• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

namdaemun

Reaction score
Oh, it's dependent on the employee? Awesome. I know one who loves me!

Thank you

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Legal question: I found a Point Blank Body Armor vest for an insanely cheap price today. They seem to do well on eBay, but I'm wondering what the legality of selling body armor is. It doesn't have any ballistic plates in the vest. It's basically just a vest that the plate slips inside. Can I just list normally or are there any weird restrictions I should know about? I saw a few that had plates inside and they had things like "buyer needs to be 18+ with no felonies, etc."

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life is sweet again... I went out for a 1.5+ hour bike ride, partially on trails. It's wonderful that I can get places like this less than an hour from my front door.

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this missing a button? It's weird that there's no middle button but there's no signs of a missing button (stitch holes, etc)

joshmick

Reaction score
I got offered $25 shipped for something I have had listed for a while, so I took it. Re-posted with a buy it now of $25 with free "economy" shipping. Buyer bought and paid right away and then sends me an email "by the way, I need this by the weekend, so please send it priority." I realize I could be a dick and say "well you didn't pay for priority, you paid for economy, but I figured it's not worth the headache, and I wanted to be rid of the jacket for a while.

That said, eBay kind of breeds this bully mentality amongst bidders, they can pull **** like this and not really suffer any consequence.

/end rant.

Homeboy got a bad ass DJ for $25 priority shipped, which equates to about $3 profit to me. I need to start sending these specialty type items to spoo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261402414366?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fueco

1. these "customer service agents" don't speak logical english. They are from different countries who are typically reading from a script. I've been placed on hold many many times b/c they were trying to get some sort of advice/consultation from possibly a superior. Great for outsourcing our jobs ....

2. honestly, that was a monogram and NOT a company logo. however, it is the buyer's due diligence to research and find out what they're buying. who the f* buys something without looking at something?!

3. you should win your case and should not have the item sent back. BUT, ebay is all about the buyer and you will lose.

4. You just have to suck it up and take the "defective" item back.

5. Never buy items with monograms regardless of the price unless if you can 1. remove and 2. make sure the removal doesn't effect the look of the item

1. Not sure this is correct, I have never spoken to a non-American customer service representative when I have called eBay.
2. Bingo
3. Bingo
4. True
5. After the first time this happened, I now inspect all shirts. I didn't even try to sell the first one I just use it for my mannequin.

namdaemun

Reaction score
1. Not sure this is correct, I have never spoken to a non-American customer service representative when I have called eBay.
2. Bingo
3. Bingo
4. True
5. After the first time this happened, I now inspect all shirts. I didn't even try to sell the first one I just use it for my mannequin.
1. it is. I've called approximately 7-10 times within a year and every time except for 1, I spoke to someone in the Phillipines.
5. Yeah, even if it's a kiton and i don't think i can take off the monogram, I leave it. I've left a few brioni's, isaia's, and rlpl's b/c of this. oh, and light fraying on collar ends. I'm very picky

Yorker

Reaction score
Hey guys, how is this for a main photo? Trying to work with just my iPhone and some crappy lights in my garage.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I currently have a category limit as a newer seller. I was wondering if I paid for an ebay store, would my category limit be removed or do I still have to wait for 25+ feedback + 90 days?

Any way I can call to reduce this?

My inventory is piling up, and I would love to list more.

Also is having a store much more beneficial than just selling at my limit right now? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads