Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

maybe you can call the local P.O. if the case gets escalated, and see about getting more info on that package / driver delivery.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

+1

A lot of times, if you don't wait too long, the driver will remember the packages. Unless of course they are a chronic ebay buyer/SF trader like me who receives multiple packages on a regular basis.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I've never had to do this, but sure does sound like a nightmare. But this is the step I would take if the package does not show "delivered". Or if I had insurance on the item, I would let it ride! I think...

I seem to only insure (ship coverage) international items...bad habit? Most of my domestic purchase are below 100$...

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Don't be fooled by that little memo on your ebay shipping screen "priority mail includes UP TO $100" Truth be known it normally only includes $50 of coverage unless you are shipping Priority Express.

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Yea I've heard that...and I never ship priority express...if I did use express, it would be for large international purchase...but at that point I would still purchase the additional ship coverage to trump the "included up to 100$".

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

All said, I make it a habit to purchase additional insurance for items which hit about $90 and up. I've only had to use it once, but it saved me $400. I suppose you could actually insure yourself though. Put aside the amount you would have paid for the insurance into a separate account, and only dip into it when you have a lost/damaged item.

7. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

How much of a difference will Top Rated Plus make on my sales? I'm about to hit it, and I typically sell 2 buy it nows and 2-5 auctions a week. I regularly post 50ish or so a month, starting to ramp it up. I have this expectation to hit Search Result Nirvana once I get my TRSP but I'm not actually sure what to expect.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

It's not the answer to eBay sales, or the trick of the century. Supposedly it can help with fees, and publicity with search results. I cannot remember the before & after of when I hit it, so I'm not really sure if you will see a huge difference. I only see a big difference when I list more items [​IMG]

You get out what you put into it.

9. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I've definitely noticed more watchers and views this time around (highest number of items up at once). I guess the bounce around makes a big difference. Just curious as I've heard TRSP helps your search results and such, but a lot of people have TRSP so I'm not sure exactly how big of a difference it is.

Appreciate the insight!

10. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

The main difference is 20% reduction in fees iirc.

11. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Anyone figure out how to setup a Excel sheet to export into Garage Sale? Would make the listing process far faster if you could enter information into a spreadsheet and then design it so that upon exporting the cells would be mapped to certain places in the GS template.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

How much faster do you need GS to be? I can crank out a listing in less than 2 minutes the way it is now.

13. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

If it were 1 minute that's twice the listings. I need it to be instantaneous.

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Sounds like a 1st world problem....a conundrum.

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

run us through your listing process right now.

what do you have GS set up as with a template, and what is required to fill in?