• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Record week for me. Just under 1k in sales without putting as much effort as I could, but more than I have in the past. Really gets me excited and motivated to keep on getting my listings up, and getting out on the field to find more awesome stuff.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right?

gerbilunit

Reaction score
hey guys, i just made a sale, but should i be concerned?

the seller has the name "e.b.a.y.00" with zero feedback but according to their account, they have been with ebay since sept 23,2012.

the shipping label pulls up what seems to be a legit address and name.

CharlesStreet

Reaction score
You shouldn't be too concerned.

Ebay protects you a lot of the times even though there's that chance of getting scammed.

If everything seems legit then go ahead and ship the item but take extra measures to assure protection towards you.

Obviously get a tracking number. Take multiple pictures. Take a picture of the package if you can.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the seller has the name "e.b.a.y.00" with zero feedback but according to their account, they have been with ebay since sept 23,2012.

I've sold to people with a zero feedback score without issue - they had positive feedback but it was from items over a year ago or whatever the cutoff is. If PayPal says it's OK to ship, no reason not to (since you have seller protection if PayPal says go ahead and ship). If you're concerned, wait 48 hours to ship, as that's the window PayPal might message you saying they're reviewing the transaction - I've had a couple of those but turned out to be OK after all.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only issue I've ever had with zero-feedback folks is non-payment. If you get past that, I think you'll be okay.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
I've sold to people with a zero feedback score without issue - they had positive feedback but it was from items over a year ago or whatever the cutoff is. If PayPal says it's OK to ship, no reason not to (since you have seller protection if PayPal says go ahead and ship). If you're concerned, wait 48 hours to ship, as that's the window PayPal might message you saying they're reviewing the transaction - I've had a couple of those but turned out to be OK after all.

The only issue I've ever had with zero-feedback folks is non-payment. If you get past that, I think you'll be okay.
thanks guys, i was a little hesitant but upon winning the auction they paid immediately. thanks again for the sanity check.

Lirum

Reaction score

Everyone has to start with zero feedback at one point. Not much you can do but honor it anyways. Being a new seller, I would place an emphasis on communication about when you'll ship/when you have shipped. Anything you can do to make the transaction as easy as possible on his end; he may have purchased things before but the buyer didn't leave feedback, but he may be completely new and not yet know the ropes.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Everyone has to start with zero feedback at one point. Not much you can do but honor it anyways. Being a new seller, I would place an emphasis on communication about when you'll ship/when you have shipped. Anything you can do to make the transaction as easy as possible on his end; he may have purchased things before but the buyer didn't leave feedback, but he may be completely new and not yet know the ropes.
i was actually thinking about messaging the seller, but i could have sworn that if you message a buyer, it affects the feedback in some way. any clues?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was actually thinking about messaging the seller, but i could have sworn that if you message a buyer, it affects the feedback in some way. any clues?

Nope, almost every major sellers sends follow up emails to each customer. Most are just automated, I do the same but for a recent zero feedback buyer from Canada. I actually wrote her a note welcoming her to eBay and since she paid international shipping charges of $25 and it only cast $7.80 to send it I refunded her $17.20. Haven't heard back or received feedback yet though.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am lost with this, I don't understand Jim I am not a pointy eared Vulcan speak English dammit!
biggrin.gif

edit: What I meant if you didn't get my humor (my wife says nobody does...)
Are you (a) showing off one of your listings to show how you have improved << WINNER

edit 2: Okay I followed your signature link and see that this is your listing. So I am not sure how you are saying you improved, here are the possibilities:

1. You wouldn't pick up a Mani again and you are just selling it to lose money so you can gain feedback.
2. Showing your listing pictures (which are great by the way)

I realize I am just a small timer, but unless you want to actually pay for feedback my suggestion in the future for an item like that is to re-donate it and take the tax write off or start your auction at a price point where you are not losing money. It looks like you are probably paying someone to take that off your hands (9.99 - (initial cost) - (ebay fee) - (paypal fee) - (shipping) != profit ). I have done the same, but wouldn't today.

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score
I am lost with this, I don't understand Jim I am not a pointy eared Vulcan speak English dammit!
biggrin.gif

edit: What I meant if you didn't get my humor (my wife says nobody does...)
Are you (a) showing off one of your listings to show how you have improved,(b) are you showing off an e-thrift, or (c) are you making fun of someones listing. None of the three would be obvious to me so seriously asking and not trying to be a jerk (again my wife will tell you that it is me not you).

Second one. No way in hell would I have kopped that now: dated as hell, three stains, buttons don't match, pictures are lol, additional description isn't descriptive. But if it wasn't for this and the other thread, I wouldn't know why any of that mattered.

lol man I got the humor; no worries.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second one. No way in hell would I have kopped that now: dated as hell, three stains, buttons don't match, pictures are lol, additional description isn't descriptive. But if it wasn't for this and the other thread, I wouldn't know why any of that mattered.

lol man I got the humor; no worries.

I agree, I saw one of your first posts with your home made mannequin and figured you would eventually do well. Anyone willing to put in that kind of work can get to a high level. I just noticed the stains as well, holy crap the fact that you sold that at all is a miracle!

Lirum

Reaction score
I agree, I saw one of your first posts with your home made mannequin and figured you would eventually do well. Anyone willing to put in that kind of work can get to a high level. I just noticed the stains as well, holy crap the fact that you sold that at all is a miracle!

Thanks! I'm actually worried that the buyer may come back on me.

The mannequin was another guy though, I just loved the hilarious frugality. 2ghetto2fail lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads