Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Agreed, just don't have two that are the same that size 13D, bigger then my biggest tree's. The ones in 'fit' but dont really apply any pressure.

That said here are all the photos of this pair if anyone cares. I have gotten into a routine for photos of shoes recently. Missed one shot with the shoes pointing away to the upper left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

To my eye, the first image has too much contrast and the second has too little, at least for the main part of the shoe itself. There are photos in the set that I think work well though, like the straight on shots. They have highlights, which the angled natural photo lacks.

How do you have your flash set up for the first image? Is it mounted on your camera? If it's the built-in one, I would skip that. If you have a separate flash, you can get a cord for it and try holding it off to the side. There are also diffusers you snap on to it. The simplest way though, and probably most effective, is to have a piece of white foam-core or similar off to the side and aim the flash back at that so the light bounces off the board and onto the shoes.

I think the natural setup would be fine though, as long as you have a consistent source. You just have to find the right angle for it to get some more contrast.

3. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Pulling the labels off the shoe trees should solve the most glaring aspect of the mismatch.

4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Can I pause to observe that I just got a return request from a dude in whose shoe order package I included a free shirt?

Carry on.

5. dpanterlis

dpanterlis Member

6. dpanterlis

dpanterlis Member

eBay and Paypal have gotten rediculous lately.

7. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

I am using the same labels, but they seam to have a problem with my HP LaserJet feeding correctly: Lots of jams. I use the manual feed which is a pain, prior to these I used the higher priced Avery labels that I also found on eBay, but they feed great. Either way, once you start shipping / printing yourself, with a scale you will save a bunch of money and time.

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

So the eBay case for the guy wanting the $25 so he doesn't have to pay the restocking fee was closed by eBay

Quote: I guess I'm glad that I don't have to pay it, but it's galling that he got the $25 back. They should have told him to eff off.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Did you check your paypal account? PP probably paid him back from your account with funds which were put on hold when the buyer made the claim. And since they disregard a no returns policy then I would be surprised if they didn't disregard a restocking fee.

When I received the 32-32 pants back from my recent "item didn't match the description" case I confirmed that my measurements were accurate. What really happened is that Waist32ShitHeadBuyer didn't like the way that BB Madison cut pants fit him. So he lied. And ebay's unspoken Always Find in Favor of the Buyer policy forced a return in a "no returns" auction.

10. suited

suited Senior member

With all of the photo talk, I'm a bit disappointed in my new camera. I think I will be returning it and just picking up an SLR when the holiday sales come. After taking some photos with it, I think it's a waste of money to go from my iphone to a mediocre point and shoot (LUMIX ZS19).

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, I put them in one at a time, you have to flip it over to use the other one anyway. If you put more than a couple in the printer, they do get hung up. I have my printer set up right next to my scale, so I weigh....print....peel....stick...insert flipped label....repeat. Works out pretty good that way.

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

14. grendel

grendel Senior member

Crap, now I'm not sure. They set up PayPal so you don't see a running balance so it's hard to tell if you don't know your balance at any one time.

Here's the full text

Quote:

Final decision:
    You were not found at fault.

Transaction information:
    We've removed the hold on this PayPal transaction.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

15. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Looks good to me!

That sounds to me like eBay is the one paying. I hope so.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012