• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hope you charged an appropriate shipping price. Ensure he pays with a paypal account linked to a confirmed address. Ship via USPS express international, which offers tracking. Should be about $40.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hope you charged an appropriate shipping price.  Ensure he pays with a paypal account linked to a confirmed address.  Ship via USPS express international, which offers tracking.  Should be about $40.  

I just sent an invoice with the Express International price added on, so now I just have to wait for him to make the payment.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just sold a sportcoat to a guy in Japan.

In the past I've always just used USPS first class, but this thread and the guy's low feedback # have me worried.
Any suggestions? I was thinking one of those international priority flat rate boxes.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no benefit of using international priority from my experience, tracking does not extend past US customs. Express International (starting at $38) provdes the best protection for sellers, charge accordingly.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
India post provides full tracking for incoming USPS international priority, I don't know why you say it is not tracked beyond US customs

Mox C

Reaction score
I sent one to Germany via Priority and it was tracked to his post office. He had the package held there for pickup, and it said so in the tracking. I think a lot depends on the postal service of the receiving country.

Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified
October 11, 2012, 5:47 am
GERMANY
International Parcels

Customs clearance processing complete
October 09, 2012, 3:53 pm
GERMANY

Customs Clearance
October 09, 2012, 3:52 pm

Customs Clearance
October 03, 2012, 11:54 am

Processed Through Sort Facility
October 03, 2012, 11:53 am
GERMANY

Processed Through Sort Facility
September 27, 2012, 2:26 pm
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Arrived at Sort Facility
September 27, 2012, 6:32 am
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
September 27, 2012, 12:10 am
CHICAGO, IL 60688

Electronic Shipping Info Received
September 25, 2012

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that may be true, just going based on my own past experience and that of some other sellers.

I know that spoo uses international priority as well

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sent one to Germany via Priority and it was tracked to his post office. He had the package held there for pickup, and it said so in the tracking. I think a lot depends on the postal service of the receiving country.
Yes...most countries do track priority.. but some don't.

Last edited:

Mox C

Reaction score
And on US eBay, I don't think there's a way to separate out different shipping based on country, just US and foreign. If you do an invoice and know the postal system you are sending it to tracks, then you can invoice Priority, but otherwise it probably makes sense to have Express listed in the auction.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased something from China on September 28. On October 4, it made it to the sort facility that I am assuming sorts the mail that goes to my local post office, then to my house. However, my item has been at that facility since October 4 and the estimated delivery was between October 17-30. Another buyer from the United States purchased something similar on October 12, and received his item on October 28. Luckily, nothing like this has ever happened to me in the past but this also means that my experience with these types of situations is limited. How do I proceed with the seller? In addition, I only have until, I believe November 7, to report any problems. Thanks in advance!

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really like filling out the customs forms, so as a built in deterrant, I only offer the Express shipping option. Provides me the best seller protection and service for buyers, and filters out non-serious bidders.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Customs forms filled out automatically when purchased online....

just another reason why I need to look into some of the solutions you have mentioned to me!

then again, i am doomed to early onset carpal tunnel already!

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased something from China on September 28. On October 4, it made it to the sort facility that I am assuming sorts the mail that goes to my local post office, then to my house. However, my item has been at that facility since October 4 and the estimated delivery was between October 17-30. Another buyer from the United States purchased something similar on October 12, and received his item on October 28. Luckily, nothing like this has ever happened to me in the past but this also means that my experience with these types of situations is limited. How do I proceed with the seller? In addition, I only have until, I believe November 7, to report any problems. Thanks in advance!

Hate to quote myself, but oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads