• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, just handle it the old way....manually, through the ebay/paypal transaction page.
Ah, okay. Thanks. Somehow, I've gotten lucky and this is my first return, so I'm learning as I go on this one.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see. If you need help navigating through the standard return process, let me know....glad to help.
If you can tell me how to navigate to this page:
Quote: I can probably handle it from there.

I really appreciate the help.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about that design suggests heraldic? Never heard that term before.
by no means an expert, but it has ancient origins. Heraldry is all that rank and order stuff associated with royalty/ battle/ etc. It the middle ages the design of shields, standards, castles are full of images, usually battle or war related, but doesn't have to be. On documents, art, architecture certain motif's were combined with decorative elements, themselves also having meaning, that recur. A rosette carved in a mantle, an acanthus leaf cast in stone around a shield. Griffins and all types of mythical animals. All show up in Heraldic patterns. Think coats of arms. Flags. government seals.

Case in point, look at the back of a one dollar bill. You have the seal of the USA, itself a heraldic pattern. Note the shield in the middle and compare it to the image on the right below. note the vertical stripes. In heraldry, there were rules governing which colors could touch, so in the seal of the USA and this image, the red stripes are bordered by white, same as in the USA seal. The small sprig-like leafs are likely olive leafs, now look at the right talon of the eagle. I don't know if these flowers are supposed to be roses or tulips or whatever, but essentially they would all mean something. the one on the left looks like a rosette, but maybe based on a different flower. On the dollar, note all the acanthus leaf etched around the seal.

So, my inclination was to think that this was some take on a patriotic theme for PRL, because of the way the symbols were used.

And because I'm not expert on it, I don't know what most of the imagery means.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you can tell me how to navigate to this page:
I can probably handle it from there.

I really appreciate the help.
On the side bar of your "my ebay" page, select the paid and shipped category and select the item in question, or you can enter the item page directly from the email the buyer sent to you.

From there you can select one of the two below. I prefer the "view order details" selection, because I can see everything about the order in one place.

This is the page I was incorrectly calling the Transaction page. From here you can perform any function you need involving returns, transaction cancellations, refunds, tracking, feedback etc.

If you were the buyer, this is where you can initiate a return if the buyer has the hassle free Managed Returns option selected.

To continue, click the Paypal Transaction button to be redirected to the payment page in Paypal. You will process the refund there. Be sure you have received and inspected the returned item before sending the refund.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by no means an expert, but it has ancient origins. Heraldry is all that rank and order stuff associated with royalty/ battle/ etc. It the middle ages the design of shields, standards, castles are full of images, usually battle or war related, but doesn't have to be. On documents, art, architecture certain motif's were combined with decorative elements, themselves also having meaning, that recur. A rosette carved in a mantle, an acanthus leaf cast in stone around a shield. Griffins and all types of mythical animals. All show up in Heraldic patterns. Think coats of arms. Flags. government seals.

Case in point, look at the back of a one dollar bill. You have the seal of the USA, itself a heraldic pattern. Note the shield in the middle and compare it to the image on the right below. note the vertical stripes. In heraldry, there were rules governing which colors could touch, so in the seal of the USA and this image, the red stripes are bordered by white, same as in the USA seal. The small sprig-like leafs are likely olive leafs, now look at the right talon of the eagle. I don't know if these flowers are supposed to be roses or tulips or whatever, but essentially they would all mean something. the one on the left looks like a rosette, but maybe based on a different flower. On the dollar, note all the acanthus leaf etched around the seal.

So, my inclination was to think that this was some take on a patriotic theme for PRL, because of the way the symbols were used.

And because I'm not expert on it, I don't know what most of the imagery means.
This is all very interesting, but the question in my mind is, who is going to be actively searching ebay for a Heraldic tie. Be sure to list it so someone will find it, and preferably at least 2 people to get the bids moving.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the side bar of your "my ebay" page, select the paid and shipped category and select the item in question, or you can enter the item page directly from the email the buyer sent to you.

From there you can select one of the two below. I prefer the "view order details" selection, because I can see everything about the order in one place.

This is the page I was incorrectly calling the Transaction page. From here you can perform any function you need involving returns, transaction cancellations, refunds, tracking, feedback etc.

If you were the buyer, this is where you can initiate a return if the buyer has the hassle free Managed Returns option selected.

To continue, click the Paypal Transaction button to be redirected to the payment page in Paypal. You will process the refund there. Be sure you have received and inspected the returned item before sending the refund.

So. Helpful. Thank you very much.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you sell internationally, do you choose all the countries that you want to block?

When you choose the countries or continents of where you want to ship to, this just informs lurkers and buyers of where you ship the item to. This does not block these outside lurkers from actually purchasing the item. The only way to help improve these chances, is to actually 1 by 1 block the countries of which you choose NOT / DON'T ship to.

From what I hear, there is no fail proof system.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just packed my first shipment to Iceland!

Fun stuff, haggling over price with someone there while still in bed here in sunny California!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update.....

My chargeback for $225 from a couple weeks back has been covered in full by Paypal seller protection.

New Case.....

Item Not Received: "I unfortunately had not updated my Paypal account with my new address. I used the tracking number and saw that the item is being sent back to you as undeliverable. My current address is as follows: Joe Schmoe, Yada Yada Drive, BFE, USA Please resend the item. Thanks, Joe"

And....why is this a reason to open a case against me again?

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, people like that really give Joe Schmoe a bad name!
foo.gif

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is all very interesting, but the question in my mind is, who is going to be actively searching ebay for a Heraldic tie. Be sure to list it so someone will find it, and preferably at least 2 people to get the bids moving.
This is why I came asking in the first place. I asked my wife and she said NO ONE would know WTF I was saying and no one would be looking for it.

Spoo bailed me out by suggesting "Floral Mosaic" which is what I went went.

I only wrote the above in reply to Lirum asking what put me on the trail of the heralds.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Case.....

And....why is this a reason to open a case against me again?
Wouldn't this just be the new system, it automatically opens a case when you say you haven't received an item. Maybe he just went that way and followed the prompts instead of just sending you a message?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads