1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I've been running into this off and on as well...sometimes it won't even tab down to the next one, and other times it won't pre fill brands.

Also, My "country / region of Manufacture" was updated recently, and won't fill in unless I delete and re-choose the option again...

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It won't tab down unless you've edited another item in the same category once before in your folder already. Once you edit one shoe, you can tab through the rest of the shoes you are working on.

3. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Spoo I know you use garagesale, any equivalent programs for PC? I'm not sure about turbolister, might give it a chance.

4. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Ebays Turbo Lister sucks.

5. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

That's the general consensus ha, any suggestions?

6. TDClothiers

TDClothiers Member

This is a great thread. I gave been buying and selling on ebay for over 10 years in Canada. I have found it getting more difficult over the years to make a decent profit. What has worked for me however is to concentrate on customer service as much as possible. While you won't make everybody happy 100% of the time you will get more repeat customers.

Thomas

7. TDClothiers

TDClothiers Member

I gave up on turbo lister a couple years ago. Seems to still suck I guess.

8. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Did you just upgrade to the latest rev they released yesterday?

I've had to quit the program, start the program, re-download categories and info from ebay.

9. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I meant 241X. Need to not post when I'm on the way out......good thing I don't drink.

10. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

whats even better is that the same buyer wants the blue one I'm posting Thursday, if I'll take $725 even. I explained I had a bidder on the gray one drop out at 800 and a 2nd bidder drop out at $833.

If he'll come up to $750 though, it will be a discount for being a repeat buyer. [​IMG]

So on an investment of $14 +$8 dry cleaning + $10 bespoke Norton & Son moth eaten orphan I bought because the buttons matched the Kiton, I get 3 kiton suits that sell for over $2000+, and a Paul Stuart custom-made (don't know if Samuelsohn or Adrian Jules) that I gifted.

I'm thinking of quitting because I'm unlikely to repeat this. I don't know anyone down here that sells sulka with 14K buttons so I'm unlikely to find one hanging out in my local GW.

1 person likes this.
  11. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

hey guys, had a seller contact me about a shirt not fitting. what is the best manner of handling this. they mentioned that they've purchased a few shirts of the same make and size before. but supposedly the one i sold measures SIGNIFICANTLY out of proportion to what he expected. I did specify the tagged size but also specifically measured the p2p, arm, and length of shirt all in my listing.

any suggestions on what i should do? I specify no returns in my listing as well.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I did, still same thing. Checked current version, turned off and on. Odd. Just checked it for upload, no errors, so lets see. Maybe ebay reduced their mandatory fields?

I used turbolister before I got my Mac.

I think I still have auctions uploading from there.

No! This is that uncut heroin that you keep chasing through the rest of your addiction. Aint no high as good as the first, but you're sure as shit gonna try.

Thats pretty cut and dry buyers remorse. Id tell them to open a case in the resolution center if that was me. Id gamble all the beans in the can thats a no brainer win for you.

13. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Hey.......Anybody handled much Zegna outerwear? I'm getting ready to list a cashmere lined car coat that seems to copy some of the Loro Piana stuff.

PM me if you know this line of coats.

14. SpooPoker

Of course. Theres no separate line of outerwear though.. not sure what you mean by line?

15. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

Awesome, thanks Spoo!

He even specifically stated " If you will not take it back, how do I take advantage of the eBay guarantee?"

I'll direct him to the resolution center. Is it just a matter of him opening up a case? I assume this will alert me and ebay will contact me?

16. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Ah, when I picked this up, I thought it was part of the Zegna Elements line, but Elements isn't on any of the tags/ nomenclature. This could have preceded that branding though. Just trying to figure out how to list it without Using zegna elements, which is what I wanted to use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  17. jackrosecat

jackrosecat New Member

woo! thank you share, i like them

18. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Hey look what showed up after being shuttled back and forth between NY and FL four (count 'em FOUR) times over the course of two months...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. DanM

DanM Senior member

My record is 290X I think. Bought a lot of pants, which included a pair of Kiton dress trousers, for what averaged out to $.43 each. Sold the Kitons for $125.

Also sold 2x Brioni and a pair of LP out of the same lot for ~$100 each :)

20. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

That's big time. A couple of years ago I found $546 inside an old no-namey tweed jacket I bought for $7. Still have the jacket even though it is not my size. I hated to sell such a lucky sport coat.

1 person likes this.