• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
IMHO, if you're worried about tiny details, which I'm sure you are - I'd put the same shoe tree in both shoes. I am assuming you don't have a match, otherwise you would have done this already, but it can be distracting to the eye and takes away from the cohesiveness of the photo. It's one of those things that might subconsciously affect a potential buyer without them even knowing it.
Agreed, just don't have two that are the same that size 13D, bigger then my biggest tree's. The ones in 'fit' but dont really apply any pressure.

That said here are all the photos of this pair if anyone cares. I have gotten into a routine for photos of shoes recently. Missed one shot with the shoes pointing away to the upper left.

Mox C

Reaction score
To my eye, the first image has too much contrast and the second has too little, at least for the main part of the shoe itself. There are photos in the set that I think work well though, like the straight on shots. They have highlights, which the angled natural photo lacks.

How do you have your flash set up for the first image? Is it mounted on your camera? If it's the built-in one, I would skip that. If you have a separate flash, you can get a cord for it and try holding it off to the side. There are also diffusers you snap on to it. The simplest way though, and probably most effective, is to have a piece of white foam-core or similar off to the side and aim the flash back at that so the light bounces off the board and onto the shoes.

I think the natural setup would be fine though, as long as you have a consistent source. You just have to find the right angle for it to get some more contrast.

mjt73106

Reaction score
I use these labels. I bought 1000 about a year ago. His price has gone up a few dollars since.

1000 Self Adhesive Shipping Blank Labels 8.5x5.5 Paypal
I am using the same labels, but they seam to have a problem with my HP LaserJet feeding correctly: Lots of jams. I use the manual feed which is a pain, prior to these I used the higher priced Avery labels that I also found on eBay, but they feed great. Either way, once you start shipping / printing yourself, with a scale you will save a bunch of money and time.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the eBay case for the guy wanting the $25 so he doesn't have to pay the restocking fee was closed by eBay

Quote:
I guess I'm glad that I don't have to pay it, but it's galling that he got the $25 back. They should have told him to eff off.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the eBay case for the guy wanting the $25 so he doesn't have to pay the restocking fee was closed by eBay

I guess I'm glad that I don't have to pay it, but it's galling that he got the $25 back. They should have told him to eff off.

Did you check your paypal account? PP probably paid him back from your account with funds which were put on hold when the buyer made the claim. And since they disregard a no returns policy then I would be surprised if they didn't disregard a restocking fee.

When I received the 32-32 pants back from my recent "item didn't match the description" case I confirmed that my measurements were accurate. What really happened is that Waist32ShitHeadBuyer didn't like the way that BB Madison cut pants fit him. So he lied. And ebay's unspoken Always Find in Favor of the Buyer policy forced a return in a "no returns" auction.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all of the photo talk, I'm a bit disappointed in my new camera. I think I will be returning it and just picking up an SLR when the holiday sales come. After taking some photos with it, I think it's a waste of money to go from my iphone to a mediocre point and shoot (LUMIX ZS19).

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am using the same labels, but they seam to have a problem with my HP LaserJet feeding correctly: Lots of jams. I use the manual feed which is a pain, prior to these I used the higher priced Avery labels that I also found on eBay, but they feed great. Either way, once you start shipping / printing yourself, with a scale you will save a bunch of money and time.
Yes, I put them in one at a time, you have to flip it over to use the other one anyway. If you put more than a couple in the printer, they do get hung up. I have my printer set up right next to my scale, so I weigh....print....peel....stick...insert flipped label....repeat. Works out pretty good that way.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you check your paypal account? PP probably paid him back from your account with funds which were put on hold when the buyer made the claim. And since they disregard a no returns policy then I would be surprised if they didn't disregard a restocking fee.
When I received the 32-32 pants back from my recent "item didn't match the description" case I confirmed that my measurements were accurate. What really happened is that Waist32ShitHeadBuyer didn't like the way that BB Madison cut pants fit him. So he lied. And ebay's unspoken Always Find in Favor of the Buyer policy forced a return in a "no returns" auction.

Crap, now I'm not sure. They set up PayPal so you don't see a running balance so it's hard to tell if you don't know your balance at any one time.

Here's the full text

Quote:
"eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."

Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

Transaction information:
We've removed the hold on this PayPal transaction.

Last edited:

Mox C

Reaction score

Tired out a new pose for the default image. Thoughts?

NEW

Looks good to me!

Crap, now I'm not sure. They set up PayPal so you don't see a running balance so it's hard to tell if you don't know your balance at any one time. 

That sounds to me like eBay is the one paying. I hope so.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads