1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Desi Montez

Desi Montez Well-Known Member

I sold a pair of shoes on ebay, and I think a buyer is going to open a SNAD case since I did not accept his return for what he said was significant scuffs, that were not there when I sold the item. He had the item for a week before saying anything. I honestly think he may have caused the damage and now wants to return them, does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

If you are certain about no scuffs being present, then he apparently is lying. One route is to bait him for information while playing dumb/interested. Ask something on the lines of "Oh, did you notice the scuffs before wearing the shoes, or did they get worse after wearing them?" This is you assuming he wore them, and you are now awaiting his confirmation. If he has chosen to wear the shoes, he can no longer return the shoes, or file a SNAD case and win. Again, do be sure about no scuffs being present. Also, you can ask the buyer to upload pictures of the problem he is claiming, so you can look at them first to be sure they are different than when sold.

Do you have a link to the sold item?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I think there are trending items sometimes. When I get a better than expected response to an item I look to see if they have any current advertising campaigns, something that is making the brand trend that may have created interest in the listing.

4 stars is not a negative, 1,2,3 only.

My initial reaction to every customer complaint is that they are #$^##$%ing nuts and that they are trying to screw me. Truth is, I'm finding when I take a step back and take a breath, what they're complaining about is close enough to reality that they have a genuine complaint (in their eyes). I've learned am learning to work within the system, be as nice as possible in the response in a true "what can I do for you" customer service kind of way. This helps with getting negative feedback removed (if it comes to that).

4. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Has anyone shipped to Egypt with no problems? Multiple times with no buyer INR cases? I am thinking of adding them to my list of no deliveries.

5. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Good point, but they're about 30 bucks a pop I'm figuring I can't lose anything but time on them. Will probably only sink what I made from the previous two which will net about 6 ties.

6. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Here is what Wes uses and where to get them: http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/...cks-problems-questions/11700_100#post_7055472 and also what Brianpore uses: http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/...ricks-problems-questions/3450_30#post_6387556

I purchased my initial set of polys from amazon but found them cheaper on ebay. My last purchase was from this seller's store: http://stores.ebay.com/UPAKNSHIP?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Depending on how many bags/boxes you want to buy you'll have to price ebay v. uline. When I was considering tie boxes, 100 6x4x4 cost me $28.45 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390811201455?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 while 100 uline 6x3x3 would have been $25.00+$12.11=$36.11. If you're buying in bulk the uline quantity options may be a better choice.

Last, but not least, if you're in the US the USPS provides quite a few free boxes/envelopes as long as you ship priority mail.

1 person likes this.
  7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Awesomeness.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I've got a larger magnet version coming for the back in the next day or so....you know, to give those people stuck in the traffic jam behind me something to do besides pick their noses.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheNeedMachine

I have something coming along the same lines - PM me your address and I'll mail you one when they arrive. :)

11. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Lol you Linked it to your ebay?? Damn

12. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Can you print these on a business card? Or is that what you already did [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  13. TheNeedMachine

Can be printed on anything - I know Wes' cards have a QR code on them. I did similar but different.
    Mine arrived today - would have included one in your package but it shipped today...

14. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Nice, I just edited all my listings to accept returns in an attempt to avoid the rare item as not described case. I'm thinking a little business card with a thank you, if you have any questions or concerns please contact me before leaving feedback, positive feedback is greatly appreciated, etc. That neat scan could go on the back saying something like please check out my other items for sale!

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Back to the website (to go long with ebay). Almost there.... Thoughts on a picture to compliment this one..

16. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Back to the website (to go long with ebay). Almost there.... Thoughts on a picture to compliment this one.. about 10 pictures in the spoiler

[​IMG]
    Main difference with the first 1-7 photos is the amount it get blurry towards to the back.

A) [​IMG]

B) [​IMG]

1) [​IMG]

2) [​IMG]

3) [​IMG]

4) [​IMG]

5) [​IMG]

6) [​IMG]

7) [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. TheNeedMachine

I like 2 thru 6 - not sure what the difference is (I'm a bit daft that way - could never do the "spot the difference" puzzles).

18. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

I can't understand how ebay's automated systems can be so off. Most of the time I ship the same day (even on Saturdays if I don't have any plans). Due to OCD and the fact that I sell so few items, I actually click on the tracking number of every package myself to see if everything's OK, and by 9pm-ish, all items are at least at the 'Arrived at USPS Origin Sort Facility' stage, if not further.

And now this:

[​IMG]

What the fuck is going on? This has to be an error. Anyone else's dashboard showing garbage numbers too?

19. DanM

DanM Senior member

That makes my numbers look good. :( Don't know why ebay/USPS are beating the heck out of me this month.

20. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Don't like A, B for sure. I actually prefer every shoe to be visible clearly. It's not artistic, I know. So, 2 or 7.