1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Use the form at the Post Office. Much easier. I've always had problems trying to print it for APO addresses...

2. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Thanks, does it look like page 3 of this: https://about.usps.com/forms/ps2976a.pdf ? Would be nice if I could just print it here and get it done. If there is a simpler form at the PO I'll just wait until Monday.

3. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Horsebit floral pattern, or are those not horsebits?

[​IMG]

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Seems like that would work. I usually grab a stack at the PO once every so often.

5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I usually cover all the bases with bridle / horse bit / stirrup (which those more resemble to me)... Hermes?

And a fake-as-fuck Hermes on a paper plate...

6. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Simple BB Makers actually!

[​IMG]

7. TheNeedMachine

Oh, nice! I think BB, Hermes and maybe some Ferragamo have the market cornered on nice horse-tack-type ties.

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Agreed, I was actually quite impressed with it. My first thought was Hermes, slightly saddened it was BB, but better than a no name brand. $1.99!

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Looks like a real Hermes scarf tie to me, though I only glanced quickly on my phone so maybe I missed something.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  10. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

I think negative feedback here was definitely warranted....

11. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Can't be fake, ½ the price is going to an Evangelical Church... I think that breaks at least 3 commandments

12. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Question for anyone with experience or advice.
    Sold a woman's belt. Buyer paid 2nd day with instant payment(not sure how that works).
    Address was paypal verified, shipped it off the next day(payment was late at night).
    Tracking shows went out for delivery, BUSINESS OUT OF BUSINESS NOTICE LEFT. Not sure if they will send it back or what.
    I checked out the receipt and see buyer is NON US verified(address in California).
    If the item is returned by USPS do I contact and attempt to resend or just refund?

I hope, somehow, the buyer can pick it up. I don't even know what the notice left said.

Sidenote, not to sound like a chauvinist but facts are facts, this was the third of a 3 women's belts sold.
    This was the fastest payer which is a poor record.
    Auction ended one night, she paid, not next day but the day after late at night. Usually, I send invoice at that point and was about to when payment received.
    The other two belts were, invoice sent after 2 full days of non payment. Contact made after another 4 days to check up and make note that I would open non payment case but give them 2 more days at least(8 days min).
    1 paid 1 day after contact(6 days after auction), the other 2 days after I opened non payment, 10 days.

That is piss poor.

13. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Follow up, it states
    Order Status: CANCELLED in paypal, wtf?
    Has an issue refund link next to it. Is this some foreigner scamming? Says non US Verified.
    I want to wait for item to be returned or at least know USPS is returning it before refunding.
    Is that the proper action?

Thanks for any thoughts.

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Call eBay and ask them, they aren't going to hide from you what is going on but you have to ask first.

15. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

16. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Senior member

Have people started listing Shorts and Hawaiian shirts yet? I always feel out of sync with the rest of the country weather wise due to living in the PNW.

17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I've sold at least 25 aloha shirts this year. Seems to be picking up in the last couple of weeks.

18. TheNeedMachine

That tag...

[​IMG]

Versus...:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. stevent

stevent Senior member

Anyone know if you can purchase insurance at post office for a label printed online? Have an international package over $500 so can't get insurance online but would want to get online savings (eBay doesn't have EMS option). Or do you have to get both insurance and label together at post office?

20. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Got a buyer with zero feedback, account opened in Jan of this year. Proceed with caution? Is eBay more likely to side with me (100+ positive) should he try something funny?