• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next stop, Las Vegas!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would appreciate it if someone would buy everything I have listed on eBay (listed now and for the foreseeable future), so I can buy this car I saw for sale today and have since contracted a case of the serious wants.
I feel the same way, but about this...

Lirum

Reaction score
Oh, wow. Just thought of a (theoretically) clever idea for packaging. So you have those opaque self-seal mailers that you use before stuffing the garment into the box, right? And you probably wish you could have some clever/nice looking thank you message sent out with every package, combined with simple instructions on how to contact yourself and return the garment if needed. But slipping a piece of paper doesn't work so well, because people are likely to discard that with invoice before even giving much thought to either.

Design a template that will print onto the same self-adhesive labels you use to print postage. Have a thank you, brand name, instructions to return, whatever. Print that, and slap it on the outside of each opaque self-seal bag.

When the customer opens their box and pull out their bag, the first thing their eyes are drawn to is the sticker (because the bag is opaque). Because that's the first thing they see and aren't yet distracted by the garment (ideally they'll wait to rip open the bag to quickly read your sticker, if out of novelty alone), you'll have their full attention and ability to craft the customers mindset before they see the garment.

Or you could get that message printed on the outside of those poly bags, but I don't think in bulk like that.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Box dropped at FedEx Office! Insured for the full sale price!

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But Amazon's got much bigger poly mailers, up to 2'x2'.

*Found these on eBay too at this store: http://stores.ebay.com/goodusa/

Not looking for padded mailers...just plain old clear plastic bags, maybe with a self-seal flap but not important. Like 16x20 or 20x24. I'll be perusing eBay / ULine / Amazon.

I feel the same way, but about this...

I feel you, man. When I lived in Chicago, I lusted after, and finally bought, a decent Cannondale hybrid and it was the nicest bike I ever owned after I upgraded the grips / suspension / saddle / all sorts of other ****. Rode it to/from work for quite some time, thru the parks on weekends. Sold it for more than I paid for it when I moved to Portland (which is a great bike city but not if your job is uphill both ways in the rain nearly all year).

Oh, wow. Just thought of a (theoretically) clever idea for packaging. So you have those opaque self-seal mailers that you use before stuffing the garment into the box, right? And you probably wish you could have some clever/nice looking thank you message sent out with every package, combined with simple instructions on how to contact yourself and return the garment if needed. But slipping a piece of paper doesn't work so well, because people are likely to discard that with invoice before even giving much thought to either.

Design a template that will print onto the same self-adhesive labels you use to print postage. Have a thank you, brand name, instructions to return, whatever. Print that, and slap it on the outside of each opaque self-seal bag.

When the customer opens their box and pull out their bag, the first thing their eyes are drawn to is the sticker (because the bag is opaque). Because that's the first thing they see and aren't yet distracted by the garment (ideally they'll wait to rip open the bag to quickly read your sticker, if out of novelty alone), you'll have their full attention and ability to craft the customers mindset before they see the garment.

Or you could get that message printed on the outside of those poly bags, but I don't think in bulk like that.

Personally, I just send a separate message thru eBay saying to contact me directly in the event of any questions, issues or problems...because back to their computer they will go if they have any of those. I have not looked at a packing slip, post card, business card, sticker or anything else in the package in who knows how long...though one seller sent some SweetTarts-type candy with their name on the wrapper, and I ate it and sort of remembered them and am pretty sure I was not roofied.

HOWEVER, I could totally see putting a QR Code sticker on the bag/packaging someplace:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not looking for padded mailers...just plain old clear plastic bags, maybe with a self-seal flap but not important. Like 16x20 or 20x24. I'll be perusing eBay / ULine / Amazon.

I feel you, man. When I lived in Chicago, I lusted after, and finally bought, a decent Cannondale hybrid and it was the nicest bike I ever owned after I upgraded the grips / suspension / saddle / all sorts of other ****. Rode it to/from work for quite some time, thru the parks on weekends. Sold it for more than I paid for it when I moved to Portland (which is a great bike city but not if your job is uphill both ways in the rain nearly all year).

Personally, I just send a separate message thru eBay saying to contact me directly in the event of any questions, issues or problems...because back to their computer they will go if they have any of those. I have not looked at a packing slip, post card, business card, sticker or anything else in the package in who knows how long...though one seller sent some SweetTarts-type candy with their name on the wrapper, and I ate it and sort of remembered them and am pretty sure I was not roofied.

HOWEVER, I could totally see putting a QR Code sticker on the bag/packaging someplace:

Of course I scanned it. Cool....I want one.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course I scanned it. Cool....I want one.

Lots of online free QR code generators...but find one that actually works! I didn't dig too much, would be ideal to have some text ("Thanks for blah blah"), eBay store link and whatever else. Download, have VistaPrint or whomever make up a roll, slap 'em on and ship 'em out. You may have an idea or two to refine that, but that's what I was thinking.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they're padded, but they're certainly opaque.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks very promising, and pretty cheap too - thanks!

Me Likey! Thanks!

My phone scanner doesn't recognize it as a QR code (using RedLaser on a new Samsung Galaxy S4), but could also just be my monitor & glare. I'd email it to a few folks with different phones to make sure it was recognizable across the majority before committing.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading this on my phone is frustrating. I want to scan the codes but can't. It's like when you try biting your own ear or licking your own elbow.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That looks very promising, and pretty cheap too - thanks!

My phone scanner doesn't recognize it as a QR code (using RedLaser on a new Samsung Galaxy S4), but could also just be my monitor & glare. I'd email it to a few folks with different phones to make sure it was recognizable across the majority before committing.
Hmm..Ok. Worked on my iphone, quickly. I will send it about.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How much faster do you need GS to be? I can crank out a listing in less than 2 minutes the way it is now.

Meesterrr beeeg tyymme

I know Luxeswap uses very nice plastic bags for suits & SC's before entering a box.  They are awesome, and have been a recipient of them in the past.  Those would be fantastic to use, but for me at this point, I need to wait and make sure I have some legs underneath me before trying to expand into extra expenses.

edit: in fact, I have ecstatically reused the Luxeswap bags to ship items off in before.

Recycle, reuse!

Lol, I've thought more than once about ordering from Brian, Spoo, and Wes just to see how they do packaging. 

doit.jpeg

Yes, that's more along the lines of what I'm looking for - got one shipment from LuxeSwap and dug the bag.  I'm letting the baby play with it right now. 

NOT THE BABY!

Got one shipment from Luxeswap......dug the bag and switched packaging styles immediately. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery. Thanks Spoo. 

If anyone ever wins a multiple unit purchase, or a pair of shoes effective last week, you're in for a whole new packaging mind blow.

Reading this on my phone is frustrating. I want to scan the codes but can't. It's like when you try biting your own ear or licking your own elbow.

I can lick my own elbow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads