• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason I wait to leave feedback, as a seller, is that to me the transaction isn't completed until the buyer gets the item. If I leave positive feedback and then the buyer turns out to be a liar or whatever, I'd rather not have left feedback in case someone is contemplating buying from them or whatever in the future. Not that I could leave negative as a seller, but I'd rather leave nothing than leave positive and then get screwed over. I don't know. Obviously people can do whatever they want. That's just my two cents on waiting for the buyer to leave feedback first.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
FYI, if you have a store I have it set to automatically leave feedback for buyers. Dont even have to do it anymore which is nice. Does it as soon as they pay.

And the note on "they will if they want to" I find to be not 100% accurate as I follow up with buyers after 30-45 days and sometimes I get a message back saying "oh hey sorry totally forgot and I wish I could but its been too long" So a little reminder sometimes helps. Anyone who has an issue is going to contact you anyway.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, if you have a store I have it set to automatically leave feedback for buyers. Dont even have to do it anymore which is nice. Does it as soon as they pay.

And the note on "they will if they want to" I find to be not 100% accurate as I follow up with buyers after 30-45 days and sometimes I get a message back saying "oh hey sorry totally forgot and I wish I could but its been too long" So a little reminder sometimes helps. Anyone who has an issue is going to contact you anyway.

That requires "selling manage pro" which is 15.99 per month. I personally do not have that.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was the single best upgrade with upgrading the store! My time spent finishing transactions has substantial dropped since I changed it. That and all the extra "free" listings is great!

marc roberto

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my camera now, and I am presently looking at the canon sx510 hs and the canon g12. I am strongly leaning toward the g12 although its a few years older than the sx510, based on the advice from the associate at canon and b & h photo(and a photographer friend). Does anyone have experience with either of these cameras or any other tips. Would also be helpful to hear what you're using. For me, I want to keep it under 350 tops. (I can get a refurbished g12 for under that)

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my camera now, and I am presently looking at the canon sx510 hs and the canon g12. I am strongly leaning toward the g12 although its a few years older than the sx510, based on the advice from the associate at canon and b & h photo(and a photographer friend). Does anyone have experience with either of these cameras or any other tips. Would also be helpful to hear what you're using. For me, I want to keep it under 350 tops. (I can get a refurbished g12 for under that)

Love my D3100. I know a few others have them here also. Prob can pick up for around 350 on ebay as they are few years old.

Lirum

Reaction score
Love my D3100. I know a few others have them here also. Prob can pick up for around 350 on ebay as they are few years old.

*Nikon D3100

(No condescension meant, may save a followup question.)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to h

I used to have a Canon Powershot G6. It (and similarly, the G12) was a great camera, but severely limited if you see yourself becoming serious about photography.

I love my Canon Rebel T4i.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, fire:

You figure when someone ***** up what you buy, and your receive a dirty pair of LL Bean chukkas not even in the right size, they would be a little nicer. Plus, I didn't open the case, eBay automatically opens them.
baldy[1].gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, fire:

You figure when someone ***** up what you buy, and your receive a dirty pair of LL Bean chukkas not even in the right size, they would be a little nicer. Plus, I didn't open the case, eBay automatically opens them.
baldy[1].gif
It's not actually a case either, until one of you escalates it from there.

Also....are you bidding on some of my stuff?

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not actually a case either, until one of you escalates it from there.

Also....are you bidding on some of my stuff?

I bid on a couple of things yeah. All of the c&j's (I think, particularly the suede), the spectators, and...something else that I can't remember. I wasn't going to bother you via pm because I know that you would far surpass what I would be willing to pay.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bid on a couple of things yeah. All of the c&j's (I think, particularly the suede), the spectators, and...something else that I can't remember. I wasn't going to bother you via pm because I know that you would far surpass what I would be willing to pay.
Oh, ok....just noticed it this afternoon, but it was a sport coat that was like 8 sizes too big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads