1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

@steve smith

Gotta love a case of buyer's remorse... Would rather deal with it then rather than ship and have the buyer make up something to get a refund tbh though.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

Go to the resolution center to open a case. You are supposed to talk it out with the seller first but if no solution arises you can ask eBay to make a final decision.

3. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Don't worry, you'll win no matter what. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a 35" inseam measure to be a 30" or less. He either described it incorrectly in his listing and/or had these hemmed, therefore, NOT NWT

Go to the resolution center and go from there IF he doesn't want to handle this between the two of u. and DO NOT mention anything about feedback. That's feedback extortion and could hurt your case

4. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Questions for ppl sending items OVER $1,000

Sending an item that was purchased for over $1K+

So, if I'm using USPS and sending as priority, which of the 2 insurances should I use? Has anyone had to file an insurance claim and received their money back?

Spoo? Wes? Eddie?

5. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Hopefully someone here has the answer. Buttons on men's side, but number sizing. Boyfriend shirt? I have seen this on regular POLO and passed, I don't usually pass on Rugby.
    So is this men's or women's?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks y'all.

6. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Staples has ink for about $45 on sale for the high yield a few times a year. I have same printer, probably best $99 I've spent in a while.

Fedex isn't more expensive then USPS a lot of times, especially for higher value items when USPS insurance adds up. Fedex account or through PayPal / eBay both have discounts too

Anything over $400 I send with Fedex. Takes about double the time for priority but worth the peace of mind. They also deliver on Saturdays and have hold at location which is why I choose them over UPS. They also do pickup as well though you might have to pay.

1 person likes this.
  8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Almost time for a new printer for me.

Any recs on the best possible Mac compatible laser printer there is?

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

It connects to USB too :D

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I also don't notice any timing difference between a wireless print job and a wired print job.

Prints in like 20 seconds flat, from click to print job finish

13. SpooPoker

Thats what I'm talking about. Will check it out. Thank you again man.

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

:slayer:

Seriously, the best printer ever. Extremely reliable.

And if it ever bites the dust 5 years down the road, pfft....chuck and it get a new one for frickin 99 bucks!

I used to own the non-wireless version and recently upgraded to the wireless one. (AKA you don't know what you're missing out on!)

15. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

may have to cop

What are the other reasons why you love this?

16. SCoNE

SCoNE Senior member

There's a pair of NWOB Ferragamo treaded sole oxfords at Marshalls on clearance for $100. The only thing throwing me off is the treaded soles. Worth it anyway?

[​IMG]

Edit: Tried finding similar on ebay/google but couldn't figure out how to specify the tread and didn't have any luck

17. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

ummm...

fast as hell
    good BW print quality
    cheap as hell
    wireless capability
    did i miss anything?

18. razl

razl Senior member

+1 - I've had an earlier model, the Brother HL-2170W, sitting here for -what - 3+ years? Bulletproof, fast, reliable, never a problem. My wife's a litigator who's still more comfortable marking up paper than online so she prints a lot. It's one of those things that's just been such a solid little troublefree workhorse that I forget about it, which is a good thing.

1 person likes this.
  19. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

+1 on the Brother. Expanded toner cartridges are very reasonable on amazon and last forever. Those with inkjets should seriously reconsider.

20. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

I requested photos of the packaging and the damage and he could provide neither, which is odd, and now wishes to keep the jacket but estimates cleaning/repair at $25 (for a jacket bought for $40)
    I will be refunding him today because it isnt worth my time to deal with it, but I think this is bullshit. Oh well.
    By the way, he is an actor living in Beverly Hills. Not one I have heard of, but his $3mill home suggests he gets work. Go figure. I wonder if CottonDockers knows of him?