• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, so I sold a jersey to a guy in Canada, cliffnotes:

- After sale buyer requested a change in shipping. He did not want to pay the additional charges via Global Shipping.
- I cancelled the sale and relisted the item at our agreed price and sent via First Class to Canada.
- After he recieved the item, he complained about shipping. And then after I showed him the shipping cost he then stated the jersey was too short.
- I asked him to return and he did not want to pay the return shipping. So we agreed to discount the item by $10 and let him keep the jersey.
- He then left negative feedback on the original listing and positive feedback on the listing that we completed the transaction.

Question is: Can I have ebay remove the feedback on the original listing since we did not complete a transaction there?
WTF!? Call ebay.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is there any free software that compares to lightroom? ill be using my phone camera for the time being..

I think picasa is pretty good as well.

I think photography forums are more up on this though, so if you google free photo editing software etc, you should get hits with reviews there. A lot of them have been pretty extensively tested on those forums/blogs as well.

GHo

Reaction score
Cap - what's a good number to get ebay CS? I have a feedback issue that they won't acknowledge via messages.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think photography forums are more up on this though, so if you google free photo editing software etc, you should get hits with reviews there. A lot of them have been pretty extensively tested on those forums/blogs as well.
Anybody tried Gimp?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use IrfanView for cropping, rotating, resizing, some basic color editing etc. It's got a lot of features and it was free when I got it. I also have PhotoShop Elements only cuz I got it free (gift, not pirated), which came bundled with Premiere Elements (for video) and I'll use it for more in-depth muckery.

Go to the contact ebay page and get your case pin number. Call the number provided on the same screen.

Argh you just nailed one of my pet peeves! PIN number! Redundant!
smack.gif

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought something BIN on January 2, paid instantly, and it was not shipped until late afternoon January 7 (I won't get it until the 10th). Is this a legit reason to leave negative feedback? Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought something BIN on January 2, paid instantly, and it was not shipped until late afternoon January 7 (I won't get it until the 10th). Is this a legit reason to leave negative feedback? Is there anything else I can do?
Did the seller contact you at all to let you know that was going to be the case?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would look at the original listing to see what their quoted handling time was - if it said 1 or 2 days and it took them 5 days (or 4 days if you count it as "next business day"), I would only give a lower star rating on the "how quickly did the seller ship the item" category if that's your only gripe...and how long it takes USPS to deliver should not be part of the equation. If their quoted handling time was 3 or 4 days, or longer, then you wouldn't really have grounds to leave a lower rating, from a buyer and seller's point of view. I believe an overall negative should be reserved for when things really go wrong - get ripped off, wrong item, not as described and won't do a return or refund, etc.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double-post, sorry: consensus on shipping to an address other than the one registered on eBay - don't do it? Make exceptions on occasion? Buyer paid and asked me to send to a different address - same city & state so probably a person who never got around to updating eBay / PayPal address...but it's a $200 sale and I don't want to be on the hook...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Double-post, sorry:  consensus on shipping to an address other than the one registered on eBay - don't do it?  Make exceptions on occasion?  Buyer paid and asked me to send to a different address - same city & state so probably a person who never got around to updating eBay / PayPal address...but it's a $200 sale and I don't want to be on the hook...

refund, resubmit invoice, ask to pay with new address - no exception.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What was their stated handling time?

"Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment"

Did the seller contact you at all to let you know that was going to be the case?

No

I would look at the original listing to see what their quoted handling time was - if it said 1 or 2 days and it took them 5 days (or 4 days if you count it as "next business day"), I would only give a lower star rating on the "how quickly did the seller ship the item" category if that's your only gripe...and how long it takes USPS to deliver should not be part of the equation.  If their quoted handling time was 3 or 4 days, or longer, then you wouldn't really have grounds to leave a lower rating, from a buyer and seller's point of view.  I believe an overall negative should be reserved for when things really go wrong - get ripped off, wrong item, not as described and won't do a return or refund, etc.

Thanks. This is a huge seller with ~85k feedback. I may wind up leaving neutral feedback. We'll see.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
refund, resubmit invoice, ask to pay with new address - no exception.

Will do - thank you.

Thanks. This is a huge seller with ~85k feedback. I may wind up leaving neutral feedback. We'll see.

I had some purchases delayed due to the severe winter weather - people could not physically leave their houses or drive on the roads to ship things, so might give the benefit of the doubt...unless it came from a place obviously not affected. A lot of times when in doubt or it wasn't an inconvenience to me (I didn't need it by a specific date) I opt not to leave any feedback at all, and drop them a note stating why...of course being more of a seller than a buyer I'm more sensitive to how feedback is left and perceived.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads