1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Quote Stupid Ebay Buyer: [​IMG]

2. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I've had a few of those ...

Well, at least you'll get a write off

3. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I have an old BB Tweed that's sized 44ML what is ML? Medium Long?

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Erm.

There's someone I know that needs to get a little better at saving receipts... Or photographing them and saving them. Sigh.

5. SCoNE

SCoNE Senior member

Had a first go at making a nifty little excel spread sheet that can spit out html for my listings. Basically input what you want into the form and the html code comes out the bottom. What do people typically do for their html? Manually change the code? Some similar generator to this?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

So a buddy of mine (not a thrifter) has been winning penny auctions with the sole purpose of building Feedback.

Ever hear of anything like this? Can eBay find out? Bannable?

Not condoning just wondering.

7. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

It's common. Not bannable.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I seriously dislike ebay some times...

I sold a PRL Cashmere sweater on December 11.
    On December 28th I received negative feedback IMMEDIATELY followed by a SNAD case (stating that the 'neck was stretched out' (which is laughable, at best).
    "buyer" sent an email stating that the item didn't fit her husband (obviously the real reason for the return).
    I requested that she close the case and request a return.
    I never heard back from 'the buyer'.
    On Friday, she escalated the case.
    I IMMEDIATELY called Ebay.
    They had ALREADY closed the case as 'seller fault' and told her to return the sweater for a 'forced return' (remember that I had already told her I would take it back if she closed the case).
    The CS lady told me that buyer has TEN DAYS to upload tracking information.
    She also told me that there is no way they can remove the negative feedback (she claimed that it wasn't technically against Ebay policy).
    Basically, my only hope is that the "buyer" either doesn't ship the item back or doesn't upload tracking information.

Basically, this "buyer" has tied up my inventory for TWO FUCKING MONTHS with no negative repercussions whatsoever! And she's left me with a negative mark for NO FUCKING REASON!

When the fuck is Ebay going to wise up to buyers scamming the system? Clearly this bitch bought her husband the wrong size sweater and is blaming me for it being the wrong size despite nothing being wrong with my listing or the product.

Remove the dots and add to your block lists...
    m.a.d.d.i.e.cal

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Yep.

10. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

Don't do that. The item is already paid for, the work is already done.

Just set your listing to automatically relist- if it's priced right it'll sell eventually.

My days of flipping are behind me, but I had items sit for 180+ days before selling. Once it's listed you don't really have to do anything until it's sold. It'd be different if it required some silly amount of work to relist an item or if these items were enormous and your space was extremely limited.

Just be patient.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. thefastlife

Guys I have lots of shadows...any advice? I am using a camera phone and some home lamps for this so be easy on me...

Also, what pattern is this?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

Edit: I posted a similar photo before but I moved the mannequin this time

12. Reigningchamp

Reigningchamp Senior member

You need to either shoot in daylight or invest in a lighting kit. Investing in your work is important. A $300 investment for a camera, backdrop, and softbox pays for itself multiple times over.

13. thefastlife

Thanks but tbh I don't think a new camera is necessary. I do agree with your lighting comment. I get very little sun in my apartment.

14. Reigningchamp

Reigningchamp Senior member

Do you plan on doing this for real or for quick cash? Maybe I'm speaking to the wrong hustle.

1 person likes this.
  15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I do think that with better lighting his camera will be adequate. While an SLR doesn't hurt things, phone cameras are fine in settings with good lighting.

The lighting here will make a world of difference.

I can't speak to the other things like backdrop and softbox as my knowledge doesn't extend at all.

16. CiDub

CiDub Member

check the tracking info. if it says delivered then its gone. if it says undeliverable as addressed then it should be returned to you if proper return address was on the label.

17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I can't speak for all camera phones, only for the iPhone 5. Even with proper studio lighting, the phone camera will only accurately photograph middle density subjects. Try shooting something black, and it will have very little detail. Light subjects will be dark. Unless you want to spend scads of time in post processing, at least get a P/S camera that can do manual exposure.

18. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I get random refunds from USPS to my Paypal. No ones complained about not receiving their item either. Should I be worried?

19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

20. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Senior member

Get some 5000K light bulbs, and play around with positioning. Seriously, 5000K light bulbs have made a crazy difference.