• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stewie

Reaction score

Riddle me why I have so many watchers and views on this so-so tweed... what am I missing? I know the bidding isn't very high, but was not expecting such an audience. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321287193516&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
36S and 38S always bring high watchers for me.
Yeah, I'm going to start picking up more decent finds in that size. It's hard to find and I think it might have to do that many people looking are parents for their kids or college kids/new grads for themselves, so they're tech savvy and want to save money. Wes, is it just the S sizes for you or the regs as well?
Think about when you go to better department stores and look for the smaller sizes..the size 36 and 38 choices just aren't there. So, you have the smaller guys looking...which includes the Asian market as well which doesn't hurt either. Also, Snoogz pics are excellent which always helps as well!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, I'm a 38 and I used to weigh 10 pounds less when I graduated college and was looking for clothes. I had to buy dress pants from the children's section...

Stewie

Reaction score
So, when posting shoes that are brand new...do we lace them, or leave them alone?

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think about when you go to better department stores and look for the smaller sizes..the size 36 and 38 choices just aren't there. So, you have the smaller guys looking...which includes the Asian market as well which doesn't hurt either.

Also, Snoogz pics are excellent which always helps as well!
Thank you. Also when looking at department, I wouldn't know what its like to look for smaller sizes
lol8[1].gif
. I skipped all sizes in the 30's when growing up I think.

So, when posting shoes that are brand new...do we lace them, or leave them alone?
Depends on how I receive them. If one is laced, the other is not, I'll have both laced. If they are both unlaced and tied into a single bow laying across the tongue, I'll usually leave them.

Stewie

Reaction score
nevermind..stupid question

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I listed so many freaking things today. Caught up on like 3 weeks worth of stuff. Man slacking hurts.

Now I understand why you guys pass on so much "good" stuff. It took me forever to take pictures and put things up. My system's getting better though and now with templates, it should be even faster, but hot damn.

Also, I'm sad that these have almost no traction. Any advice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201015732415?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I listed so many freaking things today. Caught up on like 3 weeks worth of stuff. Man slacking hurts.

Now I understand why you guys pass on so much "good" stuff. It took me forever to take pictures and put things up. My system's getting better though and now with templates, it should be even faster, but hot damn.

Also, I'm sad that these have almost no traction. Any advice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201015732415?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Id try a side angle shot for your gallery.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks spoo. The price isn't outta line is it? I figured I'd get a 150 best offer and take it...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks spoo. The price isn't outta line is it? I figured I'd get a 150 best offer and take it...

Youre talking to the wrong guy about BINs :laugh: $139 BIN if I had to guess though. I dont really believe in OBO at all unless its super high end watch/car/bag etc.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, damn. I figured you'd just throw them up at 9.99 auction and watch the fireworks!

I know an SF affiliate sells these for 299ish new, so I figured 100 bucks off for a try on pair was fair. I suppose I'll see how it plays out when they go back on again.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Youre talking to the wrong guy about BINs :laugh: $139 BIN if I had to guess though. I dont really believe in OBO at all unless its super high end watch/car/bag etc.

This makes a lot of sense. A lot of sellers list items well above market value, then don't accept reasonable offers. As a buyer I tried OBO a few times, and gave up on it very quickly.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have an item sold to Korea buyer and can't print EMS on eBay so go to USPS and it won't let me print without a phone number? Can I just put a filler one? Contacted buyer but it's a zero feedback buyer and not sure when I'll hear back.

Get so OCD when everything is all packed and one item is just sitting there waiting

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey man, at least you can print shipping. My ISP is on the fritz and I can't print shipping from the ebay app on my iphone. Naturally, this was also the biggest week I've had in six months and almost everyone has paid already.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, my internet went down in middle of a few day trades a few weeks ago could have been back but luckily nothing moved too much

And this is bugging me since it's a PO Box so once there is box in address it requires phone number, otherwise it doesn't ask

edit: just put it in as PO B ox and it worked. Software seems to just target box

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads