1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Timing

If you open a case in the Resolution Center about an item you didn't receive or that didn't match the seller's description, you have a limited amount of time to take some actions. Be sure to follow these time guidelines.
    Opening a case

• If you haven't received an item: You can open a case after the estimated delivery date has passed. You must open a case within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.
    • If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description: You can open a case no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date.
    If no estimated delivery date is available, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from the payment date for transactions between a buyer and seller in the same country, and 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries.
    The seller has 3 business days from the time you open the case to resolve the issue.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yep, just found it. I think it was 45 days about 3 years ago. lol

To me it sounds like you are in the clear. I mean, he could theoretically have worn it every day since delivery and wore a hole in it.

1 person likes this.
  3. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Yep. 30 days. (Don't know why it puts the background behind the policy stuff I cut from ebay.)

What would you do? It is a Harris Tweed so I guess the hole could be hard to see. refund would be about $50.

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I'm a pretty nice guy usually. I'd probably cave and take the return most of the time.

BUT, it has been 38 days. He easily could have caused damage to the item in that amount of time.

5. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

That's the way I'm leaning too, but I would like to get an acknowledgement that I don't have to refund it.

Sounds petty, but I've looked over the photos and blown them up and can't see anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Just curious, but why take pictures with a lower depth of field?

7. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

your question implies that I know how to change the depth of field. I've used that effect intentionally on a few detail shots, but I change lenses to get it.

These are blown up from a full length body shot. The photos all look in focus when seen in full.

8. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Ah, gotcha. Didn't read the spoiler tag when I clicked it.

---

I remember reading about this awhile ago but forgot about it. Was lurking jebarne's listings (lol) when something clicked. The Patagonia Common Threads program is free publicity for used Patagonia items sold on ebay. I haven't used it yet, but will for the next Patagonia item I sell.

9. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Am I missing something with this? Got a message about these shoes:
    Quote: Does that seem consistent with the soles?

[​IMG]

10. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

The person is an idiot that has no idea what he's talking about.

3 people like this.
  11. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

12. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Block him from bidding

13. Nell

Nell Senior member

Thanks Steve. I called ebay and spoke to a dispute rep who agreed that I accurately represented the color and "made a note" that the case is likely buyer's remorse last night. This morning, the case was settled in his favor...It's not the financial lose that bothers me, as I'll get as much or more from a new sale, but the attitude ebay empowers buyers to treat sellers with. Regardless, should have listened to the vets here...

14. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Don't even respond to the message and block him.

1 person likes this.
  15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Those are noiceeee!
    Want...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  16. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Some AE shoes have the stitching not covered, but recessed into a very shallow groove. When they're done that way, the stitches wearing away is a sign the soles have a good bit of wear to them. That's what this person thinks is the case. But not all AE soles are done that way. Many, especially in recent years, are just sewn right on top of the sole leather. In that case, the stitching will start to wear after just a few wearings like these.

17. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I'm not forgetting anything. Ebay owns paypal, so basic interfaces between the two should be compatible.

18. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Basic interfaces are compatible...

19. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'm curious if this makes a difference in terms of how long things last or not. Does the stitching still hold if it's worn off at the bottom?

Sorry for the newbish question!

20. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Stitching isn't the only thing holding the soles on. They also use very strong glue across the entire sole. I've had lots of shoes where the stitching wore away and the soles didn't separate on any of them until the soles were very worn and ready to be replaced anyway.

1 person likes this.