1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Thats very interesting. Please keep us updated!

2. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

We won't get a 1099 if we didn't sell over 20k, right?

Yep, it went up

When you say "down", down as in more of a savings or down as in bad?

Totally disagree. Women are the primary customers for re-sale, consignment and thrifts. Most of my women friends go to these places and they're def. not economically challenged. Their demographics say they wouldn't go to these places but they def. do. Women are more about bargains vs men, therefore, they shop at these places.

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Right, but I wonder how much of this is brick and mortar versus ebay.

I have a friend that sells a ton of stuff on ebay and does pretty well and she only caters to a female audience. She just opened a consignment store in addition to her ebay biz. So there is definitely a market.

I just wonder what the breakdown is between ebay and brick and mortar. Of course, these two things are not mutually exclusive!

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

I believe it has to be both over 20k and 200, I was over 20k last year but only had about 90 transactions

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Postage went up and the discount went down (decreased). Meaning we pay more now.

6. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Agree

How do we check how many transactions we produced last yr on ebay?

UGH. Thanks, Wes!

7. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Flat rate Priority should have been just about $25. It would fit in a flat rate bag I'm sure.

Hey..and where did you ship that 1930's Striped sweater off to?

8. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

How do we "copy" the ebay selling items page like the guys do on the "What I'm Selling" thread? I mean the photos, links, and the ebay layout is just copied directly onto the posting on SF...how???

9. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Well you can disagree all you want but it's my sample size so :p

That's why I said the ones I've talked to :)

10. CashmereHunter

CashmereHunter Member

Hello I will be joining this thread to step up my ebay game.

11. CashmereHunter

CashmereHunter Member

Not to butt in , But I would have to say, that there is a lot more consignment geared towards women, because all in all the average woman buys more clothes. That is fact.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

LOL Yup thats my boy. Love him long time. Really happy I bought Rolexes from him prior to that though haha

You guys are awesome, thanks for the nice words.

I appreciate being benchmarked. I have large numbers next to all my platforms. Almost 12,000 feedback, 25,000 transactions, 25,000 posts here, several thousand tumblr followers, a few hundred on instagram, a decade plus of selling online. I have a lot of exposure and a lot of interaction.

But make no mistake, for each one of those numbers, a sacrifice of something was made - time, fun, sleep, something. No complaints, no changes, but just realize for those starting out, its not overnight. Be consistent, and if you are going headlong into the hustle, be prepared to give something up, sell some shit for less than you thought, and take the bumps and bruises before you start reaping rewards.

4 people like this.
  13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ugh got neutral feedback from a zero feedback Korean buyer. Nothing but this symbol: "ㅋ" any ideas what it means? Other than wiki saying it means laugh

14. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Help with sizing on this Principle Jacket...smallest Jacket I've encountered...
    Measures like a 34/35...its not quite a 36, I tried to stretch my ruler, but cannot fool myself. They even make OTR shit that small? No tags whatsoever on this besides label.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MEASUREMENTS:
    Jacket:
    Pit to Pit: 18 3/4 inch
    Waist: 17.5 inch
    Sleeve Length from Shoulder: 25.5 inch
    Shoulders: 16 3/4 inch
    Length from BOC: 29 inch

15. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Deadstock: one or two words? Or is NOS better to use?

16. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Well said, as others have done as well...All I can say is, IM IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL!!! Sacrifice comes early, and stays around the most...that is my experience thus far. But consistency will allow me to reap the rewards...Also, It is Important to create beliefs in a business plan, so you have something to justify your hard work and remind you about what you have set out to do! Its early for me in the journey, but I have big goals and dreams to expand!

17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

One word.

NOS is the shit you put in Japanese cars to make them go faster.

1 person likes this.
  18. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Perfect answer! Absolutely right!

19. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I would call it a 35R. IME smaller-sized stuff goes as quickly on SF as it does on ebay.

20. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Hey

What are the name of these types of jackets? Also, what would you write in the description?

Thanks

[​IMG]

And this

[​IMG]