• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Had a guy make me a best offer on a sweater (which was a very low ball offer).  Then, when I countered with a higher price, he initiated negotiating through messages.  When I told him my best price for the item, he started to make up numbers and misquoting what I had previously offered him.  At this point, I chose to end negotiations with him because it was not worth the hassle.  When I did this, he threatened to report me to eBay if I did not continue to negotiate with him, leave negative feedback, and accused me of not being professional!!!  What a character! 

here's his final message to me

"Why did you waiste my time. Now I must report you to e b ay and give negativ e rating. If you said 90.00
I had right to ciunter. Now yiu renegged"

I hate, hate F'ers like that. And I've had my share too; the ones who just get nutty "YOU SAID IT HERE ON WED BUT TUES NIYTE AND NO; I REPORT ALL YOUR BASES BEWRONG TO MEE!".

Can't we just nuke these people from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a guy make me a best offer on a sweater (which was a very low ball offer). Then, when I countered with a higher price, he initiated negotiating through messages. When I told him my best price for the item, he started to make up numbers and misquoting what I had previously offered him. At this point, I chose to end negotiations with him because it was not worth the hassle. When I did this, he threatened to report me to eBay if I did not continue to negotiate with him, leave negative feedback, and accused me of not being professional!!! What a character!

here's his final message to me

"Why did you waiste my time. Now I must report you to e b ay and give negativ e rating. If you said 90.00
I had right to ciunter. Now yiu renegged"

Just block him and ignore him. He has no way to leave you feedback, and Ebay will not take any action for this frivolous of a reason.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got one....

Dear weso0119,

what is total size of bag in inches wxlxd ?
thanks

- wtfdexter

Dear wtfdexter,

You will find in the item specifics section that the bag is approximately 16"x14"x3"

Thanks for looking,
Wes

Dear weso0119,

i see shipping rate to canada is 36$.
Q like to bid on bag but shipping is very hi rate
Q can you wrap bag in garbage bag duck tape it usps regular dont box it no taxes or import charges bag is used . if i win item
thanks..

- wtfdexter

Dear wtfdexter,

The $36 is probably too high. Ebay does not consider my shipping discount. I won't ship in a bag though. A box will provide protection during shipment.

Wes

Dear weso0119,

its a bag what protection fold it just put bubble wrap and duck tape it best protection and lablel label it no more then 20$ shipping rate mark as used item ..

- wtfdexter

Dear wtfdexter,

It is against the law, ebay policy and my store policy for me to falsify customs forms. Sorry, but I will not do that.

I ship all of my items in boxes to provide maximum protection.

Wes

Dear weso0119,

not falsify custom forms or braking the law item is used no import or duties charges on item into canada
just shipping all in .

- wtfdexter

Dear wtfdexter,

I'm pretty sure we are having a language barrier here, though I thought Canadians spoke English quite well. I thought you had asked me to mark the item at no more than $20. That would indeed be falsifying customs forms and therefore be a violation of international law.

Wes

NO.
bubble wrap the item with duck tape and label it USPS dont box it for shipping rate much more money if you box the item
item is used ! rite so there are no duties or taxes or extra charges on used items into canada

At this point, I removed his/her bids and blocked bidding and communications

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wes, I hope you said WHAT THE FCUK DEXTER! somewhere in your communication with him.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys...wwyd in this situation:

Just sold a nice Loro Piana sweater... Hadn't cut the GW tag off until after the sale. Noticed where the tag was there is the slightest of pulls from the tag.

What to do? Do I ship and hope its not a big deal? Do I message the winner and let them know? Ugh...I have an unblemished eBay record and don't want to compromise it.

Thx.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got one....
[COLOR=0000CD]Dear weso0119, what is total size of bag in inches wxlxd ? thanks[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]- wtfdexter[/COLOR] Dear wtfdexter, You will find in the item specifics section that the bag is approximately 16"x14"x3" Thanks for looking, Wes
[TR] [TD][COLOR=0000FF]Dear weso0119, i see shipping rate to canada is 36$. Q like to bid on bag but shipping is very hi rate Q can you wrap bag in garbage bag duck tape it usps regular dont box it no taxes or import charges bag is used . if i win item thanks..[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]- wtfdexter[/COLOR] [/TD] [/TR]
[TR] [TD]Dear wtfdexter, The $36 is probably too high. Ebay does not consider my shipping discount. I won't ship in a bag though. A box will provide protection during shipment. Wes[/TD] [/TR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Dear weso0119, its a bag what protection fold it just put bubble wrap and duck tape it best protection and lablel label it no more then 20$ shipping rate mark as used item ..[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]- wtfdexter[/COLOR]
[TR] [TD] Dear wtfdexter, It is against the law, ebay policy and my store policy for me to falsify customs forms. Sorry, but I will not do that. I ship all of my items in boxes to provide maximum protection. Wes [/TD] [/TR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Dear weso0119, not falsify custom forms or braking the law item is used no import or duties charges on item into canada just shipping all in .[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]- wtfdexter[/COLOR] Dear wtfdexter, I'm pretty sure we are having a language barrier here, though I though Canadians spoke English quite well. I thought you had asked me to mark the item at no more than $20. That would indeed be falsifying customs forms and therefore be a violation of international law. Wes [COLOR=0000FF]NO. bubble wrap the item with duck tape and label it USPS dont box it for shipping rate much more money if you box the item item is used ! rite so there are no duties or taxes or extra charges on used items into canada[/COLOR]
At this point, I removed his/her bids and blocked bidding and communications
In my experience, very poor grammar is often a warning sign of bad things to come. When I get persistent questions worded like that, I usually add the person to my block list right away. I might lose a sale, but it will probably save me a huge headache.
Guys...wwyd in this situation: Just sold a nice Loro Piana sweater... Hadn't cut the GW tag off until after the sale. Noticed where the tag was there is the slightest of pulls from the tag. What to do? Do I ship and hope its not a big deal? Do I message the winner and let them know? Ugh...I have an unblemished eBay record and don't want to compromise it. Thx.
If you can't repair the damage, I would message the seller and provide a photo, while explaining exactly what happened. Make sure you apologize and include the fact that you are willing to issue a full refund immediately.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys...wwyd in this situation:

Just sold a nice Loro Piana sweater... Hadn't cut the GW tag off until after the sale. Noticed where the tag was there is the slightest of pulls from the tag.

What to do? Do I ship and hope its not a big deal? Do I message the winner and let them know? Ugh...I have an unblemished eBay record and don't want to compromise it.

Thx.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you can't repair the damage, I would message the seller and provide a photo, while explaining exactly what happened. Make sure you apologize and include the fact that you are willing to issue a full refund immediately.

Its incredibly slight but I have no idea how to fix. If I offer a refund do I still owe eBay fees?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its incredibly slight but I have no idea how to fix. If I offer a refund do I still owe eBay fees?

You can cancel the transaction and get a refund on the fees.

Quick question:

I have a suit and the inside of the pants are soiled with urine. I don't think cleaning will get the stains out (I tried very briefly). The reason I purchased the suit is because the jacket could be worn as a blazer, and it's also a 100% cashmere Bijan suit. I could sell the blazer alone and be done with it, or I could include the pants and obviously note that they are stained and include photos. I believe, psychologically speaking, even a buyer who intends to throw the pants away will want to pay less for the jacket than they would have if it were sold as a blazer with no pants. The jacket is now "lesser than" because it's part of a suit that someone pissed in. IMO, I'm going to make more money by selling it as a blazer with no pants.

On the other hand, Spoo just sold a Zegna Couture suit with soiled pants for like $375, but it was a pinstripe suit, which changes the game. He basically had to sell it with the pants.

What would you do?

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can cancel the transaction and get a refund on the fees.

Quick question:

I have a suit and the inside of the pants are soiled with urine. I don't think cleaning will get the stains out (I tried very briefly). The reason I purchased the suit is because the jacket could be worn as a blazer, and it's also a 100% cashmere Bijan suit. I could sell the blazer alone and be done with it, or I could include the pants and obviously note that they are stained and include photos. I believe, psychologically speaking, even a buyer who intends to throw the pants away will want to pay less for the jacket than they would have if it were sold as a blazer with no pants. The jacket is now "lesser than" because it's part of a suit that someone pissed in. IMO, I'm going to make more money by selling it as a blazer with no pants.

On the other hand, Spoo just sold a Zegna Couture suit with soiled pants for like $375, but it was a pinstripe suit, which changes the game. He basically had to sell it with the pants.

What would you do?
I've sold with pants, and note in the listing, "pant liner stained, does not affect outer wool". Could also throw a verbiage in their stating "starting price lower in consideration of stain" This will counter the physiological belief of having to pay less...or you could just donate pants and seller as Sport Coat. But easy way to determine is ask yourself, which one can I earn more from, Suit or SC sale? If you believe s a suit, then try your hand at it. Worse case, you re-list it as a SC, and delete photos of pants.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've sold with pants, and note in the listing, "pant liner stained, does not affect outer wool". Could also throw a verbiage in their stating "starting price lower in consideration of stain" This will counter the physiological belief of having to pay less...or you could just donate pants and seller as Sport Coat. But easy way to determine is ask yourself, which one can I earn more from, Suit or SC sale? If you believe s a suit, then try your hand at it. Worse case, you re-list it as a SC, and delete photos of pants.
While working in the restoration industry, I did a lot of carpet repair and cleaning. We were taught to never use the words "Stain" or "Dirt". We replaced them with "Spot" and "Soil"...it's a psychological thing....even though they are essentially the same words.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hate to be a dick in the help thread, but hey....it's Monday.

This topic has been discussed on about every third page through this entire thread. Do we all really have to weigh in again, or could you just read up on it.

But seriously, this thread is packed full of valuable information if you just take the time to read through it.
@jdrizzy

Sorry for my response this morning. I strangled 3 people at work since then and feel much better now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads