hotter the item, the more sense it makes to do an auction?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Plus if a seller seriously under prices something he can't cancel a listing without penalty (I think) if there are already bids.

I think you can still cancel for an error the listing. I accidentally started an auction (for a Darth Vader mask) at $.99 two weeks ago. It got massive interest and still sold where I thought it would price wise.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone here have an extra flash (vivitar 285 ) or similar they may have for sale? I need some better lighting soon, and i'm having trouble E-thrifting one!

Possibly a GOOD mannequin - my spongebob one is killing me

PM me if you can, thanks guys

Last edited:

namdaemun

Reaction score
I sent out an item and it said "out for delivery" then .... "forwarded"

What does forwarded indicate?

Thx

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it's something I want, I put a bid in as soon as I see it . Good karma. Let's others know you're there, ready to buy. Then I set the sniper for my max price.

I hate being sniped by someone who hasn't bid. Don't mind it if the person was actively bidding.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's something I want, I put a bid in as soon as I see it . Good karma. Let's others know you're there, ready to buy. Then I set the sniper for my max price.

I hate being sniped by someone who hasn't bid. Don't mind it if the person was actively bidding.

You'd hate bidding against me. I'm the guy that bids with 4 seconds left to go. All or nothing...

manlai

Reaction score
You'd hate bidding against me. I'm the guy that bids with 4 seconds left to go. All or nothing...

as long as you pay. I'm seeing more and more of my selling auctions get a flurry of last second snipes and then the buyer bailing on payment. Reselling always seems to fetch an even lower bid than the guy the flaker beat out the last time.

amadar

Reaction score

as long as you pay.  I'm seeing more and more of my selling auctions get a flurry of last second snipes and then the buyer bailing on payment.  Reselling always seems to fetch an even lower bid than the guy the flaker beat out the last time.

This is why Second Chance Offer exists. I've saved a ton of sales by this process.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads