1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Well damn. I'm no rock scientist, but that seems like a pretty alright deal.

Speaking of random ebay supplies (and sorry for bringing this up again...feel like it gets talked about every 5 pages or so), I use 12x15 poly bags for shirts, sweaters, pants, etc. but I'd like to find some cheap-ish options for coats/suits. Is 15x18 a good size for that? I can get a sport coat in a 12x15, but I hate how smashed up it gets.

2. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

in for answer. i use the free priority mail envelopes for shirts, sweaters, pants.

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

2 people like this.
  4. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

These work well for me
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/360798236043?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Inside out, folded once over, first in there perfectly except one 52 XLG I've shipped which I had to do a tri-fold

1 person likes this.
  5. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I use this guy for Poly bags:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/goodusa?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754

6. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

7. My Main Man

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I sent him a nice message yesterday, apologizing yet again. He says he will contact Ebay later today or tomorrow to see about removing the feedback. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure this is something they would consider removing. I'll call Ebay on Monday if he doesn't get it removed by then.

9. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

Just checking in a first non payment and if I have done everything I should prior to reporting the buyer. The item ended on 3/2. Buyer has not paid yet. I usually give at least a day before sending anything just so they don't feel like I am nagging.

Followed up on the 4th with an invoice. Then sent a message yesterday on the 6th. Still no response. Anything I should do before reporting this buyer?

10. My Main Man

Don't report the buyer. On the right hand side in your 'My Selling' page, find the item and click More Options. Then click 'Resolve a Problem'. Select 'I sold an item and haven't received my payment yet.' and click continue. Buyer will have a few days to pay. If he/she doesn't, you get your fees back and you can relist.

2 people like this.
  11. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

thanks @My Main Man

I appreciate the help. that sounded familiar but i didnt look deep enough.

1 person likes this.
  12. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I e-thrifted a 100% Cashmere HF jacket for like 10 bucks. Got it today but the guy put the Goodwill price tag in with the shipment. I don't really care, but why would you do this?

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Did he make any money on it?

14. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Maybe? The jacket was 5 bucks. It cost me 10.50 with 12.50 shipping. So between those two, after fees, he probably made about 10 bucks.

1 person likes this.
  15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Cross-post to label thread.

Made in Italy... ??? Looks close but nothing 100%. Anyone know? Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

Any tips as far as listing title to stand out among others dropping names?

For instance Belvest. I have a few real ones but it seems a decent amount of people put it in the title when its not actually the brand in question.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Use a collage for the title image using the tag as well as a picture of the jacket on a mannequin?

18. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Weird....

I need to avoid women's shoes.

I was selling a couple pair of SF ladies shoes on a whim and they apparently don't sell very well. They sold for $2.74 + shipping.

I got this response. Seems weird...

"Hi, please send me invoice of $2.74 only without shipping fee ( just choose local pick up to make shipping 0), , if you need to add small handling fee feel free to do so, I will send you a prepaid shipping label to ship the shoes to me. You just need to print out the label and drop package at the post office . Thank you very much for your cooperation. Will leave positive Feedback !
    You can check my feedbacks I have a tons of happy sellers! "

I wrote back that I had already packaged them in the flat rate medium box and would prefer not to have to find a new box, repackage and such. If she didn't want to pay the invoice as per the auction, no hard feelings and I'll cancel the auction (and donate the shoes).

She gets my home number from ebay and calls to say that she can will send me a medium flat rate shipping label to use.

Is there a scam where people get you to print a fake shipping label, and you get arrested for fraud of the USPS?

19. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Following up: I get an email from her to go to mediafire and get a screencap of what appears to be a legit mailing label from me to her with a tracking number.

I'm guessing that either:

1) She has a business that gets much better rates on shipping and wants to save a few bucks.
    or
    2) This is fake...

Suppose I'll check with the USPS to see if they have any way of knowing the validity of the label.

20. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I'd be most concerned that eBay is giving out your home number WTC?