1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

It's not just you -_-

I hate Canada Post :/

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

When shipping Priority Express International to Australia, there isn't a signature confirmation option (grayed out) from eBay shipping. Do you guys normally have this or insurance? It is a $49.99 jacket, should I bother with insurance (it is only $1.65) or do I still get the free $50?

3. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Dear Folks:

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier but:

As we all know, new seller standards take effect Aug 20.

Many things that should not be counted as 'defects' are counted and may push some current Top Rated sellers out of that category. And there is no way to contest these 'defect' designations, although some customer service reps tell me they are scheduled to get training this week on how to do this.

Like many of us, I've been tracking my 'defects' very carefully.

And when I checked this morning, a few of them seem to have disappeared. My count has gone down. Yay! But why?

4. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

I lost TRS like 6 months ago and with the new performance ratings i will be at 1.4% of the 2% limit. So i am kind of happy.

In a way it is better for resellers because the description star was always an issue with my rating. I always had 100% feedback with 0-0.2% in all star aspects except the item as described star. I had 0.51% which killed my TRS status costing me hundreds each month.

The opened cases crap is an insane though. I just had someone open a case to return something that didn't fit. They didnt even message me. Just opened it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  5. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

All my "Canceled Transactions" defects disappeared.

6. DanM

DanM Senior member

If one case drops off, or I sell 20 items this week (my sales have been ridiculously slow the last 6 weeks) without any new cases opened, I'll keep my TRS status. Two of the cases in the evaluation period are bullshit, buyer complaining about fit issues and clearly didn't read the measurements. In both cases I took a return and resold the item with no problem, preferring to keep my perfect feedback record. The new seller standards are total crap, designed to cut back on the shipping discount that ebay offers.

7. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Me too. Nice!

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Signature Confirmation is grayed out until you reach a specific dollar amount threshold (I think it recently increased from 250 up to 750??). eBay determines that, and requires it for both parties to be covered by their protection. So until you reach that dollar amount, we cannot use it through eBay. Australia is probably one of my favorite places to ship, I've never had issues with FC, Priority, or Express. I almost feel like I'm shipping domestic.

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Express should include $200 insurance automatically so you shouldn't need to buy any? And not sure if it's sig required but it will be tracked all the way

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I checked and you get $200 free insurance with Express.
    My choices are

First Class Package Intl Service - Package/Thick Envelope - $18.89

Priority Mail International - $33.85

Priority Express Mail International - $44.59

Since Austrailia is an E Delcon country, what are the benefits of Priority and Express over FC?

P.S. he paid $45 shipping and I would refund him the difference. So money wise it doesn't matter to me, I want to do what is best for me and my customer.

11. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I always ask, and tell them the expected delivery between FC and Priority. Most choose FC because they save a bunch on shipping, but some want it faster.

12. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

Cherry popped! Had my first case opened against me for "The buyer has not received the item yet"

Buyer purchased item on Aug 6. Emailed me 5 minutes later and said he made a mistake and would like it shipped to his work address, i refunded his money and he resent it again with his business address which was confirmed so i shipped it. Since i am super fast it got to him on the 9th of August.

USPS tracking shows the item being delivered on the 9th of Aug. Got this message today.

Quote: Buyer work website shows them being closed on weekends.

How do one verify with the USPS office on what happened? What should my step be so i dont lose this case.

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It shows delivered, you win.

First things first, go to the resolution center and make sure you respond with tracking info, if you have not done so already.

2 people like this.
  14. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

Thats good news but i am assuming the buyer is being honest and i would like to help him get this package. Unless its stolen we should be able to resolve this.

1 person likes this.
  15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

He will need to contact the local post office that dispatched the package. The carrier will probably remember the package, if he doesn't waste any time submitting his inquiry.

I assume his place of employment still has a mailbox, probably a large one at that. Perhaps it is in there?
    Sometimes I have seen items marked as delivered but not actually delivered till the following day for whatever reason.

3 people like this.
  16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Exactly... At my wife's workplace, unless she goes and visits the shipping/receiving office, she sometimes won't get packages for 2-3 days after they're delivered.

17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That moment when you try to track something you haven't shipped yet...

18. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Like the unexpected crown/dip in the road where your stomach hits your tonsils.

2 people like this.
  19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Bit of a brag... My sales for the past 24 hours and past week are off the hook!

I love this feeling.

20. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

1 person likes this.