1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Redacted

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Senior member

RTC, I was thinking the same thing: it's got elements of a shooting jacket to my eye as well. .

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Haha, unredacted.

I saw jgill post about the 'field' jacket. Maybe that'll be a better catch all.

The shoulder reminds me of a shooting jacket, and the pockets look like things you could use while hunting.

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Actually, I think you guys are absolutely right. I didn't catch that padded shoulder. Definitely a shooting jacket. I don't think I've every seen a denim one, though.

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Just tried to ship a $50 tie to Russia and can't use the ebay insurance as it's not offered anymore to Russia[​IMG] Back to old school USPS 1st Class Registered Mail

6. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Senior member

^^ it's a mutt stylistically for sure, but definitely has elements of a shooting jacket.

7. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

About to mail my first tie...OK to send in a bubble mailer?

I will fold and wrap in tissue paper.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Where did u find ur 1099 via pp website?
    Also, We gotta print out Schedule C from Outright!
    I don't use outright through eBay, rather I go straight to the website, no the eBay app version. But, through the site, I also get reverted to 2013 until I manually change it. Would be nice to know how!

EDIT: little digging around found where my "tax documents" were located in PP...

By the way, anyone switch over to the new PayPal yet? I think ima give it a go!
    Yea...ran into this last week with a shipment to Russia...I just went Priority and crossed my fingers. 1st class registered mail get u any insurance?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  9. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

oh boy. i have NO idea how to do taxes and this is my first time selling much on ebay (Only about $1000 net though).

ugh, should be interesting trying to figure this out.

10. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

With the shoulder padding I'd call it a shooting jacket or something like that.

11. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

hey wait. I just noticed the 2nd row of pockets. Those are for shotgun shells aren't they?

12. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Some of these also had an internal game pocket.

1 person likes this.
  13. Yorker

Yorker Senior member

Hey guys,

only picked up one tie at my last trip to the thrift, though it was a charvet. and it sat at home a couple days until I decided to try and up my photo game. I've got one of those lamps that has five bendy heads on it, which i can use to point down at something put in one super bright white light and four natural yellow ones, then I got a hand held lamp with another really bright white light, and decided to try and model Spoo's tie photos with a black background, but all I had was my guitar case, the textured background actually worked pretty well, I thought.

Anyway, I composed (what I thought) was a cool attention grabbing primary photo, and then it sold BIN in an hour at $45. hope I didn't under price it, lol. Seems to be what most are going for, and an hour turn around aint half bad.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Consult a tax pro, but, I don't believe you have to report it unless it's both: [200 or more transactions] and [$20k or more in sales]. Technically you're prolly supposed to if less than that, but if PayPal didn't report it to the IRS and you didn't get a 1099-K from them, I would blow it off (consult a tax pro).

Log onto PayPal.
    Choose History --> Tax Documents
    ...and see what awaits you.

They'll also send you one in the mail, if applicable.

15. DanM

DanM Senior member

Honestly, the IRS wants you to report every bit of income. Heck, they want you to self-report use tax that you owe for online purchases where sales tax wasn't withheld (well, that's more for state taxes, but still true).

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What kind of tie was it? Talbott?

17. Yorker

Yorker Senior member

18. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

$45 for a Charvet seems reasonable. I just had one go for $26 at auction.

19. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Mine went for 56ish at auction

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor