Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

My shop is packaging it today. The owner hooked me up with the seller. My shipping charge included packaging. This is the same shop for which I sell clearance items. I need to get back in there and add more stuff to my store! I've made over $500 from their stuff in the past month.

2. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I have every BIN set up as auto accept/decline, haven't had one complaint. Have had a few peeps use their 3 offers and email me with a 4th. Every time they've done that, the email was within my accept limit and I've closed the auction and re-listed to let them make that offer again.

3. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I does not say auto-declined but it's extremely obvious as it's declined instantly.

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Nope
    So it only shows shipped date, and not the delivered date? It would have to show a delivered date to be cut and dry to win the ebay case. If the package was never delivered, it would be covered if insurance was purchased. If it was marked as delivered the buyer is SOL.

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

maybe you can call the local P.O. if the case gets escalated, and see about getting more info on that package / driver delivery.

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

+1

A lot of times, if you don't wait too long, the driver will remember the packages. Unless of course they are a chronic ebay buyer/SF trader like me who receives multiple packages on a regular basis.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I've never had to do this, but sure does sound like a nightmare. But this is the step I would take if the package does not show "delivered". Or if I had insurance on the item, I would let it ride! I think...

I seem to only insure (ship coverage) international items...bad habit? Most of my domestic purchase are below 100$...

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Don't be fooled by that little memo on your ebay shipping screen "priority mail includes UP TO $100" Truth be known it normally only includes $50 of coverage unless you are shipping Priority Express.

9. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Yea I've heard that...and I never ship priority express...if I did use express, it would be for large international purchase...but at that point I would still purchase the additional ship coverage to trump the "included up to 100$".

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

All said, I make it a habit to purchase additional insurance for items which hit about $90 and up. I've only had to use it once, but it saved me $400. I suppose you could actually insure yourself though. Put aside the amount you would have paid for the insurance into a separate account, and only dip into it when you have a lost/damaged item.

11. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

How much of a difference will Top Rated Plus make on my sales? I'm about to hit it, and I typically sell 2 buy it nows and 2-5 auctions a week. I regularly post 50ish or so a month, starting to ramp it up. I have this expectation to hit Search Result Nirvana once I get my TRSP but I'm not actually sure what to expect.

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

It's not the answer to eBay sales, or the trick of the century. Supposedly it can help with fees, and publicity with search results. I cannot remember the before & after of when I hit it, so I'm not really sure if you will see a huge difference. I only see a big difference when I list more items [​IMG]

You get out what you put into it.

13. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I've definitely noticed more watchers and views this time around (highest number of items up at once). I guess the bounce around makes a big difference. Just curious as I've heard TRSP helps your search results and such, but a lot of people have TRSP so I'm not sure exactly how big of a difference it is.

Appreciate the insight!

14. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

The main difference is 20% reduction in fees iirc.

15. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Anyone figure out how to setup a Excel sheet to export into Garage Sale? Would make the listing process far faster if you could enter information into a spreadsheet and then design it so that upon exporting the cells would be mapped to certain places in the GS template.