• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone posted here (or the brag thread) yet another collar / stain treatment...couple months back, not gonna try to find the OP. Anyway, am giving it a go. Picked up some Gant Rugger rugby shirts that were very nice save for collar yellow - guess the guy didn't bathe much. Trying it on one shirt tonight: 1 part Dawn dish washing liquid, 2 parts hydrogen peroxide, add a few tablespoons of baking soda to give it some scrubbing power...wet, scrub, (then drench in Zout which is my own twist), wrap in a bag and let sit overnight. Launder tomorrow...assuming I didn't just mix up a lethal cocktail that will explode or gas me whilst I sleep.
Will post results, unless I've croaked, in which case Wes can have my tweeds, Fueco can have my Arc'teryx, and Spoo can have my car books and funeral bill.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that Org's grandmothers treatment tip?

ellsbebc

Reaction score
Someone posted here (or the brag thread) yet another collar / stain treatment...couple months back, not gonna try to find the OP. Anyway, am giving it a go. Picked up some Gant Rugger rugby shirts that were very nice save for collar yellow - guess the guy didn't bathe much. Trying it on one shirt tonight: 1 part Dawn dish washing liquid, 2 parts hydrogen peroxide, add a few tablespoons of baking soda to give it some scrubbing power...wet, scrub, (then drench in Zout which is my own twist), wrap in a bag and let sit overnight. Launder tomorrow...assuming I didn't just mix up a lethal cocktail that will explode or gas me whilst I sleep.
Will post results, unless I've croaked, in which case Wes can have my tweeds, Fueco can have my Arc'teryx, and Spoo can have my car books and funeral bill.

Yes, was def Org's

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought it was a link that someone got from their Mom (was definitely a link, just don't remember who posted it nor when - around end of Oct). Either way, picked out one item to try it on, and if a no-go I am never again grabbing anything that needs work and will be donating a sizable pile.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since you mention this, I should let you guys know.

My wife asked me not long ago, what she should do with my inventory if I were to die unexpectedly in a car accident or something. I gave her a few email addresses as well as a handful of usernames for some of you who I know would be willing to help her out. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought it was a link that someone got from their Mom (was definitely a link, just don't remember who posted it nor when - around end of Oct).  Either way, picked out one item to try it on, and if a no-go I am never again grabbing anything that needs work and will be donating a sizable pile. 

The regular oxyclean treatment has always worked for me. Concentrated oxyclean in very hot water. Soak for 24 hours then launder.
For white or blue shirts blueing is great for making them really bright too. Think I saw that tip on anaffordablewardrobe and it really works.

ScottW

Reaction score
The "treatment" I've been using is the one that's often linked from Put This On- diluted distilled white vinegar, then concentrated oxyclean paste, then soak in normal oxyclean dilution before laundering. It works well but unfortunately it leaves MOP buttons kind of chalky. Is that from the vinegar? Will oxyclean by itself, or Org's Dawn/H2O2 treatment, turn MOPs chalky? And regardless of how MOPs became chalky in the first place, is there a method to restore their normal lustre?

joshmick

Reaction score
I feel like I should have run into this issue a long time ago, but it's the first time it's happened to me, and I'm not sure how to handle it:

I ordered some mailers off ebay (only 17bucks with shipping, so I'm not overly concerned either way) and the box was stolen off my porch. Who is responsible?

Thanks in advance!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just won a case against me for that exact situation.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
hey guys, i sold an item and the winner did buy it now but did not pay yet. it has been about 4 days now. should i be concerned or send a note to the buyer?

Lirum

Reaction score
hey guys, i sold an item and the winner did buy it now but did not pay yet. it has been about 4 days now. should i be concerned or send a note to the buyer?

Absolutely send a note.

Lirum

Reaction score
This is a weird request, but I realize I'm not rotating my pipes nearly enough. So I'm in the market for some billiard (straight, not curved) pipes. Keep in mind I'm a college student on a budget, but I have a good bit of non-listed stuff to trade too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads