• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The type of stretching I do is ...

Gotta tell ya, this was my first thought too.

Anywhoo: Any of you comrades expecting this week's auctions to be off? I figure a large percentage of our audience are offline. Not like Ima end my auctions or anything; just bracing for the inevitable.

Speaking of ending an auction: I have a PRL suit on now. 10 day auction, set to end Sunday. 2 bids, 4 watchers. BUT: I got the measurements wrong and didn't realize until after the first bid. Now the correct measurements are Waaaay at the bottom, under all my pics and stuff. I think nobody is seeing them (since I keep getting messages telling me my measurements are off), so I think I'm getting fewer watchers than I should. Luckily, the title has the right size, but I'm still concerned. And as icing on the cake, the leading bidder has only 4 feedback. I'm thinking of ending it and relisting 7 days starting Sunday (I've already had 10 days exposure). Thoughts?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta tell ya, this was my first thought too.
Anywhoo: Any of you comrades expecting this week's auctions to be off? I figure a large percentage of our audience are offline. Not like Ima end my auctions or anything; just bracing for the inevitable.
Speaking of ending an auction: I have a PRL suit on now. 10 day auction, set to end Sunday. 2 bids, 4 watchers. BUT: I got the measurements wrong and didn't realize until after the first bid. Now the correct measurements are Waaaay at the bottom, under all my pics and stuff. I think nobody is seeing them (since I keep getting messages telling me my measurements are off), so I think I'm getting fewer watchers than I should. Luckily, the title has the right size, but I'm still concerned. And as icing on the cake, the leading bidder has only 4 feedback. I'm thinking of ending it and relisting 7 days starting Sunday (I've already had 10 days exposure). Thoughts?

I think you'll get hit with final value fees if you end with bidders. You might call eBay and see what they suggest.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you'll get hit with final value fees if you end with bidders. You might call eBay and see what they suggest. 

I think that starts in February.

EDIT: Grendel was right. It started October 1. But it's waived the first time each calendar year. I'm safe for now, but won't do it again.

I still think this rule is f*cking bullsh*t.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any of you comrades expecting this week's auctions to be off? I figure a large percentage of our audience are offline.

Nah. 1 million people without power. 100 million ebay users. I feel confident in those odds.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
knocked down 998.86 this past week, according to ebay, I couldn't get 1.14 more? hahah. Also, I seriously just got this message from a buyer once item ended. "Sorry. I no longer want."
ffffuuuu.gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
but thats probably the result of a combination of better items and variance?
My inventory was really pretty much the same as it has been for my fall tweed sale. About 65-70 percent tweed. Was a bit of a cold spike lately...so I would credit that more than anything. Was just making reference to GMMcL's post wondering if he should expect to see a decrease in sales due to Sandy.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got this one from PayPal today. Didn't realize this was a thing, but I'll take it.

"Due to your exceptional PayPal account performance, we are happy to let you know that your funds will no longer be temporarily held during the investigation of a claim, dispute, or chargeback filed by your buyers. This change will take effect immediately. There is no action required on your behalf to take advantage of this exciting benefit."

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you guys think there is a significant difference between a .99 and 9.99 auction? Does it make a difference in traffic at that point?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting listing limit errors when trying to list Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Dior - but only those 2 brands. Are there certain brands that are flagged by eBay and have special limits that do not apply to other clothing makers? My selling limits are $5,000 per month or 100 items, and when I spoke to eBay a few weeks ago they informed me that these were the only limits that would apply to my account.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm getting listing limit errors when trying to list Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Dior - but only those 2 brands. Are there certain brands that are flagged by eBay and have special limits that do not apply to other clothing makers? My selling limits are $5,000 per month or 100 items, and when I spoke to eBay a few weeks ago they informed me that these were the only limits that would apply to my account.

I've ran into that before with a Coach tie that didn't sell a few times and I relisted it. You should be able to make the listing with the wrong brand and then revise it right after. That tricked worked to get around initial category selling limits at least :hide:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads